2010 Ford Focus

24 city / 35 hwy

Overall

Great MPG yet quick

by HAMMY from Richmond CA | December 31, 2013

This is a fantastic car for gas mileage and features like Sync, which allows you to push a button and ask the car to call someone or play a song on your I-pod. It's very comfortable with good seats in the front. The back is good for kids but if you have adults back there you will have to move the front seats up a bit.

love everything about this car

by stylish woman from sioux falls sd | December 23, 2013

Just want something heavier for road trips .. the engineering on this car is brilliant. I get compliments on it all the time especially the pretty soft green color.. fresh and feminine.

Pretty decent

by jBug from Kansas City Ks | November 2, 2013

I bought my car a month ago and I like it a lot. I like the fact that it's affordable and a very nice looking car. However, this is a simple car. If your wanting something fancy this isn't it. That's why I like it.

Good car, reasonable price

by Laclasse from Washington, DC | October 14, 2013

Bought it for a friend who lives abroad. Although mileage is a bit high for a 3-year old car (79 K), it drives pretty wel. Car also looks very stylish.

Extremely impressed; A remarkable purchase

by Car Lover from Miami, FL | January 28, 2013

I totaled my 2003 Ford F-250 that my dad gave to me. I was in dire need of a vehicle, so my dad and I found my 2010 Ford Focus SEL for sale. I laughed at first when he recommended it to me. I was like "honestly? a focus?" He continued to tell me how solid they are mechanically, giving that he is a mechanic and has worked on a few of them. So i decided to give it a look. It is the electric blue with the beige/brown leather interior. I immediately fell in love with the color and the interior. When I took it out on the road, I was incredibly impressed with the way the car drove. it was so smooth, refined, and solid. It felt somewhat similar to a German car. It was responsive, and the steering had the weighted feeling that I am used to finding in VW's and BMW's. the body also felt quite strong as well. I went on a trip to Tampa and came back to the car sitting in my driveway. We bought it with 39K miles on it and now i have 48K. I've encountered weird problems, mainly suspension/steering related. i.e. right axle went bad, along with the rack and pinion bushings and the strut/strut tower. but that was a quick fix. Overall, the car is an extremely good value. It is highly comparable to the Civic and Corolla (this is coming from a person whose family all owns Hondas and swears by them.) In some ways it surpasses them. Gas mileage strictly driving in the city for me is around 23-24 (I live in constant stop-and-go Miami) but it promises me 30-32+ on the highway when I take it out on trips, All in all, if you're considering a nice solid little car to get around in, this one is worth a big look. you can buy em cheap used, and I guarantee you will fall in love with it the more you drive, look, and get in it. I have grown into mine :)

Made a fan out of me

by ridgerider from North Carolina | January 19, 2013

I wasn't originally considering a Focus. My daughter drives an '05, and it's buzzy, loud and not all that great on gas. I rented various Foci of the next generation, though, and they won me over. I purchased a '10 in January 2010, and 33,000 miles later, I'm a fan. The '08-'11's are quieter at idle and speed, ride more smoothly and, in my experience at least, get better gas mileage than the sticker. The car is adequately powered. The automatic transmission has just four speeds, but it finds the right gear easily and returns great gas mileage. It's easy to park. The rear seats are easy to fold down. I use this feature a lot to haul my bike around. The stock Hankook tires were awful, but things are harmonious since replacing them with some Michelin Harmonys. Reliability has been excellent. Just one issue in three years...a small squeak in the rear suspension fixed under warranty. Sync has its hiccups...it's a Microsoft product, after all, but like Windows, a shut down and reboot usually fixes things.

2010 Ford Flex

by Love my Ford Flex from Corona, CA | September 1, 2012

I got the Limited Flex and has all the bells and whistles. It has so much room and very comfortable. I love driving it!

2010 Ford Focus SE 4spd auto

by Chief Wahoo from Oregon | April 16, 2012

Bought car new with 6 miles on odometer. Car is just shy of 70,000 miles after today's work commute. Car has been reliable and averages 30-33 hand/calculator figured mpg. Average on vehicle display is always optimistically higher. My driving is 99% highway commute. Cold weather; headwinds and increased speed contribute to the 30 mpg avg. No significant problems to date.(knock on wood) Oil/filter changes every 4000 mi. Transmission fluid/filter at 60,000 mi. I like the "Sync" for hands free talking and satellite radio option. Car rides smooth and pretty quite as far as road noise goes.

Very Nice

by Muscle Car Chick from FT.Lauderdale, FL | March 21, 2012

FORD FOCUS SES: Good on MPG, averaging approx 26.5 (based on on-board comp.calculation), has a little perky side when you touch the gas pedal - but could use a bit more forward speed when accelerating from a standstill. Could use better braking system too as I do need to put my foot down pretty hard to get it to come to a complete stop or it will continue at a slow pace (braking system says OK, and so does the diagnostics at dealership, possibly new brake pads needed?). Engine performance is pretty decent for a 140 HP. Easy to turn, holds it place (doesn't swing on quick turns) and a just nice overall small sport-type car. Has typical Ford shaking which I expected (nothing wrong with engine/rpm). Interior is O.K - could use better material than the plastic on the dashboard, door lining and also the painting on the steering wheel buttons should have been made from black plastic and not painted over because the paint on my wheel is chipping away slowly. Otherwise, I love the color option ambient lighting and interior light blue lights. The headlight dimmer on my rear-view mirror is wonderful - blocks out bright headlights from cars behind me and makes driving easier. Stereo system is excellent, MFS (my ford sync) is fun to play with and I can call anyone from a touch of a button without using my phone, Sirius satellite is also nice, and I also can keep up to date on the latest news and traffic alerts in an instant! Overall I am a happy FORD owner and I will definitely be buying another one soon!

Love My Ford

by Black Velvet from Glen Spey NY | February 3, 2012

I love my little car. Nice leather seats, great mileage. Handles well. I only have one thing I did not like about this car. The Tires Are Terrible. Once I put new tires on my car, the car handled much better. I really feel that for a new car I should not have to purchase 800 dollars in new tires. The first year, it was terrible in the snow because of the tires. This year it is great. The trunk it roomy and has split seats. I have a moon roof and all the extra's. LOVE IT. I would recommend this car to anyone. Not made for a family. It is roomy but I don't know if you would want kids in the back. The car is very comfortable. I take long trips to SC and I do not have any trouble with my back. (sitting for a long period of time)