2009 Ford Focus

24 city / 35 hwy

Overall

Nice car, friendly owner

by D from LA | January 5, 2014

Dan was very helpful. He took his own time to come to meet me. The car is comfortable, good performance. The overall test run is satisfactory. Thank you Dan!

Want a better car

by Hate my Focus from Fort Worth | December 18, 2011

Terrible electrical and sensor issues, especially in cold weather When I take it in, the dealership wants to tell me they can't find anything wrong and to come get it; this has happened multiple times. Good gas mileage

I love it

by Ford Friend from Clayton, WI | November 7, 2011

Cute, reliable and efficient. I would definitely recommend. This is the car everyone wants to take on our excursions.

Outstanding value, only one problem.

by a_virtual_me from Detroit | October 3, 2011

Purchased a lease turn in with 35k and am now at 60 with absolutely nothing but routine maintenance. I love the car and the mileage is routinely better than the EPA rating. If I drive a steady 65 Ride, my car gets 40 mpg with the air on! The ride, handling, interior design, trunk space...all superb. I've not been a Ford fan in the past but this car has made me a believer. The only thing I really detest? The seating fabric. I know it's a small gripe, but no way should every drop of moisture that ever hits the seats, be leaving lasting marks. Head rest positioning is a bit intrusive for my taste, but not horrible if you put the seat back down a bit. It's just far more work than it should be to keep the seats looking great. Bottom line? A sporty looking car thats an outstanding buy for the dollar.

A disappointment

by Back to Hondas from Columbus, Ohio | August 7, 2011

After only two years the transmission went out. In addition, the car has always felt heavy, like it takes more pressure on the brake to stop. The gas mileage has been good, even better than the EPA estimate. My favorite station on the radio comes in with static, which never happened with the radio in my Honda Civic.

I love this car

by Adam from Syracuse, ny | May 13, 2011

I like my 2009 Ford Focus. It actually gets 35-40 mpg and in the city the car avg about 24 to 28 mpg. At one point on the highway the car avg 40 mpg. This car is excellent on gas costing $39 to fill the car with gas being at $3.99 per gallon. I figure on an empty tank to pay $40 to $45 to fill the tank. This car is a good car to get around in and take on vacation. I drove 5 1/2 hrs home and when I got home I still had a quarter tank of gas and drove 348 miles

Great Small Car

by Rascal from Saint Augustine, FL | April 11, 2011

This is the first small car I have ever owned. Former cars included Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, and still have a Lincoln Town Car. But, this is an absolutely wonderful car. Great looks, performance, and fuel economy. Fun to drive, with precise handling. Tight and rattle-free. I prefer to drive it and can't imagine anyone being disappointed with a Ford Focus SES.

Best Car I have EVER had!!!!!

by lilwildcat from Portsmouth, OH | December 31, 2010

Great car for anyone. Great on gas. It also is very high-tech. Easy to understand and great performance.

great car!

by ukfan10 from Ohio | December 12, 2010

This is the best car I have ever had! Although, it is only the second car iv had. It is the best overall car that I have driven. I love that this car has Microsoft Syn. I didn't think I would care to much for it, but it beats using a Bluetooth headset. I also love that I can click one button and tell it to play a song from my USB drive. I also love the poswer button for the AC and heat. It allows you to turn off the AC or heat right off without changing your contols. Its great! Another great feature is for me is that the buttons is so easy to figure out. Such as changing the time. That was real simple. Some of the things such as adding a new phone or device to the cars memory may be tricky for some, but its understandable. This car overall is great. It tells you how many miles untill your empty. Also you can change the lighting of the floor and cup holders. Its really neat. Most of these features are not in the striped down models, so make sure if these are what you want that it has it. One big thing I was wanting in a car is cruse control. A striped down model didn't have it so watch out. The 2009 Ford Focus is great and depenable. I would tell anyone that should buy one!

disappointed

by just a commuter from IL | December 8, 2010

I bought the 2009 Focus (SEL) after having a Jetta TDI for 6 years. The Focus has great features and handles well, but I've had more problems with it than I'm comfortable with. I bought it used- it had 18,000 miles on it- and the dealer has already had to replace a wheel bearing. It also has a nasty squeak in the undercarriage- that the dealer has yet to identify. I also just found out that the Focus is apparently hard on tires. Just had to replace all four tires (they only have 23,000 miles on them) because of cupping. The service manager told me it was a common problem with the Focus and I should only expect to get about 30,000 miles before I have to replace them again. I put a lot of miles on my commute, so I'm going to have to rethink the Focus.

Featured Services for this Ford Focus