2014 Ford Focus ST

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most bang for the Buck

by Bratwurst from Hales Corners, WI | March 7, 2014

Great car, 2014 is second model year for the ST, i always avoid the first. Wife and I debated about a Mini Cooper S, GTI, and couldn't agree - so we settled on the ST, and what a great car. Best value for a 5 door hatch. Runs on regular 87 octane gas. Such a pull when accelerating from 2000-5000 RPM puts a smile on your face every time. MPG has been improving as I put more miles on, but even "heavily spirited" driving can achieve over 20mpg which cannot be said for other turbo/high HP cars. Spend the extra dough for the ST3 trim with full leather heated Recaro seats, Navi, HID headlights. Also beware in the snowbelt, we purchased a set of winter wheels/tires 17" (for brake clearance.) The stock Eagle F1 are undriveable in winter, no joke. Cannot believe this much car is available for $25k brand new! We will enjoy many many miles with this car, and insurance isnt that bad either.

Makes you smile everytime you drive it

by car enthusiast from Fort Wayne, IN | January 27, 2014

After reading multiple reviews myself, I made the decision to purchase this car. I couldn't be happier. The features are endless and a sign of the craftsmanship that Ford has put into this car. The car is truly amazing in its responsiveness in handling and great stopping power. It accelerates hard enough to make you giggle like a kid again. To this point, I have only found two minor issues that I would change. I have found myself wishing there was a way to have the speed displayed digitally on the in-dash display. Additionally, I have found that all season tires (or a separate winter set) are nearly essential. At any rate, the car is excellent! I would suggest it to anyone on the fence about whether they feel its right or not.

Worth the Wait!

by Charley from Nebraska | January 11, 2014

I looked around and searched for a long time to find a car that delivered good performance and mileage while seating 5 and having very good value for the money. This car does all of the above and is just very fun to drive. I am averaging 27 miles per gallon and I have only owned it for a few months. It should get better as the car breaks in. I am a car guy and this car was worth the wait for me. I will be adding modifications as it gets older but I plan to own this car for at least three years. I will hopefully get a chance to do a review later.

First Ford

by the black Obi Wan from corona, california | December 26, 2013

I'm liking this so far. This is my first American car ever, I came over from a 2006 mazda RX-8 and the Ford Focus ST feels great. I love the body and look of the center exhaust. Cant wait to hop back in a drive some more.

Best All Around Hot Hatch

by Chief from Tampa, FL | November 19, 2013

Recaro seats are awesome but not for everyone. The German 6-speed manual transmission is smooth and easy to use. The Sony 10 speaker system sounds amazing. If you're looking for a hot hatchback for a daily driver this is the car.

Good car overall,the site is wrong on some things

by MeSomething from Canada | November 9, 2013

The car is a blast to drive but it doesn't have the self park gimmick nor the backup camera or the lane warnings etc... those stop at the Automatic Titianium model. Overall is is quite good and better initial quality than I expected when compared to Nissan. Ford does need to fix the motor mount issue on these cars... if they did it at the factory it would be cheap... but they still put regular motor mounts in this car with a beast of an engine.... they need to give their heads a shake... so many are now doing a TSB or replacing with 3rd party motor mounts to prevent it from slamming into the firewall on hard acceleration Other than that issue which is not too big of a deal unless you are a racer or spin the wheels alot on loose surfaces... the only thing that would make the car better is an AWD option and a slightly bigger trunk... some say gas tank too.. but this is a North American Car... how often are you not going to see a gas station within a couple hundred KM?

FOCUS S/T

by still kicken from MI. | November 6, 2013

So far so good.Ive' only had the car for a couple of weeks.I very much like the performance, the design and the overall capabilities of the S/T. It is a smaller vehicle than My Journey,but that is exactly what I wanted.

Fast and light car

by HeavyDD from Indianapolis, IN | October 7, 2013

This car is amazing for the price. I was debating between this and a Mazdaspeed3. The ST can use regular cheap unleaded or you can put in higher octane fuel and gain some HP. I average 28 mpg using 87-octane fuel with a mixture of city and highest driving. One can achieve 34 mpg by granny-shifting at 1900 rpm every time and staying off of the turbo, which is very hard to do because the car is so much more fun to drive in a more performance-based style.