2009 Ford Focus

24 city / 35 hwy

Overall

Very Reliable

by Jessica from Arizona | August 31, 2015

I bought this car used in 2012 with 64,000 miles on it. I have had it three years and never had any major problems with it (knock on wood). It was my driver back and forth to Tucson (500 mi every other weekend) for the last 3 years and other than tires, a crack in one of the valves and a couple of batteries (normal for this area), it's been a great little car. I'd say that I did well considering this was the first car that I purchased on my own. I'd definitely trade in this focus and get another focus!

Most expesive car to own!

by Car care guy from St. Paul,MN | February 16, 2015

Where to I start with our new 2009 Ford Focus SES. First two years was perfect. At 44k the suspension system had faults, Suspension Repairs $1200.00 not covered warranty Bent rims Replacements $1000.00 Transmission failed at 63k $3200.00 not covered warranty Now the coolant is leaking into the engine repairs $1600.00. jammed key while starting $875.00 Total cost of repairs over six years $7875.00 We now own a brand new 2015 Toyota Camry. Ford cars are nice looking but that is where it stops. Ford Motors is a product that will never sit in our driveway Again. I Now only will purchase Toyota or Hondas! Ford is too expensive to own.

Nice car, friendly owner

by D from LA | January 5, 2014

Dan was very helpful. He took his own time to come to meet me. The car is comfortable, good performance. The overall test run is satisfactory. Thank you Dan!

Want a better car

by Hate my Focus from Fort Worth | December 18, 2011

Terrible electrical and sensor issues, especially in cold weather When I take it in, the dealership wants to tell me they can't find anything wrong and to come get it; this has happened multiple times. Good gas mileage

I love it

by Ford Friend from Clayton, WI | November 7, 2011

Cute, reliable and efficient. I would definitely recommend. This is the car everyone wants to take on our excursions.

Outstanding value, only one problem.

by a_virtual_me from Detroit | October 3, 2011

Purchased a lease turn in with 35k and am now at 60 with absolutely nothing but routine maintenance. I love the car and the mileage is routinely better than the EPA rating. If I drive a steady 65 Ride, my car gets 40 mpg with the air on! The ride, handling, interior design, trunk space...all superb. I've not been a Ford fan in the past but this car has made me a believer. The only thing I really detest? The seating fabric. I know it's a small gripe, but no way should every drop of moisture that ever hits the seats, be leaving lasting marks. Head rest positioning is a bit intrusive for my taste, but not horrible if you put the seat back down a bit. It's just far more work than it should be to keep the seats looking great. Bottom line? A sporty looking car thats an outstanding buy for the dollar.

A disappointment

by Back to Hondas from Columbus, Ohio | August 7, 2011

After only two years the transmission went out. In addition, the car has always felt heavy, like it takes more pressure on the brake to stop. The gas mileage has been good, even better than the EPA estimate. My favorite station on the radio comes in with static, which never happened with the radio in my Honda Civic.

I love this car

by Adam from Syracuse, ny | May 13, 2011

I like my 2009 Ford Focus. It actually gets 35-40 mpg and in the city the car avg about 24 to 28 mpg. At one point on the highway the car avg 40 mpg. This car is excellent on gas costing $39 to fill the car with gas being at $3.99 per gallon. I figure on an empty tank to pay $40 to $45 to fill the tank. This car is a good car to get around in and take on vacation. I drove 5 1/2 hrs home and when I got home I still had a quarter tank of gas and drove 348 miles

Great Small Car

by Rascal from Saint Augustine, FL | April 11, 2011

This is the first small car I have ever owned. Former cars included Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, and still have a Lincoln Town Car. But, this is an absolutely wonderful car. Great looks, performance, and fuel economy. Fun to drive, with precise handling. Tight and rattle-free. I prefer to drive it and can't imagine anyone being disappointed with a Ford Focus SES.

Best Car I have EVER had!!!!!

by lilwildcat from Portsmouth, OH | December 31, 2010

Great car for anyone. Great on gas. It also is very high-tech. Easy to understand and great performance.