2013 Ford Focus

Starting MSRP

Overall

Worse Car I've Ever Owned

by Helen Bee from Windsor, Ontario, Canada | September 13, 2014

This would be a great car if Ford would own up to the transmission problems and actually fix it. I've had it in several times and was told there's nothing wrong with it. A new car shouldn't shudder and shake, or bog and then jump forward when it finally decides to shift. I have driven Ford vehicles for 30 years but this will be my last. Very disappointed.

Ford Focus

by Last time ford owner from Little Rock, AR | September 5, 2014

Don't buy this car it's the 2013 version of the Ford Edsel If you buy this car, you will end up taking your car in multiple times due to excessive transmission clutch shudders. This vehicle is a DEATH TRAP and Ford will have no problem taking your payments and tell you there is nothing wrong with you car!

Don't Buy This Car

by Sarah Lee from La Quinta, Ca | September 2, 2014

I've had so many problems with this car. I have two separate issues with the AC. First, instead of the AC turning in, the defroster will turn on no matter what setting I have the knob on. Secondly, the AC will blow HOT air when I turn it on. I've waited over 10 minutes for it to cool down, and it doesn't. I have taken it in twice for these problems and they "cannot be replicated." My driver and driver side back door have both opened while I was driving. The have been fixed, but with the same faulty latches that the car came with. Lastly, the transmission. The say I bought it, I noticed the hard shifting, but I figured the tranny needed to be broken in. I've taken it in several times for the transmission shutter. While driving uphill, the car will sometimes roll backward. Also, the paint on my car isn't smooth, it looks uneven. The USB port and auxiliary port don't always work. The auxiliary port is super quiet. This is the third Focus I've had (2002, 2008) and I've never had an issue before this model year. I never thought I would hate my car as much as I do.

Biggest mistake I ever did!!!!!

by Coco from Quebec | August 30, 2014

Got the ford focus on August 20th 2013 has little over 9000km on it and like most started hearing grinding sounds from the transmission I had terrible service from the dealer even wrote ford canada.3 weeks later still no response what a terrible company don't care about their clients that was the last straw just traded it in for a subaru took a big hit with the buyout never again an American car I own 2004 legacy never a problem I blame myself lesson learned the hard way I just what to warn everybody out there STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR!!! AND STAY AWAY FROM FORD!!!

Overall poorly built.

by Disappointed 2012 Focus SE owner from New Jersey | August 29, 2014

I've had rear taillight reseated because it kept popping out. Had both tailights at the trunk lid replaced because water would leak in. Foam under rear glass disintegrated and had to be replaced. Leak from outside trim or moonroof, headliner and carpeting had to be replaced. Transmission clutches and seals replaced TWICE. Some other issues. Car is just the worst car I have ever purchased.

Transmission Disaster

by Without A Car... from Los Angeles, CA | August 28, 2014

I have taken my 2013 Ford Focus in 3 times for the transmission, the third time as a result of my car DYING on the 405 freeway during rush hour in Los Angeles. It went from grinding and bucking, which Ford told me was normal for my car's style of transmission, to completely stalling- leaving me on the side of the road waiting for a tow. To date the car has been at Ford for service over 3 weeks- with the parts on back order; a sign that this problem isn't an isolated incident.

Ford Focus Clutch "Chatter"

by Frustrated from Birdsboro Pa | August 27, 2014

We own a 2013 Ford Focus in Boyertown Pa. and within 2 months we noticed a "stuttering"problem when we accelerated. Took it in twice only to be told that they could not find anything but they made recalibrated the computer. On August 14, 2014 we received a letter letting us know that our vehicle may possibly for the PowerShift 6-speed automatic transmission to exhibit excessive transmission clutch shudder during light acceleration. We made an appointment, which they had no record of when we arrived, and proceeded to tell my husband that it was not a recall and it may only take 15 minutes for a tech to test drive it so we would not require a rental. At that point my husband explained that the "test drive" was performed twice in the past and they found nothing. Today Ford removed the transmission, replaced the clutch and seals. They noted that after re-installing the transmission, "Performed adaptive learning and monitored slippage again after road testing the vehicle. Slippage is under Ford specifications, transmission tested OK at this time." When we purchased the Focus, no one told us that we would experience "Slippage", but it was under Ford Specifications. This entire experience is frustrating and we are very disillusioned. Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about buying this vehicle.

Lousy Transmission

by Twowheelsteve from Red Lion, Pa | August 25, 2014

I bought a 2012 Focus SEL twenty two months ago. I loved the style and the handling of the car. After I got 13,000 miles on the car I start having Transmission problems. It grinds and shitters between 1st and 2nd gears, its embarrassing to have someone in the car. I can't believe Ford doesn't have a recall on this transmission. Beside this the MyFordTouch has never worked right and the paint on the wheels is fading already. Ford may not have a recall, but I will never buy another Ford again. This thing sounds like a piece of junk. I'm going to trade it in on a Toyota, which I had before the Focus and never had a problem. I tried a Ford the they blew it. No wonder people buy foreign cars.

This car is small, drivetrain not made in America

by BIGMANJB from California | August 13, 2014

Transmission failed 33k miles. Drivetrain not made in America. Small interior made for shortys controls awkward and lacking feel. material used on basic seats stains just by looking at it. Overall a horrible design and functions bad would not recomend not even for a fleet car. Obviously a thrown together car for sales only, probably some furd exec made a corp decision to make this rehab of the horrible car. That guy needs to be fired!

Stay Away From This Car!

by Miss Caroline from Texas | July 27, 2014

I have owned my Focus Titanium Hatchback for 1 1/2 years now, having bought it new. It now has just over 17,000 miles on it, and just like the other reviewers, I have major transmission issues. The car jerks, lurches, and shudders at low speeds when it is shifting. It sounds like someone has put pennies in a garbage disposal. First, Ford has tried to tell me that the car needed breaking in, then that it was " normal" for the car to respond the way it does. The third time back to the dealership I was told there was a technical service bulletin out on it, and a "fix" was performed. I was also told this time that it was normal for it to "cycle" between gears at low speeds "as when driving through a parking lot." Well, guess what? The problems continue and I now have another appointment to take it back in. As long as it is under warranty Ford is responsible for the fixes, but what about when the warranty expires? You got it, it's all on my dime, then. I'm getting rid of it and buying a Honda this month!