2013 Ford Focus

Starting MSRP

Overall

2013 Ford Focus

by Focus lover! from Corunna, MI | November 7, 2014

I love my Ford Focus, before the 2013 I have now I had a 2004 Hatchback and I loved it. Great Gas mileage and smooth ride. I upgraded to a 4 door car since a 2 door is no longer convenient. I love my new car and has lots of room and comfortable for all passengers. Highly would recommend the Ford Focus if you are looking for a smooth ride and a definite gas saver!

Great Care, except for transmission

by VA_Chris from Rockville, MA | November 4, 2014

I have had my 2013 focus for 1 1/2 years so far, and the transmission is horrible! It skips, shutters, and makes lots of noise when shifting in lower gears! Gas mileage, comfort, and everything else seems good, but its not a joy to drive when driving in the city. Lots of jolts, and embarrassment due to noise.

Purchase a Ford Focus 2013-Never again

by Joriann from Portland, Oregon | October 27, 2014

This is the first domestic car I have owned! This was the worse mistake of my life. The car is styled well with all the bells and whistles but drives like a "dump truck" The dual shift transmission is a "nightmare". The car is in the shop for the second time because it rolls backwards, lurches and grinds. It sounds like the transmission is going to fall out! It has 9,000 miles on the car. Ford tells me this is perfectly normal (I doubt it) I have owned enough cars to know that your car should not perform or sound this way. A co worker said I should pull over and call a tow truck when riding in my car, it sounded and performed so badly, it was lurching and grinding so bad we couldn't if hear the radio! I don't think this car is safe. I will get rid of it ASAP if Ford does not resolve the problem!

if you do but one get a manual transmission

by Jojo from Fremont, Ca. | September 30, 2014

Plus: Power is adequate for its class and has very good handling. The interior has decent materials. The basi Sync system works good but the My Ford Touch has problems in my wifes CMAX. Cons: Stranded me on the highway. Car ran out of gas but a module in the car gave a false fuel reading. Like other the auto trans is having shudder problems its in the shop right now. Cannot recommend the Automatic but the manual transmission should be fine.

Good, but?

by Commuter from L-Ville KY | September 30, 2014

This would be an excellent car if Ford could work the kinks out of their 6-spd DCT. Driving the Focus on the highway is a pure joy. It has a solid road presence on the freeway and sporty feel in the curves. It just loves to roll but when you get it into stop-and-go traffic and make it shift you will want to pull out your hair. If you are one of the unlucky that gets plagued with clutch shudder pray for a solution. I think it would be easier on the service tech if these transmissions were installed with Velcro.

2 for 2 on transmission replacement

by billybob from Opelika AL | September 23, 2014

With both of our older daughters moving off several hours away to different colleges, we were looking for good reliable transportation so that we could be confident in reliability on the road. We bought both of them a 2013 Ford Focus. A year later, and less than 30,000 miles on each car, we have had to have both transmissions replaced in each. My oldest daughter's car went into the shop for the 3rd time before they decided to just replace it. My middle daughter's is in the shop now being replaced. My oldest daughter called yesterday and said the transmission started making noise and acting funny again. Good looking cars? Yes! But now we are faced with trying to get out of these cars and into something else. Could not recommend the focus to anyone.

Beautiful car, beautiful fuel economy.

by Johnny from Long Island New York | September 20, 2014

We have had this car for about a year and a half now. We did have a jumpy transmission at first. It seems to have dissipated after many long road trips. We were disappointed with the transmission, but absolutely loved everything else about the car. It has a beautiful interior, great exterior, plenty of power. Handling is crisp and precise. But it is the gas mileage that won us over. We have gotten 43 mpg twice on long trips and never anything less than 37mpg running the air. We can go 255 miles on $20 bucks. Ford should really fix than jumpy transmission and they would win over a lot of foreign car owners. ( we run mobile one oil in the car )

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

by FPL from atlanta, ga | September 19, 2014

I disposed of my 2013 Ford Focus on 9-15-14 at a loss. I experienced all of the transmission issues already mentioned including almost getting struck when entering an intersection and the transmission simply stopped giving forward movement. I was always told it is suppose to run like that. At a 35000 mile oil change I was told a seal between the transmission and engine had failed an oil had leaked from the engine. It was repaired and I was then told about a surprise extended warranty on the part and associated parts from Ford only Ford did not say anything until a week after the repair. All of the shuddering eventually started back up again and on 9-14-14 I noticed a burnt rubber smell from the car. I realized it had always been burning rubber but I always convinced myself it was another vehicle next to mine. Mine was new and it couldn't be mine. I strongly recommend against buying a Ford Focus.

Worse Car I've Ever Owned

by Helen Bee from Windsor, Ontario, Canada | September 13, 2014

This would be a great car if Ford would own up to the transmission problems and actually fix it. I've had it in several times and was told there's nothing wrong with it. A new car shouldn't shudder and shake, or bog and then jump forward when it finally decides to shift. I have driven Ford vehicles for 30 years but this will be my last. Very disappointed.

Ford Focus

by Last time ford owner from Little Rock, AR | September 5, 2014

Don't buy this car it's the 2013 version of the Ford Edsel If you buy this car, you will end up taking your car in multiple times due to excessive transmission clutch shudders. This vehicle is a DEATH TRAP and Ford will have no problem taking your payments and tell you there is nothing wrong with you car!