2002 Ford Focus

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Let the Buyer Beware

by New to Ford Brand from Bowie, MD | May 9, 2013

Bought this used. My first Ford -- and last! On the way home the transmission started slipping, so it wasnt driveable. A transmission specialist informed us that the design of the Focus is flawed and that transmission problems are common and frequent! Cost a ton to get fixed. Dont let someone trick you into buying this without having a mechanic check it out. Then drive it for a long test drive in variable conditions - slow, fast, uphill, down hill, highway. If the person selling it wont let you do this. Walk away. Even still, it'll be risky.

Best car I've ever owned

by Careful driver!! from Fort Worth, TX | May 30, 2012

My Focus has 118,000 miles, I drive 62 miles one way to work, I've had this car since 2004, it has only broken down twice!!!

FORDFOCUSWAGON- M-M-M-Good

by LUVMYFORD from New York, NY | March 30, 2012

MY 1993 Ford Escort Finally gave up (Transmission Trouble) May she RIP. She served me well. Like the Timex watch. she took a lickin' and kept on tickin'. The Ford Focus was the logical replacement vehicle. Plenty of loading room inside and out (roof rack). Economical, long distance comfy - cruise control. Easy access change drawer, seat position can be elevated for better leg to torso angle - especially on long trips.

Proud Owner

by krasicki from CT | March 14, 2012

This wa smy second Focus - great cars both. The SVT is surreal. Excellent handling. Excellent value

2002 Ford Focus ZX3

by Practical Pete from Charlotte, VT | March 4, 2011

I've had my Focus for about 3 months now and it's met all my expectations. It's peppy and fun to drive and good on gas. The interior is nothing fancy but it's completely functional and the fold down back seat has enabled me to carry doors and other large items. With 94,000 miles it's been completely maintenance free so far!

A True Value

by lemerc from Spokane, WA | December 2, 2010

This is the second 2002 Focus my wife and I have owned. We are impressed by how well the Focus drives and handles, much like a larger car. Comfort is good, and controls are no-nonsense, easy to use. The ZX5, with its performance tires, was not too good in the snow. The station wagon we now have is much better. With regular maintenance, reliability appears excellent.

It works for what it is!

by I need a little more from Louisville, Ky | March 25, 2010

Ok this car is just an average everyday car that will get you where you are going and back home. There are no true thrills. The two Focus's I have gotten to experience range from the upper level SE to the base model and both are nothing really to be excited about. For price and economy I would just stick with the base model, the only thing you really want to make sure you get in the base model is air and a CD player. The upper level with all the bells and whistle is not really needed, especially since I heard that Ford kinda of slapped it together and the features like the keyless entry and power windows tend to fail. This car basically built for the youth that is trying to better them selves, with out breaking the bank. Trust me save all the bells and whistles for that car that you get when you have made something of your self. Again the car is not much to jump up and down about. The engine has a enough power to get you around in a decent manner. Handle is a little on the sporty side, which is a plus but trust me its not a sports car. The interior is roomy, and buttons are easy to read, the forward design of the dash help with this. Ride is okay but hit bumps can be sharp and dramatic. My biggest complaint is engine noise. Although the engine sounds smooth, it noise level makes you think the engine is in the passenger seat. Like I said it just a everyday car.

fast fun and epensive

by brentbod the man from pheonix, AZ | August 11, 2009

bought the car off of a buy here pay here places i dont thik it is a bad car at all but the owners before me beat it up and the dealer didnt do much about it. unfortunatly i bought it not knowing had to replace about 6000 dollars of stuff on it but now that its fixed and ready to go its a fast little car and great gas milage

Great car!

by Amber from Schaumburg, IL | August 10, 2009

My 2002 Ford Focus ZTS has been a great car. I've put hardly any mile into it and have 107,000 miles on it. I have dont rountine maintenance such as oil changes, and the car has lasted forever! I'm trying to sell it to get something bigger/newer, but the car still runs great!

Excellent for Singles or Couples, not Families.

by TradingUp. from Southern IN & IL | July 24, 2009

I bought my 2002 Ford Focus SE when it was just a year old, and it only had 40,000 miles on it. I drove it my last year and a half of high school, 90 miles per day all through college, and still have it. Only now, it has 165,000 miles on it! In the six years I've had the car I've only had to put $400 into it. Pretty impressive to me. When it was just me, the car was excellent. Even when my husband & I first got together we still had plenty of room. Now that we're starting a family, there's just not enough room in the backseat for kids, toys, diaper bags, etc. Although, I have to say the trunk is absolutely HUGE!! One of the things I was most concerned about when getting the car was how it would handle in the Illinois & Indiana winters. I'm happy to say that I've never had a bit of trouble getting around without slipping & sliding!

Featured Services for this Ford Focus