2000 Ford Focus

Available in 5 styles:  2000 Ford Focus 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Best mileage

by Lead Foot from CrapHole, Wisconsin 53916 | August 11, 2013

I drove a 2000 Focus ZX3 Hatchback for bout a month an the only problem I had with the car was the blower motor for the heater/Defroster seizing up, but once that got fixed up (even though it only worked on setting 4 after that) it was a pretty fun car to zip around in.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Kish from Atlanta | December 26, 2012

I have had my Focus since 2000 bought it brand new. I am the only owner. I now almost 2013 and I have 256K miles on this car, original engine and transmission. I have done all regular maintenance and this little car has seen many different states. The gas is great and it does not hurt your pockets on average to fill up is $35.00 ( that's with gas being over $3.00. Great car once you take car of it. best purchase I have ever made.

Just keeps on going...

by Treva from San Francisco, CA | August 2, 2012

I've had my 2000 Focus zx3 since new, and now have 145000 miles on it. I really have to think long and hard about what's not to like about the car. I have the automatic, which was fine but with my spirited driving I've had 25-30mpg, other folks say with the stick shift they get 30+. On the road, the car remains quiet, corners very well. I've carted furniture, fridges, futons, all sorts of stuff in the hatchback with the back seats down. So what have I had problems with: Yes, it had the recalls around 2000-2002 but they were completed without a problem. I had to replace the front rotors due to warping after the first 9 months. Not sure what happened there but no problems since then. The engine crankcase breather needed replacing after about 55k, and the air-flow transmitter needed cleaning after about 80k. I've not yet changed the timing belt - probably overdue now. The shocks are still original and feel fine. I get it regularly serviced and that's that. Am I going to trade it in. Yes, but reluctantly, and only because with a 2 year old, it's just becoming too much to lug him into the back seat of this 3-door. I guess I got a reliable version of this car. For those of you wanting an economical, reliable car, this one should be on your shortlist.

Greatest deal

by Happy Focus Owner :) from Ft. Lauderdale, FL | April 2, 2012

Really skeptical until I saw the car and drove it. Runs great, everything in working order no dents or rust. Very Good Deal!

Godd reliable car

by Mel from Appleton, WI | October 21, 2011

other than a smaller trunk and interior this car is a great buy for the money. The gas milage is good too.

Great car,LOVE IT

by Mellisa from fort mill | October 20, 2011

I just recently got a 2001 Taurus. First time ever owning a Ford . No one can't believe how good of a car it is. it had very good price too. I want to recommend to every one.

Very reliable car. I have 5 Fords in my driveway!

by Soup from Columbus, Ohio | June 28, 2011

Bought the car used with around 45,000 miles on it. Now at 134,000 miles and still going strong. Had to repair a few things but nothing extremely major. Drives good, good gas mileage, comfortable to drive even for my husband that is 6'3" tall. The only thing negative I can say is I don't like the cup holders!! Very reliable transporation.

Best Car for the Money

by 2bud from Colorado | June 1, 2011

Drives great, carrys my family of four. The trunk is huge. With Studded snow tires it is awesome in the winter. Great gas mileage. Everything still works after 135,000 miles.

Very durable and reliable. Love my focus!

by rab949 from New Concord, OH | June 30, 2010

I bought my 2000 focus about 5 years ago with 40k miles on it and have deffiantly gotten my money out of it. Its still on the road with 145k miles on it now and have had a few minor problems but nothing compared to what all I've put it through. Between 50 and 100k miles had to replace a fan, water pump, brakes and regular maintenance. So far since 100k miles a thermostat, rotors, axel and strut (blame ohio roads for that) and windshield wiper motor. But this car is so durable and thank goodness for good insurance cause she's taken so many deer I've lost count (double digits atleast- also blame that on ohio!) but with no more damage than a few headlights, mirrors and quater panels. Great drive the whole time and no major complaints other than no AWD option and mine doesnt have a center console/armrest. But still a comfortable drive with lots of interior and trunk room. Just a very good car. Would recomend one to anybody!

ignition problems

by NEVER AGIAN from Westchester, NY | May 3, 2010

Third ignition i had to replace since I bought the car. And Ford will do nothing about. NEVER AGAIN will I buy a Ford. Not reliable.

Featured Services for this Ford Focus