2005 Ford Freestyle

Available in 6 styles:  2005 Ford Freestyle 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Love this vehicle!

by Freestyle Lover from Erie, PA | August 18, 2014

We purchased this vehicle new and have had no regrets--and I'm still driving it. Besides being roomy and comfortable, I've had no major issues with it. The air conditioning is on its last legs but at 225,000 miles on the vehicle, I'm not complaining! I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off which at the rate I'm going will be another 9 years! There is no body rust, the engine is still running strong, and I've had no problems with transmission. The only complaint I have is that I have to put a set of tires on it about every 12-14 months. However, I live in the snow belt and run all-season tires on it year-round with no need for snow tires. I wish all vehicles were this reliable.

2005 Freestyle

by runninghorse1 from Lambertville, NJ | March 25, 2014

My wife and I commuted to work together for many years and only had one car between us. When the time came to buy a second car, I wanted an American made vehicle (lower repair costs) that would be All Wheel Drive for her to feel comfortable in all of the snow that we had. I wanted a vehicle that would drive like a "car" but have room in the back for her occasional flea marketing table and merchandise bins. All but the drivers seat fold flat, This car would hold 7 people without being packed. It rides a bit higher than most cars which is nice. I bought mine with 81K miles and the transmission was replaced by the one prior owner at 40K. I saw that on the carfax report and other reviewers said that they had unusual trans failure with low mileage. But, since it has been replaced, there are no issues. The Ford Freestyle was only made for three years. Not sure why this was not promoted more by Ford. I've had mine for a month and my wife is very happy with it. All good!

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned, By Far!

by Steven from Kansas City, MO | January 15, 2014

I bought my Freestyle just over a year ago and it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned, I used to own a Lincoln Ls, that car couldn't get out of the driveway in snow, got worse gas mileage, was much smaller, and things broke all the time, over a year having the Freestyle and not one problem has come up. I would love to move onto a Ford Expedition in a few years but I'll be sad to let my Freestyle go, even new crossovers don't compare to the ride, gas mileage, and functionality of the Freestyle. Plus its an ease to drive, I've been in Lumbering Cadillac SUV's that felt clumsy and oversized on the road. The Freestyle is big, but totally under my control at all times, I couldn't recommend this vehicle more!!

Excellent Value for the Money

by First Time Auto Auction Purchase from North East, MD | November 15, 2013

I was very impressed with the information I found on the internet. Car appeared to be in pristine condition from the pictures. I ran a carfax report & found it had been taken for all routine maintenance and was owned in a state that required inspections. When I went to see the car I was blown away at how nice the car was. It had obviously been garage kept and there were very few dents on it. The car is similar to a mini-van & I assumed it had been a family car. The interior is in very good condition and has a lot of upgrades (limited model). I had totaled my 2004 Ford Escape and was able to purchase this 2005 Ford Freestyle with the settlement money and had money left over. As far as I'm concerned, the prior owners cared for this car the same I would. I am very happy with my purchase.

Excellent Car

by Busy Grandmother from Troy, IL | July 27, 2013

Purchased my pre-owned 2005 Freestyle in 2009. It had 55,000 miles on it. Love this care. Interior is very roomy and able to hold 4 car seats, which is important for a busy grandmother. Have had not major issues with vehicle. Last summer packed the car up with 4 adults, 2 kids and luggage carrier and drove to South Carolina, Virginia and home. Crossed 7 state borders in 7 days, and the car did a great job. Comfortable ride,, great handling. Anytime we travel, we take the Freestyle. Currently has 96,000 miles on it and still going strong.

138,000 on going strong

by Wife's car! from San Diego, Ca. | July 15, 2013

This has been a good car. We purchased it new in Sept '05. It's a 2005 Limited. Had a rear brake problem at 25,000 miles. I was told it was faulty pads. The Air conditioner was replaced at 80,000 miles. I had an extended warranty. I replaced the struts at 125,00 miles and a half shaft at 110,000 miles. I really like the car. It handles well and other than the few items listed it has been running strong with regular maintenance. I'll probably run it until it runs no more.

Money Pit - Piece of Junk

by Car Enthusiast from New Jersey | February 13, 2013

Transmission, AWD, Throttle Body Problems after spending 3k, then starter failed, O2 sensors, EGR valve, Water leaking onto drivers side carpet. all with less than 90k on it

One of my Favorite Fords

by Ford Enthusiast from Illinois | November 19, 2012

My family has owned 12 Fords in the last 35 years. They are comfortable and roomy-important for a family of 7, and 3 men above 6 feet tall. Traded my high mileage Freestyle for an Edge, because Ford stopped making the Freestyle. Wish I had my old car back, I dislike the Edge and would buy another Freestyle in a heartbeat!

Freestyle

by jz from Lansdale PA | June 22, 2012

Too bad Ford stopped making this vehicle. I think it's the homerun that no one saw. Great vehicle. Would buy again.

Nice carriage

by Dick from Topeka, KS | May 28, 2012

We purchased a Freestyle about a month aga, and have needed to take two 1,000 mile trips so far. It is roomy enough to seat 4 grandchildren comfortably and the rear air makes the ride great. We wanted a Freestyle 4 years ago, and are glad we finally found one.