2009 Ford Flex

Available in 5 styles:  2009 Ford Flex 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Problem after Problem!

by Irma from Encino, CA | August 14, 2014

I purchased my Flex new in 2009 It's a 2009 model. Shortly after buying it - the cooling fan broke and left me stranded on the fwy. Thank God I have AAA. Recently, I hit 100k miles and my engine light went on recently with a message: "Check Fuel Intake " which makes me nervous. I took it in for repair as it turns out the gas hose was very loose. Now I;m taking it back in again because only a month later, I'm getting the very same message! Just want the darn car fixed already! I'll never buy another Ford again!

Another great Ford!

by Heartlandjason from Arkansas | August 12, 2014

This car is awesome. I love driving My flex. It's like you're gliding along on a cloud. It's loaded with options,seats seven,and is very versatile. Mine has a 12 speaker Sony sound system.

bad transmission

by jn from ct. | June 25, 2014

This car has given us nothing but problems the wrench light comes on then the transmission slams and doesntdrive. ITS TO BAD GOOD LOOKING CAR BUT ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP 3 times in 5 weeks and they just cant figure out the problem

Highly Recommended

by ILoveMyFlex from Chicago, Il | December 21, 2013

I bought a used 2009 SEL 15 months ago. It had 33k, AWD, leather, sunroofs, and a DVD system for the kiddies. This is a fantastic vehicle, hands down. I've seen two or three reviews on here with people complaining about interior parts falling out (roof mounted vents and trim). I have two very destructive little boys, 3 and 6, and have had no problems with with loose parts. We've put 15k on it since buying it including three 800+ mile road trips. Besides four new tires and a couple of oil changes, it has stayed out of the shop. As others have noted, it's crazy roomy, drives like a much smaller vehicle, and has plenty of get up n go at both the high and low end. I would highly recommend this car to anyone in the market for an SUV/Minivan/Wagon type vehicle.

Most reliable and strong car i have ever owned

by Shah from New Jersey | November 11, 2013

I m limo business owner and its been always a challenge to add another vehicle which fits my demands which are not easy to come up with. Finally I got one after a big study of comparisons and using it for last one year of 120,000 miles. Absolutely wonderful car and hats off to FORD. Only thing if any Ford company guy is reading this PLEASE add another 12 to 14 inches length of the trunk and I guarantee that u will not be able to meet the demand of this vehicle.

Sooooo Comfortable

by Happy Owner from | October 1, 2013

We purchased our 2009 new and still love it. Ours has a leather interior - extremely comfortable. Loads of room with seats that easily configure into useable space for when we have to fit large amounts of items as well.

we like Old Flexy

by lux car snob from Northern CO | September 15, 2013

I bought our 2012 SEL AWD Flex in the early spring of this year. (paid 24k w/ 18k miles). Interior Cloth, Exterior Silver. So I replaced our 850 Turbo Wagon which was a wonderful car but was showing it's age. We already have a gas guzzler SUV and I wanted more of a minivan to haul our kids and stuff around. This car is more like a wagon than an SUV. Its really easy to get in and out of. And driving it is super nice - it sits you up like sitting in a highback chair. Really reduces fatigue. And so much head room - I am tall and I can look up in the car - maybe another 8 inches. So far its been reliable - its got about 5k on it since I purchased it. City mileage is a little low, but I can get 25ish on the highway. Almost drove 400 miles on one tank. Great acceleration - it moves even with the standard V6. I can pass multiple cars, merging highway speeds, etc. Really nice powerband - for the size of the car. Decent handling as well - doesn't feel boxy. Good turn radius for AWD and size. Its a nice family car - but not too exciting. My regrets were to buy a car without leather and I should have looked at a different color or the two tone. I never saw a Flex before I bought it, but now I see them everywhere. The interior is a little plastic - y. But it has nice wood trim, semi lux feel. Carpet feels cheap. Decent in snow with all seasons awd. other cars I have Acura RL awd, Limited 4runner awd, G37

Excellent car!

by Family that loves driving from Miami | July 11, 2013

We're a family of 7, the Flex is the best cross over ever made, the space of a large SUV and the comfort of a sedan. Smooth ride, the only down side if any would be the limited space for stuff when all seats are used by people. If I was Ford I would add 12 inches to the length for more trunk space.

I love my Flex!

by Mom of 3 from Minot, ND | June 4, 2013

I just traded in my 2007 GMC Yukon Denali for a Flex, and I've been wondering why I didn't do it sooner! I have 3 kids, a 2 year old and twin 2 month olds. There is more than plenty of room in the 2nd row for all 3 carseats across, which allows me to leave the 3rd row folded down to make room for my huge double stroller. I've always loved the way the Flex looks, I'm a huge wagon van, with all the benefits and space of a minivan/SUV. the interior is the nicest I've ever seen on an American made car. The ride is just as good as my Denali, if not better. Would recommend this car to anyone!

Ford Flex Great Vehicle

by Stevenjay8832 from Ann Arbor, Michigan | June 10, 2012

I have a 3 year old Ford Flex which is one the best vehicles I have ever owned. The Flex I bought was a demo so it wasn't brand new. I feel that the Flex should include in its' marketing how much it room has, how comfortable it is, and that can seat four 6 foot plus people comfortably. It sits higher than a regular car which makes it easier for tall people to enter and exit. (I am 6'6".) Although my Flex has all wheel drive I don't think of it as a crossover SUV but more of a station wagon. With its' long wheel base and large tires the ride is best described as GREAT! The interior is extremely nice, the sound system is great, great head room, and on and on.... This is one fine car. My only wish would be a telescopic steering column for us taller people. Also....great car for winter driving! The Ford Flex is one GREAT car!