2012 Ford Focus Electric

2012 Ford Focus Electric

Available in 1 styles:  2012 Ford Focus Electric 4dr Hatchback shown

110 city / 99 hwy

Overall

A really practical electric car

by First Electric Car Owner from Cincinnati, Ohio | June 22, 2014

I bought a used 2012 Focus Electric with only 5,600 miles, in June 2014 for $20,000. I chose it because 1. it has a very useful range (75 miles) that perfectly fits my needs (30 mile round trip commute plus errands) 2. it looks great and not odd like some other electric cars and 3. it has a very high end set of interior features: Nav, Voice Control, Bluetooth, Sirius XM, heated seats, heated mirrors, rain sensing wipers, auto headlight, ...these are all standard. I strongly recommend the car especially as a low miles used car, it's great value. It is very cheap to operate: Costs me about $2.50 for 75 miles. It drives well. My only criticism is the trunk is small and the rear seat legroom is small. But for a commute car it is nearly perfect.

Ford Electric Focus

by First All Electric Auto from New Hope, MN | August 12, 2013

Very happy with the Ford Electric Focus. I installed a Level 2 charger and the car charges in less than 3 hours. The regenerative braking adds energy back into the batteries at a rate of about 1 mile of energy for every 1 block of braking. My longest trip has been 64.2 miles, had 83 miles on the battery at the start of the trip and had 25 miles on the battery at the end of the trip.

The perfect car for my current needs.

by ffe12-guy from Saint Louis, MO | April 7, 2013

I found a 2012 Ford Focus Electric in Saint Louis, MO. It was a pre-owned with only 1K miles. I test drove one at the auto show, and liked it very much. It is loaded with everything you can think of. Performance is great, and fits my daily drive of 25 miles or so. The range is in the mid seventies. I charge with the 120V, and I am able to have a full charge every day. Sony sound system is fantastic and the Ford MyTouch works great with my S2 phone. The leather seats are very comfortable, and it has power driver seat. Great handling and acceleration, even at highway speed. From a stop, the torque is a beast! Great looks and great engineering! Not a lot of storage, but I can always lower one of the back seats to fit anything extra large. I do not miss the gas station! Great job Ford!