2007 Ford Focus

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great car for the money

by band mom from Henrietta, NY | October 28, 2013

I bought this car new in September 2006. The only things I had to replace are what you would expect after having a car for over 7 years, like brakes and tires. I just changed my battery and alternator, and that's all. I have no problem with the design and I love having a convenient cup holder in the door which fits a water bottle perfectly. It is very comfortable for me, and I have had several back surgeries. I still get around 30 MPG, and 33-34 MPG on highway trips. Even the back seat is comfortable for my teenager. I love everything about it. I would, and have, given my highest recommendation for this car. I also love the color selection. I own the aqua blue color, and can always find my car in any parking lot! Love this car, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, although i am hoping this one will last me a lot more years.

Good car for the money.

by Steady Eddie from Michigan | June 27, 2013

Offers a good ride, enough room for 4 people, and is fuel efficient. Changing oil and transmission fluids are easy enough with this car, too.

Great First Car

by Becca from Montgomery, alabama | April 14, 2013

I love this Car I'm a Teen an I'm looking for my first car. I think this is a good first car ::) a very good car.

so far-so good

by focus luvr from Lakeland, FL | December 22, 2012

I have only had my 2007 Focus about a month now. I purchased it from a VW dealer and got a very good price. It had 52,000 miles on it and still looks and runs like new! Only things I do not like are the drink holders being so low and next to your legs. I have to use the passengers drink holder because I have to move my leg to get to mine. There is only one power outlet. I have to keep my GPS plugged in and also my cell phone! Also, I am concerned about my gas milage. Only 20-21 mpg around town! I do not drive crazy, so I should be getting about 24-27mpg like the ads say and from what everyone else is saying in other reveiws. Maybe have it checked out this week.

great buy

by nelson from vermont | July 5, 2012

I got this car back in oct 2011 and still driving it today! ive had it for 8 months now and i feel i should write a review. first things first it runs great and even better gas mileage! i average 34.5mpg where i am(lot of country driving) and thats fantastic. the power is very good for a four cylinder and it has no problems accelerating but i love the handling! The interior is simple but it looks great. I have no problems with the seats however (that seams to be an issue here) I have the 5 speed manual and the shifts are smooth but during the winter it can be a pain partially because the cars so light but when ever i shift my wheels spin and its hard to maintain control lol. the only real problem with this car is there is the cupholders it comes with are not very good sizes, the ones below the center console are to big for anything really.

Good value for a small car

by Recent buyer from Greater Milwaukee area | May 14, 2012

I was recently in the market to purchase a small car for my daughter. My 1st choice was a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla, but the inventory was limited in recent model years or the asking price was way too much for a 7-10 year old model. I came across a 2007 Focus SES and ended up buying it from a one-owner for a very reasonable price. It is a nice sporty car with all the options inside. So far, it runs and drives well. My only complaint is the road noise, though it could be due to the wear on existing tires. The interior is basic, nothing flashy, but fine for my daughter. It is too soon to really judge reliability. Overall, I thought it was a great value. I ended up with a much newer car than Honda or Toyota at a much lower price. Some will say, "You get what you pay for." Time will tell.

Bulletproof

by Diesel Mechanic from Houston, Texas | May 3, 2012

This car was a gift from a relative. I have ragged on this car as hard as I can, gone way too far between oil changes, and even had the car on a racetrack, and the CAR WON'T DIE! It does a very good job of hauling my 3 piece toolbox around, and it still got good gas mileage.

Has gotten me around

by Average driver from Minneapolis, MN | April 12, 2012

I purchased the 07 focus se in January 08 and have had it 4 years. Put on 70,000 miles. It got me around but once I got the 60,000 mile tune everything started to go. Brakes have been squeaky all 4 years even though the pads aren't worn down. Whether it Was raining or not. You can very easily hear the road noise in town and hwy.. I drove my boyfriends Nissan and what a world of difference in noise control!. Had to replace the bearings, tires because they separated. Bumpy ride as if no shocks. Electric window stopped working. Cd player stopped working while under warranty. Overall gas milage was good low 30. And it got me around. I feel at 79,000 miles I need to get rid of it before it really falls apart. I am 5'7" 115 lbs. and it is not that comfortable. Use to drive 3hrs one way for work and I would have to put a pillow behind me. My boyfriend had two herniated discs and we could never use this car because it hurt his back. Dependable but be prepared to put in a little money to keep it going. And it doesn't have a lot of get up and go. Doors feel kind of light and dingy as if it will crumple in accident. Door handles are hard to open. Hope this helps.

Jury still out

by Pleased from Missouri | February 1, 2012

I would have to say that my car is satisfactory. I had hoped for better mileage, but the terrain is hilly to and from work. It handles well and has plenty of get-up-and-go.

Wear a kidney belt

by Wear a crash helemt from Leander, TX | August 27, 2011

I have had 2 previous model Ford Focus cars, and they performed very well. These were SE versions. I made the mistake of unwittenly buying a used 2007 SES version and regret it. I should preface my review that if you are a teenager this might not be a problem to you. I am retired and like a 'little' comfort. My complaint, and my wifes's complaint is that the suspension on the SES version, is almost non-exstant. The smallest indendation in the road is converted to a major bump inside the cabin and is intolerable. I do mean intolerable. DONT BUY THE SES version!!!!!!