2004 Ford Focus

Available in 13 styles:  2004 Ford Focus 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

ford focus

by cc from Swansea, South Carolina | November 3, 2013

Shopping thru cars.com was easy, useful and I got the car I wanted for the price I wanted to spend, it was easy to shop Cars .com first so I went straight to the dealership to find the car. The dealer even drove the vehicle out to our place so we could try it out.

best small car

by st from | August 7, 2013

Original owner, now with 60K miles. great value with all the SVTperformance package & options included. Fun to drive. Average 28.5- 30.5 mpg combined commuting & around town. Just did the brakes for first time, Nothing else on the whole car replaced. except You do have to be careful on the low profile wheels/tires as potholes can cause sidewall damage and wreck a tire. I switch to regular Focus wheels/tires for winter; they fit OK over SVT larger front brakes. 3 dr. model is easy to get in and out for a 200 lb man. - (one reason I bought the car) plus fun factor for an economy car & HID's lamps and side airbags.

As disposable as a disposable razor.

by Let Down from | November 26, 2012

The title above is what the tow truck driver who just towed my car to the mechanic called Ford Focus'. My transmission went out and when we got to the mechanic, there were 3 other Focus' in the parking lot that need repairs also.My Focus has been pretty good to me but no signs were given that my transmission was about to give up. It just did. And to now know it is commonplace for the Focus' to fall apart, just makes me sad.

One of Fords good Ideas

by Ford Lover from Phoenix, AZ | April 10, 2012

The Focus is a good car its great on gas and easy to repair. I love that it has 15 tires brcause it rides smooth on the freeway like you are driving a big car.

I love it.

by Ektarama from Portland, OR | January 8, 2012

It's the first new car I've owned and I'll keep mine as long as I can. 89k miles and zero problems. Not even a light bulb. Just put front brakes on it, change the synthetic oil once a year. The 5 speed model is the one to get. The automatic is a total dog. I understand cars and don't beat up my equipment. My only complaint is too much road noise and seats could be more comfortable.

Nice

by Elaine from Los Angeles, CA | May 6, 2011

I really like my Ford Focus. It looks good and handles well. However, I have had to purchase another transmission, which was truly disappointing.

svt focus

by focustech from Dallas, Texas | April 27, 2011

This is my second svt focus and my 5th focus overall, I have enjoyed all but one of them(2006). The most recent one is an 04 svt 3 door. It has the winter package with heated seats, they need a low setting (they get too hot). The ac blows ice cold but it can be a little loud on the high speed fan setting. The engine has alot of power and shifting through the 6 speed transmission is fun and sporty. It has alot of style and is a great variation of the focus, worth the extra coin if your already looking at a focus. almost forgot I am not a small sized person and would recomend the 3 door if you are a little on the king(or queen) size.

Pleasantly satisfied

by ortrucker40 from Keizer, OR | December 7, 2010

I bought this Focus in May 2010. It's a ZTS (4-dr sedan), 5 speed manual, 2.3 liter engine, fully loaded. You wouldn't know it by it's looks, but it's quick. Handling is second to none. The cloth seats are soft and very comfortable. The manual shifter feels smooth. This Focus has tilt and telescopic steering. The car sits higher than most other compacts, making it easier to get in and out. Most buttons and switches are large and easy to find. I do have some minor complaints. The seat doesn't go back far enough for tall guys. The center console gets in the way of the shift lever. The trunk lid is high up, making it hard to see while backing. The battery sits near the center of the engine compartment, crowding out major engine components. Overall, the '04 Focus is a sweet ride and fun to drive.

NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY

by DISAPPOINTED CONSUMER from Arlington, TX | September 13, 2010

I have a 04 ford focus, replaced break pads 8 times since i bought it, replaced rotors 3 times, replaced battery 3 times, and now my car wont start. Put new starter on it a week ago and its been sitting in driveway since! Cant justify a new motor or newer motor since the car is not worth it! Also the breaks are horrible. I would not reccomend this car if unless you want to drop money into it and all the time! It was a good car at first but when you hit 50K miles it starts to make noises, alternator went out, iginition started to lock up which is $500.00 if you repair it at the dealership, just jiggle yoru key and turn the wheel and it will eventually unlock. Needle on odometer jumps when you put into gear. The car is not worth the time or effort and you are not getting your moneys worth!

worse car ever-beats my 83 cavalier unreliability

by 1sttime ford owner and last from Tampa Fl | April 30, 2010

unreliable and not worth the money... barely avg 22/23 city and under 30 hwy. ignition lock, alternator, transmission fluid, and thermostat housing all needed to be replaced under 57k miles... the valve cover will be soon added...total cost near or over $2000. The car is also underpowered considering the mileage it gets. I thought my 83 cavalier was my worst car ever... and yet Ford managed to beat it hands down... and the dealers know these problems exist and are nonchalant about it. They keep plenty of these parts in stock due to the often repairs.