2013 Ford Focus

Available in 5 styles:  2013 Ford Focus 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Fix the recalled transmission

by PatsBard from FL | August 6, 2015

This car is excellent all around. I've seen complaints about the stuttering and stalling, but if you take it to your nearest Ford dealer they will fix it for free! There was a recall on these vehicles. Great ride, great gas mileage, great looks - don't let the transmission issues cause a hasty decision when the solution for it is free!

Engine troubles

by Katie from Canada | June 15, 2015

Bought this care brand new. had it 2 hrs and it broke down. the parking assist and the battery was cracked the day i picked it up. the engine shutters and grinds, and feels like its going to stall. i love this car for it's sleek and great look. But after so many problems within 2 years, i will never get a ford again and won't recommend others purchase a ford either, after they way their treat their customers.

Good car except horrible transmission

by helenbee from Canada | April 25, 2015

I owned this car for 2.5 years. Loved everything about it except for the transmission. The dealer said it's normal but there's nothing normal about bogging, shaking, stuttering and stalling. I have been driving only Ford products for about 25 years but finally traded this car in for a Honda Civic due to sheer frustration over this transmission. I don't think I will ever buy a Ford again. I don't trust them anymore.

Still loving this car.

by Johnnyfromlongisland from up state ny | March 22, 2015

This is a follow up reveiw for my 2013 Ford Focus. After two years and 3 months with 27000 miles this car is still getting great gas milage and is trouble free. As I said in the first reveiw we had a jumpy transmission at first. After a couple of long trips this stoped. The transmission works flawlessly and I could not be happier with this car. We moved from Long Island to the Adirondacks, driving in the mountains is more challeging than the Island and harder on the transmission. But the Focus performs flawlessly. Handing is steller and the car feels like a much more expensive car would. I recomend this car and would buy again.

2013 Ford Focus 2lt Diesel

by john from New Zealand | March 16, 2015

Have a diesel 2013 Focus which has done approx. 55,000 KM. basically used as a commuter and driven fairly hard ( driven like I stole it) - have not had the transmission problems as detailed by other subscribers on this site. Originally purchased it because it was a better drive than the Corrolla alternative and would buy another for the same reason. Mileage is 5.8 litres per 100Km. .

runs good

by tatortot92 from | December 30, 2014

great riding car for the money. have not had any issues with it yet 62k miles, I've heard of people having problems with the auto trans. i have a 5 speed manual and had not had any issues with changing gears.

2013 Ford Focus

by Focus lover! from Corunna, MI | November 7, 2014

I love my Ford Focus, before the 2013 I have now I had a 2004 Hatchback and I loved it. Great Gas mileage and smooth ride. I upgraded to a 4 door car since a 2 door is no longer convenient. I love my new car and has lots of room and comfortable for all passengers. Highly would recommend the Ford Focus if you are looking for a smooth ride and a definite gas saver!

Great Care, except for transmission

by VA_Chris from Rockville, MA | November 4, 2014

I have had my 2013 focus for 1 1/2 years so far, and the transmission is horrible! It skips, shutters, and makes lots of noise when shifting in lower gears! Gas mileage, comfort, and everything else seems good, but its not a joy to drive when driving in the city. Lots of jolts, and embarrassment due to noise.

Purchase a Ford Focus 2013-Never again

by Joriann from Portland, Oregon | October 27, 2014

This is the first domestic car I have owned! This was the worse mistake of my life. The car is styled well with all the bells and whistles but drives like a "dump truck" The dual shift transmission is a "nightmare". The car is in the shop for the second time because it rolls backwards, lurches and grinds. It sounds like the transmission is going to fall out! It has 9,000 miles on the car. Ford tells me this is perfectly normal (I doubt it) I have owned enough cars to know that your car should not perform or sound this way. A co worker said I should pull over and call a tow truck when riding in my car, it sounded and performed so badly, it was lurching and grinding so bad we couldn't if hear the radio! I don't think this car is safe. I will get rid of it ASAP if Ford does not resolve the problem!

if you do but one get a manual transmission

by Jojo from Fremont, Ca. | September 30, 2014

Plus: Power is adequate for its class and has very good handling. The interior has decent materials. The basi Sync system works good but the My Ford Touch has problems in my wifes CMAX. Cons: Stranded me on the highway. Car ran out of gas but a module in the car gave a false fuel reading. Like other the auto trans is having shudder problems its in the shop right now. Cannot recommend the Automatic but the manual transmission should be fine.