2006 Ford Five Hundred

2006 Ford Five Hundred

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Ford Five Hundred 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

very good passenger car and decent hauler

by mr ed from elk river mn. | February 8, 2014

love the comfort and handling of this car,love the high seating and hauling room in the vehicle.I have had only routine maintenance so it has been a reliable vehicle for me.I would rate it about 4+ I love the abs drive system great for Minnesota winters.the safety ratings were also a selling point.it turned out to be the most important thing about the car.unforunately I hit a huge big doe at highway speed.I was a bit sore for a few days but I am fine .the most impotant things is my frail and handicapped wife was just fine.we drove it to a safe place and just walked away.

Good Overall car

by Rick_W50 from Central PA | September 8, 2013

Ample room good headroom and legroom. Fair mileage and reasonable power for overall driving.Good everyday family car.

Cheap but wonderful wheels!

by Former Saab Owner from NH | August 30, 2013

I am a former 3 time used Saab owner and I thought I would never get used to an american car but since Saab went under it became hard to find a reasonably priced used Saab. For not much money I got all the features my 9-5 had and a few more in the 06 500 Limited. Granted It is not a turbo so it has much less power but as an around town driver I don't need it and replacing a turbo is 1,000 bucks! I can't get over how smooth it drives and how quiet it is inside. It has many safety features and a huge trunk. I could drive it all day and not get sore with the lumbar support and heated seats. I really hate to say it but I like it better then my last Saab. It started to need work at 230,000 miles. It was a 99 and I was losing the battle on rust living in the North East with all the salt. So when I was told it needed front bearings and it started burning oil and needing 1000 dollars worth of body work it was not too hard to let go of it. I got my 2,300 dollars out of it over the last 5 years and then some. I hope the same will be true of The Ford 500 Limited although I doubt I will get 230000 from the engine. You never know!

Great car

by J from syracuse, NY | August 3, 2012

I have a 500 SEL with leather, roof, traction control, and 133,000 miles from new. This is the most comfortable road car I have ever owned. I love the command seating and the 8 way power seat I have driven this car 11 hours in a day and get out with no back problems. We get 24 mpg around town in mixed driving and 28 on the road. 3.0 liter engine regular transmission. This car still runs vibration free at 80 mph on the highway, the 3.0 is more then adequate to get you out into traffic. Other than the original recall on the brake pads this car has been worry free driving for 6 years. I have replaced 3 sets of brakes, 3 sets of tires and the front and rear stabilizer bars. My oil has been changed every 4-5000 miles per mfg specs. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. It is also great in the snow and in wet conditions. I run Brigstone Turanza tires on the car year round.

Love the 500

by Bob from North West New Jersey | April 3, 2012

Great deal on this 500 rides nice , love the expansive interior / trunk. Exterior styling may seem dated , but it has a classic look that I like , the 3. liter 6 is small but it's what allows for 30 hwy I have the SEL , loaded just wish it had the traction control.

Biggest Waste of money..

by organdude from Boston, MA | July 22, 2011

I bought the 2006 Ford Five Hundred SE with the CVT (FWD) and had issues from the beginning. There was a humming noise coming from the front since day one, apperntly there is a manufacturing defect in the ballbearings in the transmission. The dealer quoted me $2,600 to repair or over $6k to replace the transmission itself. The power window always acted screwy. The car is definitely under-powered, it is the noisiest car I have ever owned. The road noise, the engine noise, and the humming from the transmission was too much for me. If you are considering buying one, really check it out.

ford five handred

by oas from saudi arabia | November 26, 2010

car perfomance is not saticfactory on the road. i would not recommend this car to afriend , poor dealer and service center in my country .

Uses car for Towing

2006 ford five hundred AWD *** 2 thumbs up!***

by racerdad from Springfield, MA | August 30, 2009

The five hundred has been a pleasure to drive. I have close to 50K miles on it and have had no problems. Gas mileage has been in the mid 20's on the highway and the large gas tank offers good range between fill ups. Passengers always comment about how easy it is to enter and exit. The trunk swallows anything you can carry to the car. The AWD is the best feature for my New England winters, the car climbs slick hills easily. The abs and traction control are added features to keep me under control. I can't wait for the 2010 version.

Alot of car for the buck

by Lee from Montreal, qc | August 17, 2009

I bought this car 2 months ago (2006 Limited AWD) and have yet to find something to complain about. Very comforatable ride, great MPG (avg 23.9) More acceleration than described on most sites. I cannot understand why ford didn't sell more of these?

Good All around

by mark from | February 20, 2009

I am 26 and wanted to get a used car with decent mileage and not too old. I found a 06' limited and it had all the bells and whistles. I bought mine with 18,000 on it and have put on 19,000 since i bought it about 2 years ago. I have had no issues with the vehicle. Basic maintenance , that's all. It drives smooth, short on power but great on the highway and the expressways. I have had nothing but compliments once people get in and actually ride in it. Looks good on the outside and good on the inside. Bought black, with the rims all cleaned up, the car looks amazing. I still think it looks awesome when i walk out of somewhere and see it.