2014 Ford Focus

Available in 5 styles:  2014 Ford Focus 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Terrible car

by Emmamarie from Phoenix az | June 10, 2016

I've had this Ford for 3 years and it's one problem after another. This car has been in the shop 5 times for the same problem transmission. Will never go with ford again.

ford focus 2014 se

by BJ from phx | May 2, 2016

The car has terrible gas milage but if I mix the regular with the plus gas then I get flex fuel and then the mileage becomes more like 25.0 miles p gallon

My Focus Experience is Good

by Dan M from Los Angeles, CA | April 4, 2016

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with the sports package with 90K miles. I have never had a problem and only take it to the shop for normal maintenance. I did buy the car with a manual transmission because I was a little spooked by the stories I was hearing about the automatic transmission. I don't have the high end MyFord system either. It rides nice, handles well and I average about 30 mpg overall in L.A. traffic. I would buy another one again.

Hope it is fixed.

by Cooper from Manchester,NH | March 20, 2016

Yesterday we picked up our 2014 Focus from the Dealer. It was in for a full replacement of the DCT clutch. It took 12 weeks to get it. It went at 10,000 miles. Unreal but true. The drive Home was great.. Drove like a new vehicle. Hope it is fixed & will stay that way. D&O NH

transmission & gas tank filling tube

by kitchy 649 from esterhazy sk. canada | March 9, 2016

the transmission does not shift smooth &because i live in the country where there some gravel roads to get to my ranch my gas tank tube hasnt got a cap to stop dust &mud getting into where i put the gas nozzle to refill the tank. other wise the car is ok. I like my chev impala much better

bad bad bad

by k.ferr from easton md | February 11, 2016

i bought my 2014 ford focus loving it! until i hit 7,500 miles then my car was jumping when i would take off and shifting at the wrong time! kept taking it back to the ford dealership and they kept saying noting was wrong. im looking for a new car now

2014 Focus SE

by Scooby in San Antonio from San Antonio | February 1, 2016

I bought this car as an upgrade to a much loved and cared for 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback with standard transmission. I am an emotionally invested car owner who did not want to give up her car because it was old and outdated. But with the new "hands-free" laws my hubby was adamant about upgrading to a new vehicle. We purchase a new 2015 Toyota Rav4 Limited with all the bells and whistles and I, surprisingly, loved all the new technology. I decided maybe it was time to retire my much loved ZX3 with only 74,000 original owner miles on it. I drove the 2014 Focus SE and noticed instantly the shuddering from a stop. However, reading how they changed the transmission, I realized "I" needed to change the way I drive. You see, I baby my cars. But you really need to just drive this car. Put a little more on the gas. There is a great article I read on the new Ford transmission and how it operates. I also know if anything should go wrong or I have any questions I can just take it back to the dealership and they will fix it. I am pleased that Ford is backing said transmission for 100,000 miles (not that I will even come close to that number). For a run-around car that won't see a lot of miles this car is exactly what my family needs. Lots of room and just enough technology to keep me in compliance with local laws regarding hands-free phone and text. l have relied on Ford since my first one, a 1988 Ford Festiva (yes, I bought brand new) and they have not disappointed. Just my two cents worth.

2014 focus.

by dean from Biloxi Mississippi | January 28, 2016

I bought a Focus for commuting and at first I liked the car. We'll it started to act up with shuddering and a fault code misfire. I took it back to Ford and they called and said they drove it and it works fine. So I picked it up and it didn't drive fine, so I took it back. Same same I kept taking it back and finally they fixed it. The transmission module was bad and the number two coil also bad. Just keep taking it back, they'll get tired of seeing you.

Watch out for transmission issues

by Disappointed from Cincinnati, OH | December 2, 2015

I bought a 2014 Titanium model. It was a comfortable car with lots of nice features (Sync, keyless start, heated seats, backup camera, etc). In mixed driving I probably averaged around 30-31 MPG. So the vehicle is mostly good. The one glaring negative is the dual clutch automatic transmission. My vehicle started having clutch slippage around 7500 miles. Basically, it would be "jerky" on takeoff, and sometimes on the shift from 1st to 2nd. Do some research and you'll find this problem has been around since 2012 with no real fix. The transmission warranty has been extended by the manufacturer. That wasn't good enough for me...I traded mine in for something (hopefully) more reliable. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone until a permanent fix is offered for the transmission problems.

A car with preformance

by Avid Flyer from Medford, Or. | November 24, 2015

First 10,000 miles had to put in two quarts of oil, after that Not burning a drop, this is a Ford and all Fords I have owned have done this. The stock tires on this car are good at handling but get noisy after 15,000 miles on older roads, replace the tires at a cost of $800.00 all good now noise level down to 40 decibels while driving before tire change it ran about 80 to 90 decibels. Drove over 500 miles on a tank of gas that's 11.5 gallon fuel tank but have got better but no one would believe it, Going up hill it drives better than some cars equipped with a V-8. I have had It in the shop for a couple of minor things was in and out in about a hour, I have a automatic and it was acting nuts once in a while so they reprogramed the computer and no problems since. I got the Titanium model just wish it had all wheel drive, the 2016 does have it but not the duel turbo charged motor that they have in Europe. Drove 5000 miles in one week and still felt comfortable each day. The navigation system has hung up a couple of times and when I really needed it, so if you have a problem and can't get it to work reset it and lose all your stored information and start over calling the company did not do me any good. Stay away from the highway in Las Vegas that goes by area 51 cause that's where I had trouble, after that no more problems with the Nav. system. Back to the tires I had 30K on them when I finally couldn't take it anymore and sprung for new rubber but could of got another 30K out of them so be Sure you don't have the cheep tires on the car you buy be sure to road test you car 10 miles on roads to see if you can handle the noise level, the noise level wont show up till 55 MPH and on bad roads so make sure you go on a freeway that you drive all the time to make sure your Ok with the noise level. Had some issues with the key FOB but took care of that myself by replacing the battery. For those of you who don't make your payments on time this one can be shut down remotely and if you do a crime in this car they will find you! This is not a car for someone who's paranoid! but after 2015 all cars will be this way anyway. One small thing was the passenger seat was not electric and was a small bummer but on big deal. My wife who is 4FT8 Ins can drive this car because of all the seat movement and I can back it way off so I can drive it 6'2 225 lbs. boy is tight. This car comes with the following, remote start remote lock unlock heated seats electric mirrors 200 watt sound system with touch screen controls with CD player and RCA jack inputs also has two USB inputs for charging or playing things on your Ipad or tablet, tilt steering lumbar back support heated front seats rear window lock control on driver side and big trunk for a small car. I have the 6 speed auto it has a paddle shift of the side of the gear shift knob if you like to manually shift and it has traction control with it which is nice in slippery driving conditions. Fog lights come standard. I drove this car up to 100 MPH and its rock solid on the road I have the hatch back I had a 2013 Ford focus sedan and at 90 was shifty on the road so if you do high speed be aware of this for the sedan. Drove in 8 Western States with no problems what so ever at the higher speeds allowed in States like Texas Idaho Nevada or Colorado. This is a good car for anyone, if you are buying for a teenager be sure they are responsible drivers this car is quick, it's not a corvette but its not even being close to the pinto or the 1980's mustang with 4 cylinder engine.