2014 Ford Focus

Starting MSRP

Overall

Complaint

by Economy Car Blessing from Live in danville,va | August 29, 2015

I wasn't asked to test drive the car. Had i test drove it first before purchasing it i would have questioned the jerking motion that it has when you stop for traffic lights and how it sounds like it's the wrong gear when you first crank it up and proceed up a slight inclinement. Sounds like it's in low instead of drive. When i asked about it when i had my first oil change i was told that's normal. Sounds like it has transmission issues.

Great for price

by Mathias from Middleton NS | August 20, 2015

Bought a 2014 Focus a little over a year ago. I got the 2.0 with 5 speed manual. I've racked up 50,000kms and get great mileage 33.6mpg average since I owned it. and get better then advertised when on a long haul on the highway. I've had no issues with this car mechanically although the stock tires I got on it wore down very fast and everything in the front end is still tight. Other then that no complaints at all great car for the price!

Daily Commuter Car

by 2014 Ford Focus from Gaithersburg, MD | June 23, 2015

I bought a new Ford Focus 2014, now with 15,000 miles, for two reason: put gas on it, and change oil every 5000 miles. Today, I have to bring the only car a have for a diagnostic cause the transmision make some funny shaking.I was there for less a 3 minutes and another customer was there with the same, same problem in the same type of car and year. Dealer service showed be aware of this problem with this type of car. My purpose is to alert anyone interested in this type of car comes from the factory with this problem. I ask Ford Company to take responsibility for these cars out of circulation and prevent customers to go throw this inconvenients.

Great little compact

by Mlemos89 from Bethlehem, PA | June 23, 2015

I've owned a Honda, Toyota, Focus, and Ranger. I have to say that this Focus is the best car that I've had. I went with the 14 model because it was cheaper than the 15 model but still new, I got an SE with leather interior, the winter package (heated seats\sidemirrors), and the moon roof. I have to say I'm glad I went with this over the basic Fusion which was in the same price range. I am 5'11 but I still have enough room. The drive is very smooth, and MPGs are amazing compared to my previous vehicle which was the ranger. I average like 27 MPG as of now. I do more city driving. The quality of the interior materials are impressive for the price, especially compared to competitors. I also auto the automatic with the auto shifter, and the car has a nice amount of pick up.

Daily Commuter Car

by Jon from Los Angeles, CA | June 3, 2015

I traded in my 2006 Honda Civic to get a new 2014 Ford Focus... And am absolutely happy with it! Even though my Civic gave me 135,000 trouble free miles, I got too good of a deal on the Focus to pass up. I got the 5-speed manual transmission, and as long as I keep it under the speed limit, I'm getting around 40mpg on the freeway. I have a 150 round trip daily commute, and the car is very comfortable, even with 3-4 other passengers in the car! I haven't had any problems with the car in the last 6 months that I've had it, and I've already got 10,000 miles on it. For the price, you really can't beat this car!

Shifting is off

by anikki from New Mexico | May 18, 2015

Bought my Focus in November 2014 because of all the rebates. Loved the gas mileage but now It is shifting weird. Taking it to the shop tonight and they are not sure if it will be covered under warranty? My work just bought 6 of these and one had the transmission go out at 65 miles!!! We literally drove it from the dealer to work and that was it! I hope I am not regretting this purchase.

great little car!

by jmak from oregon coast | May 14, 2015

i've bought my 2014 focus se hatchback in dec 2013 and have loved every minute of driving it! i get much better gas mileage than advertised...33 mpg in city and up to 46 mpg on the highway!! although i regularly use it around town i often travel out of state and find it a very comfortable ride. it has great power when i need to step on it, very little road noise, and easy maneuverability. i looked at comparable cars but my focus seemed much sturdier and the interior more luxurious. the one thing that i would change if asked is i wish they would have lit the keyhole as i always have to duck down to see where to put the key when it's dark. but, other than that i wouldn't change a thing!! best car i've driven in a very long time =)

Buttertrans

by Will from Inland Empire, California | May 4, 2015

I bought my 2014 Ford Focus SE sedan with the powershift auto-manual transmission. i bought it used. I have been driving it for a Month now and it is a great car! At first i was concerned about the transmission because it hesistates when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear but other than that it is great. I manage to get the advertised MPG. It has sufficient power for a commuter car. I never feel like it is underpowered. The handling is sporty. the suspension is firm and corners flat compared to many commuter cars i have driven. The brakes are very good and strong enough to stop the car very quickly. The steering is very precise. The steering wheel is the best ive seen in a commuter car. The seats look really nice and and comfortable and they look like they will last. They are the best cloth seats ive ever had. The back seat room is good if you are an adult Shorter than 6 feet. The rear seats fold but you have to scoot the front seats forward a fair amount to be able to get the rear seats as far down as they can, unless you remove the head rests. The trunk is big but i wish the trunk opening was wider. The SYNC system was a little hard to learn at first but now i understand it. Sometimes when using the voice commands, you have to speak pretty loud if you have the windows down. The sound quality is good. I has sufficient bass for a commuter car. If you live in a cold weather area you are going to appreciate that this car get up to operating temperature quickly and blows lots of hot air. I wish the storage compartments werent shaped awkwardly, my phone doesnt fit nicely anywhere unless i stash it in the center arm rest compartment. When i drive this car i feel like i am driving a car more expensive that what its costing me. I like how the car looks on the outside. i havent had any reliability problems. On this tank i am getting 35MPG and overall since i bought the car i am getting 33 MPG. I drive half city and half highway so their advertised 32MPG combined is true, i am actually beating that right now. You need to know how to drive efficiently if you want to get the most out of every gallon.

2014 Focus Titanium

by 350zmarty from Seattle | April 24, 2015

I traded in a 2014 Dodge Challenger Rt in for a New Focus Titanium, due to a new Job with a 52 mile round trip commute daily, so I needed great gas mileage. My worry was going from almost 400 horsepower to a economy car. I did a ton of research and kept coming back to the Focus. I will tell you that with the dual clutch transmission, this car is a lot of fun to drive. I averaged 16 miles per gallon in my Challenger with mixed driving, and my new Focus , I am doubling that !! I get close to 40 Mpg on the freeway. The interior is so much better quality than the Challenger, and I love the Sony sound system with 390 watts. The leather interior is very nice, and the overall technology is incredible. I got mine with rebates at a great deal, which was a great deal.

Great Value

by Ford Fan from Lima, Ohio | April 23, 2015

The 2014 Ford Focus is a great little car with plenty of interior room and plenty of character. We really like the ride and love the great gas mileage. I just moved from a Grand Marquis and I feel like this Focus drives even better than the big boat! If you are looking for a small car then try out the Focus.