2012 Ford Focus

Available in 7 styles:  2012 Ford Focus 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Focus is Class Leading Car

by BillfromWaltham from Massachusetts | March 2, 2015

Have used Ford Focus SE, Toyota Corolla SE, and Mazda 3 in a commercial application that puts tremendous abuse and very high milage on the cars. The Focus has better build quality and far better more communicative drive experience compared with the Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3. It has a quiet high quality cabin without squeaks and noises. Not at all like the noises that appear in the Corolla with small plastic parts suddenly appearing on the floor. Have had to replace the steering racks of two Corolla's at 90K with repairs running over $3,500 a piece. Don't listen to people praising the modern Toyota its reputation is based on older models. The Mazda is noticeably lower build quality inside and out, after use it just feels cheap. Cheap unattractive plastic inside and just closing a door is very easy to feel its inferior build quality. The Focus is much better built than the Mazda, The exterior takes abuse better than both of the other cars. The Ford Focus is so much better I purchased one for my personal use. I highly recommend the Focus, like Fusions they hold their value well and command a premium in the used car market but definetly worth the extra money.

2012 focus se Manual

by Trooper from Seattle | February 15, 2015

I've owned this car for 3 years. I don't have one complaint. I've heard of the automatics having some problem, but my manual works great. Fun to drive. Sporty good looks. I have the hatchback sport package. love everything about this car. Have driven it in snow and it's a champ when driving in it. Don't plan on selling it anytime soon......

My 2002 focus is way better than my 2012 Focus

by disappointed buyer from Ohio | November 2, 2014

Very disappointed in the 2012 Ford Focus. I do not like the powertrain at all. I find the seats comparable to sitting on a wooden bench. I also have a 2002 Focus and LOVE it! They really messed up when Ford changed the design of this car.

horrible car.,horrible dealership people

by rinz…lloyd sk. from lloydminster saskatchewan,canada | October 23, 2014

i got my focus 2 yrs. ago. after a year a noticed a shaking, window not working in -10 degrees. but the more worst part is..the dealership people will tell me its normal… DONT BUY FORD FOCUS,,, people handling on warranty service …i don't know the word to describe them.

I love my Focus with a manual transmission

by Love 2 Drive from New Jersey | September 29, 2014

I have a 2012 SE hatchback manual w/ sport package that I bought new. It is a blast to drive. It felt more solid and stable that the Mazda 3 or Golf. The traction control is amazing in snow. I drive it every day and have averaged 33MPG overall. It has cool features such as disabling the radio when it senses that the battery is being depleted if the car is not running, and it automatically turns on the rear wiper when you have the front wipers on and put the car in reverse. Not a bit of trouble with it!

Good car for the Money

by Ford from Somers New York | August 30, 2014

Purchased car for daughter attending college. Roomy and comfortable. Little quirky with transmission, but is needs to adjust to her drin=ving habits. Would recommend.

Great car for young lady

by Dad from Frisco, TX | August 21, 2014

Our daughter bought this car for work/college and needs reliable and fuel efficient transportation. This car even looks good to her! And the cloth seats are very nice - not a big step back from leather. Had a mechanic check everything out (car had about 40K miles) and everything is great. Microsoft Sync is really cool and sound system is great. Overall a superior electronics package. I would buy a Ford again. I've owned an Expedition for 14 yrs and the Focus and Fusion are also great cars.

Don't buy this car

by Mark from Guam | August 19, 2014

I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan for my son. It was great for the first year. Now we are having problems with the transmission. The car hesitates and sputters during acceleration. I have taken the vehicle numerous times to the dealership for the same problem. The service department wants to keep the car all day. I asked if I can have a loaner to use. They said I can rent a car for $35 a day while they try and fix my car. I told the service rep. that it's a recall problem not my fault. He said they don't have loaners....don't buy Ford.

Disappointment vs other cars

by Realistic Roadster from Las Vegas, NM | August 16, 2014

My 2012 Ford Focus SE was a car I totally fell in Love with. But as soon as 2 to 3 weeks into my new car I immediately noticed transmission problems. I called the dealership about it, they said I probably got bad gas, so add some gas treatment. Wrong? Almost 2 yrs. later, though I took my car in for all oil changes and so on, continuously told them about my concern. Well it finally crooked on me about 4 months ago and 1700.00 out of my pocket to fix the clutch. I didn't agree w/ myself having to pay for it, but they really didn't care. What a battle! Because I had over 50,000 miles already and had by passed the warranty coverage. Yet where I had to take my car in to get repaired told me that they do 4 to 5 cars per month just like mine. I would not buy Ford again based on my experience with the dealership and this vehicle. It is starting to only get worse and have more issues in less than 2 years. I am on this website because I need to find a more reliable vehicle.

Fun-to-drive, efficient, quirky

by Francobry from Kansas City, MO | July 14, 2014

Heeding the warnings of the press, I avoided the dual-clutch automatic when purchasing my Focus Titanium two years ago. In that time, I've accumulated 28k mostly trouble-free miles, averaged 31 MPG and grown accustomed to the many quirks of this vehicle. MyFordTouch was a huge disappointment immediately after purchase. Fortunately, Ford remedied the litany of consumer complaints in a impressively swift manner. It seems that the system operates without fault today. Even though I chose the manual transmission, I still have issues with shuddering when releasing the clutch and engaging the engine from a stop. This makes me believe that the lack of smoothness in automatics is likely exacerbated by poor engine mount tuning. Nonetheless, the manual is very well done and super easy to drive. I do wish the car were quieter. I often have trouble using the Bluetooth phone connection when making calls and the wind noise can grow tiresome on long trips. Speaking of trips, gas mileage varies wildly based on weather (wind and rain cause significant drops) and occupant load. I've had highway trips return as high as 41 MPG in perfect conditions or as low as 27 in adverse scenarios; I wish the car were more consistent. Other annoyances including a rattly and buzzy interior, loud cabin fan, poor rear seat space, a complete lack of cabin storage and noisy front suspension. If you can look past these shortcomings, the car does return a great deal of driving fun with confident road manners and mostly peppy acceleration. It also has surprisingly comfortable seats. In the end, I'm pleased with the balance of value, comfort and driving fun. The other annoyances are easily tuned out by the Sony sound system.