2007 Ford Freestyle

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Ford Freestyle 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Ford knows about......

by Greg94601 from Oakland, Ca | January 7, 2013

Had the car for 5 years and had nothing but trouble after 2 years. Instrument Cluster had to be replaced $$$ out-of-pocket expense. Brakes had to be replaced after 20,000 miles. Rotor is wearing down fast. Accelerator motors (Gas Pedal) had to be replaced with diagnostic $$$ out-of-pocket expense. The sad truth about this vehicle is that it has too many known defects and Ford refuses to acknowledge them through TSB recalls. This is the reason that Ford has discontinued this model--Terrible reliability. When my transmission takes a dive, I won't be able to have it rebuilt because Ford refuses to rebuild them and don't offer spare parts to private mechanics. Must purchase a new transmission. The cost ?? The price for a new small vehicle.

Why did they stop making this car?

by Great carWhy did they stop making from OH | December 19, 2012

Great vehicle. Positive features listed below Inside design roomy, well thought out 3rd row "fairly comfortable" seat - good leg room Good mileage for a big vehicle - getting 24-26 2 temps. on heated seats / separate cabin temp. control Love this vehicle! Only suggestion: Window glass tinting is not dark enough - hence 4 stars on exterior design Should never have stopped making this car. Can only get this car with this transmission from 05 to 07. The Taurus version gets poor mileage - transmission is different than in the Freestyle

Loved this car!

by Nanny from Baltimore, MD | November 15, 2012

I just recently totaled my 2007 Freestyle and I don't know that I am going to be able to replaced it without just buying another! The size was perfect, it drove wonderfully, and I have only a few minor complaints. My most common use is daily driving, and as a nanny the back seats were perfect for getting 3 kids (in carseats) in and out. The third row seat (the real problem in why I can't find a new car) was invaluable as I tried to squish 3 carseats into the back of my mom's Escape. It does leave something to be desired to an adult in the third row, but for the size of the vehicle it is ample space. Another complaint would be the second row seats. They did not offer any support, and I frequently got complaints that I was driving "crazy." After riding in the back with someone else driving, I know why everyone complained! The seats do not give support and you do need to be aware of what's going on and turns coming up. Aside from this, the car was perfect. At 90,000 miles, I had no major repairs (I got new brakes once and changed my oil every 5,000 miles.). The third row seat (small as it may be) is really a selling point to me in this car. Most SUV manufacturers are fazing them out of the smaller models, and I'm not old enough for a minivan just to keep my job!

everything I wanted in a car

by have car will travel from Howard, PA | October 31, 2011

I needed a new car, so I did some research until I found the one I wanted. It was different from any other vehicle that I had own before.

Fantastic family car

by starkaos from Minnesotaq | October 22, 2011

The Freestyle offers 7 passenger seating with more cargo room than most SUV's on the market. Most standard SUV's leave absolutely no room for anything if the 3rd row seating is in use. The Freestyle, with it's deep rear cargo space, gives enough room for the sports equipment or overnight bags you need to take along. It's a very comfortable ride and gets amazing gas mileage. I highly recomment it. It's really a shame that Ford no longer makes this model.

Good used market value

by Wally from Munster, IN | October 4, 2011

I have owned the 2007 Freestyle for four months. It, so far, has proved to be an excellent choice. There are a lot of convenience features. I bought the "Limited" version and it came with a ton of standard features. My only regret is that Ford stopped making this vehicle. I would definitely be interested in another one in about 4 years.

Perfect!

by Campfisher from Salem, Oregon | March 24, 2011

I purchased the 2007 Freestyle used. I was looking for significant cargo capacity for camping and a comfortable cruiser for long road trips plus all wheel drive features. This vehicle delivers on all accounts. Extremely smooth on the freeway and carries tons of stuff. It is very heavy which contributes to the smooth ride but makes it a little sluggish around town, which for me is a justifiable trade-off. I average about 25 MPG on the freeway and 22 around town. Great creature comforts too. Sweet ride for a middle-aged man.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Ford Should've Kept Making This One

by Family of Six Guy from Douglas County, Colorado | March 15, 2011

I currently have two Freestyles. I wrecked a third - my bad. These cars are suprisingly nice. The AWD makes this car a tank in the snow, with the right tires (not the factory installed tires). Good MPG. Could there be more room for large rear seat passengers? Yes. But, if you have a family or pets that you want to move around in comfort, this car is ideally suited for that. Plus, if you fold down the rear seat, you effectively have a large station wagon. Is it coming to compete with a BMW or Mercedes wagon? Not in your life, but will it get you there safely and in comfort? Yes, most absolutely. We have had no maintenance issues that were not covered. With AWD, we always get 23 mpg in combined driving. The only downside: the dash slopes inward toward the passengers. If you put anything up there (GPS, map, etc.), it will soon be in your lap or on the floor.

Had to let it go!!!

by JAY from PA | January 17, 2011

We had a 06 limited with a DVD player installed and initially loved the car. Good room, leather, pretty good gas mileage with the AWD. First the drivers side heated seats stopped working. We could handle this but had no plans to try to get it fixed since it was out of warrenty and very expensive. Then it needed a new throttle body after the car stalled at a light. She almost got rear ended by a car behing her. Not even six months later, while my wife was driving on the interstate, the car surged forward without notice and the transmission wrench came on. We decided at this point that it was time to trade it in before an accident was caused. We really liked the car but safety is more important. Disappointed

Not enough room

by Mom of 3 from colorado springs, co | December 18, 2010

Although this car gets great gas milage and has been very reliable It is very difficut to get my 3 growing kids in and out of this vehicle. It is not easy for them to move the seats to get in the very back seat and 3 car seats do not fit across either row of seating. My kids have grown and it is very hard for them to fit in the last row of seats as there is NO LEG ROOM. Would not recommed this car to any one with more that 2 kids. It is not a great family car like we thought it would be.

Featured Services for this Ford Freestyle