2007 Ford Freestar

17 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Most reliable car I've owned

by Mail man from Ste. Genevieve, Mo | September 8, 2013

I have a 2007 Ford Freeestar now with 206000 miles and never missed a day delivering mail with it. I am looking for a replacement with fewer miles.

Wish Ford still made their Freestar!

by Retired technician from Northern California | March 9, 2012

I bought my 2006 Freestar SE from a national rental agency. It had 16,000 miles on it. I used it as my service vehicle for 4 1/2 before I retired. I retired, but my Freestar hasn't. It now has 185,000 miles on it and it just works as advertised; day in, day out. While in service use, I did drive-thru oil changes every 5k; and performed coolant & trans fluid changes at recommended mileages. Only problems I had were 1) at around 95K I had a front rotor warp 2) at around 170K I had an injector start acting up, necessitating a replacement. It has been driven on a number of vacations; no complaints from the family. It just seems to work, and work well. The cloth interior has worn extremely well; being comfy and easy to take care of. Its' predecessor was a 1999 Windstar that lasted about 150K; it didn't seem as refined as the Freestar. The Windstar's transmission seemed to be weaker than the Freestar; it's overdrive started slipping, necessitating it's retirement. I have had no problems with the Freestars transmission. The Freestar was the final evolution of the product and it was the best! During my Freestar's service days, it regularly returned a 20mpg average getting a few mpg better on longer hwy 5 trips. I drove many miles in the mountains and coastal foothills on twisty roads and all weather; the Freestar handled safely and competently. Suspension and brakes endured a full load of tools and inventory without a whimper or stress. My only real complaints are the fact that Ford no longer makes it and it has gotten such a bad rap throughout its production life. Underrated, underappreciated, and the closest to it now is the Kia Sedona (which looks like a copy). I wish Ford still made the Freestar, as I will eventually have to retire it. If you expect to recreate your entire living room and playroom in your minivan , look elsewhere; if you want a good, comfortable, reliable people-mover, then this is it!

this car is trustworthy

by BUDDY from New York City | September 17, 2010

I like my 2005 van it's a smooth ride takes us where we need to go.However I can't locate the proper repair shop for my DVD& CD player. Can you help?

Yes, most reliable car I've ever owned

by only me from So Cal | June 29, 2009

I use this for work, I drive 50,000 miles a year(heavily loaded) and get a new minivan every three years. This is my 6th minivan, third Ford, and the first minivan I've owned that the transmission has lasted more than 80,000 miles. I'm at 193,000, I like this one so much I've used it for work for an extra year and plan on keeping it for myself when I get a new work van. I'll buy a low mileage used Freestar since they no longer make them. My only complaint is that the spare tire hoist is not accessible without unloading the cargo area.

So far, we enjoy it!

by Theo from Florida | August 11, 2008

I have a wife and 3 kids ages 1-10yrs old and we all enjoy this (very affordable) minivan. This vehicle is not flashy like it's higher rated peers, but it's practical and rated very high in safety. I can get the kids in and out fairly easily at the school due to the double sliding doors. The cargo well in the truck keeps baggage from sliding around. 3rd row to floor option for storage is a plus. The mostly plastic interior and hard cloth seating is easy to wipe down...less stains from kids and more sanitary is how I see it. The engine noise reviews I have read are very exaggerated. My 3 kids screaming and laughing is what's loud. We had 1 long road trip and it was a nice, smooth ride on the interstate, no problems and the family was happy. Reliability for Ford's minivans are my biggest concern but it appears they finally worked out most of the kinks for the 2007 model year. Play it safe and get an extended warranty...just in case. Otherwise, a nice ride and I would recommend it. Great deals on these right now on the lots.

BEST MINIVAN FOR TRAVEL

by ABQ CAR from ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO | May 12, 2008

I THINK FORD MADE A VERY GOOD IMPROVE IN THIS MINIVAN COMPARED WITH THE WINDSTAR, IT HAS A BETTER INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DESIGN, AND FOR ME IS MORE RELIABLE. I COMMONLY USE THE MINIVAN IN TRIPS OF 5 OR 6 HOURS AND THE VAN JUST DO IT GREAT!.... THE ACCELERATION IS GOOD, AS THE ANSWER OF THE ENGINE... I FULLY RECOMMEND THIS MINIVAN, BECAUSE OF ITS RELIABILITY AND CONFORT IN LONG TRIPS

WHY DID THEY STOP?!?!?!

by Ford Fan from Va | November 11, 2007

this has been our 3rd Ford Product and we love it so much. We didnt want to be like everyone else in our neighborhood who only drove, yes hondas and toyotas. I have no idea why this van got bad reviews, we think everything is great. we timed the van with a stop watch for 0-60 time and we were happy it went when you hit the pedal. We clocked in at 7.8 sec with a stopwatch. the interior room in this car it very nice and the leg room could be longer but it fits my 3 teenagers comfortably. The MPG was a major part in our car buying, our neighbor has a 2006 honda odyssey with the 3.5 and we asked him what he averages and he said he gets around 19 mpg in mixed driving. witch mad us wonder about the Freestars MPG. We average around 24 which says what it gets on the highway, we were happy. One thing we noticed is that we have a 4.2 and get 24 and he has a 3.5 and gets 19, we almost have a full liter more and get better MPG The interior plastics could use a softer touch but the interior is nice,comfy,great to look at, and functional but the only problem with this van to us is the is that it doesnt have the sliding overhead like the town and country or other rivals but over all this van is excellent!

Is any one buing these?

by minivanDRIVER from Bristol. CT | October 14, 2007

I had a chance to drive 2007 Ford Freestar while my 2001 Dodge G. Caravan was in body shop. Exterior. On the outside it does not look too bad , but somehow cheap. Interior. I could not belive I was sitting in 2007 model. The interior looks like it was made 20 years a go! All around You plastic and lots of cheap plastic! Radio , heater/ac control and dashboard/instrumental panels remaind me of 1984 Ford Escort!!! This is not how You make cars in 21st century! Seats were a bit too hard and not comfortable. There was not enough leg room for adults. Powertrain. I was supprised when I hit accelarator. Engine , tranny and brakes were the only things that worked and performed the way they should on a vehicle like this.

Only one complaint

by Have to drive something from Chicago, IL | February 11, 2007

As I have found with the ford products, brake quality is poor. After only 11K miles, the front brakes and rotors had to be replaced. Otherwise we have enjoyed our 5th ford product!

THE BEST MINIVAN

by bob cadarr from Buffalo NY | October 21, 2006

when i went to buy a car i was thinking of a minivan because we had a big family. I went to two dealerships toyota Honda and Ford. i chose The ford Freestar because i got better mileage then all the other van. When i bought this car it has been performing great!. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the features a little bit but other ways this is the best.