2010 Ford Flex

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Overall awesome

by Ohiocarguy from Ohio | December 12, 2013

I've always been skeptical of reviews written after a few weeks or months of ownership. Our 2010 Flex Limited was purchased in Feb 2011 with about 16000 miles on it. Wife needed a bigger car for her business and we both kind of liked the funky look of the Flex. Now with 60000 miles I couldn't get her anything other than a Flex. The space and comfort is amazing, outstanding features, great towing capacity, averaging 22-24 MPG and the on road handling is amazing for a 5000 lb vehicle. Just replaced the original tires and other than oil changes this thing has been as reliable as what it looks like - a brick. We have owned over 100 autos of all types, this is the best ever. I don't understand why more of these aren't sold. At least I can find mine in a parking lot full of ovoid shapes.

Nicest ride ever owned

by JK2014 from Seattle, WA | October 20, 2013

I must say at first I was not sure about the FLEX. I was a previous Hyundai Sante Fe owner and was looking at the KIA sorento. It was a toss up, but after driving each the FLEX hands down was a nice comfortable ride, larger towing capacity, awesome 3rd rows seats (teens actually argue who gets to ride in the back lol) powerful V6, 23-24 mpg on hwy, and love the automatic back door and heating system. Ford has done well with this vehicle. Definitely check it out!

All the comeforts of Home-ly.

by Mikey from Minneapolis, MN | July 30, 2013

I'm 6'5" 215lbs.... This vehicle is PERFECT. I'm a "function first" person....I want things to do their job well...appearance is important but function is first. I get 20mpg from a super comfortable, very quiet, spacious machine that can carry 6 people comfortably or converts quickly to a big time cargo hauler. The Flex is kinda 'homely' looking, but its an outstanding machine.

Excellent ride for tall guys

by FLEX Finatic from Radford, VA | February 4, 2013

I normally do not leave reviews, but I feel like I had to on this vehicle. During a month long car search, I sat in at least 15 SUVs/minivans, drove 4 of them. I'm 6.6" tall and I could not fit in any of them! Very frustrated, I started looking into bigger SUVs such as the Flex. When I drove it, I new right away it was for me. I've owned it for about 2 weeks and love it. Plenty of power that I need, room for more passengers with seats all the way back in the front, lots of room for the golf bags. More importantly, plenty of room for ME! Purhcased the SE model, had enough bells and whistles on it for me. Would like to see more on the road, I can't see why someone would pay more for an Explorer which I also drove and had less room in it. It was nice, but again, why pay more for less? Unless you need the 4WD. Definately check out the FLEX. You won't be dissapointed, especially if your tall looking for a comfortable ride.

Rental Gone GOOD

by Flex Fan from New York, NY | December 26, 2012

I rented this car, brand new (only 10 miles on it!), when I went to Seattle for a week long trip. I'd never driven one before, but the styling had always intrigued me. I'm drawn to it's unique, almost old school look in the day and age of modern, shapeless oval lumps on wheels. I ended up with the Flex by a stroke of luck, and absolutely loved it. It has a neat feature where the key adjusts the seats automatically when you get in and out of the car, and the third row folded with a simple few yanks on some straps. We had four people with a week's worth of luggage each, so we left the third seat down, ending up with tons of room to spare. Driving from Sea-Tac airport up to Seattle proper is a nice long highway trip, and we did hit some rush hour traffic as we got closer to the city, and the Flex performed admirably the entire trip. It was super comfy, quiet enough for us to talk the entire trip without shouting, and great on handling. We didn't drive it around enough to figure out gas mileage, as we spent most of our time in the city itself, and there's a lot of walking to be had in Seattle. But, we did drive down to Chinatown at one point, and even the narrow streets were no trouble for the Flex. Stopping on hills for stoplights wasn't an issue, either. I wish I'd been able to take it up into the mountains to see how it handled up there, but I was definitely sold and would love to get my hands on one to own someday.

I love my Flex

by frankie from Oshawa,Ontario | December 16, 2012

I love the distinctive styling,it is different from the other androgenous SUV's. Its comfortable,ergonomic,easy to drive,very car like with the cargo space and people moving ability of much larger vehicles.The front end looks truck-like but my favorite part is the awesome interior..the leather seats look amazing and the dashboard and controls work well. I looked at this car for many months before purchasing one used,it was a rental but very well taken care of. Excellent vehicle.

Extremely happy with every aspect of this car

by beflexed from Western, NC | December 12, 2012

The Ford Flex is a great car. It is big enough, with leg room and seat room. It drives very well on curvey roads and sails on interstates. It just looks cool!

cavernous!

by newtoflex from Norwalk, CT | July 24, 2012

After sitting in the 2010 Ford Flex that I purchased, used, I think my words were, "Wow! look at all the room!". After test driving the 2010 Ford Flex that I purchased, I think my words were, "Boy, this vehicle doesn't handle like a seven passenger vehicle." Upon exiting the vehicle and re-looking at it, I think my words were, " This is a little funny looking, but I really like it! It has bells and whistles that I have never had in previous vehicles. Love the Back up Camera!

Flexible

by Regular Guy from Elma, NY | June 18, 2012

Been driving my 2010 Flex for over a month now and can't say enough about it. Great quiet ride, Plenty of power without eco boost. Rock solid mileage 20-24 per tankful and just enough retro look to make it cool. Just need a surfboard for the beach crowd.... Really, I had a Suburban, Chrysler MiniVan and this is better than both, although not quite the space of the van, its more fun to drive for sure. I'm a big guy, 6-5, 250 and I love the room...

Wow!

by Central Cali Coast from Santa Maria, CA | June 7, 2012

After out-growing our Pathfinder, I did a LOT of research for a replacement. Came real close to buying a Traverse. Then, on a whim, I test drove the Flex. I was blown away by the ride, comfort, and features. My skeptical wife was too. It's been a year and 14,000 miles now and we LOVE this car. Driving 70 mph on I-5 or the 101 and getting 26 mpg! Our Pathfinder got 17. Our kids love the headrest DVDs and we love the quibbling they prevent. The ONLY regret (by me, not my wife) is not getting the Ecoboost. Maybe next time...if there is one. However, for 90% of the people out there, the standard motor is plenty powerful.