2013 Ford Focus

2013 Ford Focus
Available in 5 styles:  2013 Ford Focus 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Good car except horrible transmission

by helenbee from Canada | April 25, 2015

I owned this car for 2.5 years. Loved everything about it except for the transmission. The dealer said it's normal but there's nothing normal about bogging, shaking, stuttering and stalling. I have been driving only Ford products for about 25 years but finally traded this car in for a Honda Civic due to sheer frustration over this transmission. I don't think I will ever buy a Ford again. I don't trust them anymore.

Still loving this car.

by Johnnyfromlongisland from up state ny | March 22, 2015

This is a follow up reveiw for my 2013 Ford Focus. After two years and 3 months with 27000 miles this car is still getting great gas milage and is trouble free. As I said in the first reveiw we had a jumpy transmission at first. After a couple of long trips this stoped. The transmission works flawlessly and I could not be happier with this car. We moved from Long Island to the Adirondacks, driving in the mountains is more challeging than the Island and harder on the transmission. But the Focus performs flawlessly. Handing is steller and the car feels like a much more expensive car would. I recomend this car and would buy again.

2013 Ford Focus 2lt Diesel

by john from New Zealand | March 16, 2015

Have a diesel 2013 Focus which has done approx. 55,000 KM. basically used as a commuter and driven fairly hard ( driven like I stole it) - have not had the transmission problems as detailed by other subscribers on this site. Originally purchased it because it was a better drive than the Corrolla alternative and would buy another for the same reason. Mileage is 5.8 litres per 100Km. .

runs good

by tatortot92 from | December 30, 2014

great riding car for the money. have not had any issues with it yet 62k miles, I've heard of people having problems with the auto trans. i have a 5 speed manual and had not had any issues with changing gears.

2013 Ford Focus

by Focus lover! from Corunna, MI | November 7, 2014

I love my Ford Focus, before the 2013 I have now I had a 2004 Hatchback and I loved it. Great Gas mileage and smooth ride. I upgraded to a 4 door car since a 2 door is no longer convenient. I love my new car and has lots of room and comfortable for all passengers. Highly would recommend the Ford Focus if you are looking for a smooth ride and a definite gas saver!

Great Care, except for transmission

by VA_Chris from Rockville, MA | November 4, 2014

I have had my 2013 focus for 1 1/2 years so far, and the transmission is horrible! It skips, shutters, and makes lots of noise when shifting in lower gears! Gas mileage, comfort, and everything else seems good, but its not a joy to drive when driving in the city. Lots of jolts, and embarrassment due to noise.

Purchase a Ford Focus 2013-Never again

by Joriann from Portland, Oregon | October 27, 2014

This is the first domestic car I have owned! This was the worse mistake of my life. The car is styled well with all the bells and whistles but drives like a "dump truck" The dual shift transmission is a "nightmare". The car is in the shop for the second time because it rolls backwards, lurches and grinds. It sounds like the transmission is going to fall out! It has 9,000 miles on the car. Ford tells me this is perfectly normal (I doubt it) I have owned enough cars to know that your car should not perform or sound this way. A co worker said I should pull over and call a tow truck when riding in my car, it sounded and performed so badly, it was lurching and grinding so bad we couldn't if hear the radio! I don't think this car is safe. I will get rid of it ASAP if Ford does not resolve the problem!

if you do but one get a manual transmission

by Jojo from Fremont, Ca. | September 30, 2014

Plus: Power is adequate for its class and has very good handling. The interior has decent materials. The basi Sync system works good but the My Ford Touch has problems in my wifes CMAX. Cons: Stranded me on the highway. Car ran out of gas but a module in the car gave a false fuel reading. Like other the auto trans is having shudder problems its in the shop right now. Cannot recommend the Automatic but the manual transmission should be fine.

Good, but?

by Commuter from L-Ville KY | September 30, 2014

This would be an excellent car if Ford could work the kinks out of their 6-spd DCT. Driving the Focus on the highway is a pure joy. It has a solid road presence on the freeway and sporty feel in the curves. It just loves to roll but when you get it into stop-and-go traffic and make it shift you will want to pull out your hair. If you are one of the unlucky that gets plagued with clutch shudder pray for a solution. I think it would be easier on the service tech if these transmissions were installed with Velcro.

2 for 2 on transmission replacement

by billybob from Opelika AL | September 23, 2014

With both of our older daughters moving off several hours away to different colleges, we were looking for good reliable transportation so that we could be confident in reliability on the road. We bought both of them a 2013 Ford Focus. A year later, and less than 30,000 miles on each car, we have had to have both transmissions replaced in each. My oldest daughter's car went into the shop for the 3rd time before they decided to just replace it. My middle daughter's is in the shop now being replaced. My oldest daughter called yesterday and said the transmission started making noise and acting funny again. Good looking cars? Yes! But now we are faced with trying to get out of these cars and into something else. Could not recommend the focus to anyone.