2013 Ford Fusion Energi

40 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Great Car, Never thought I would buy a hybrid

by Professor Dave from Kansas City, MO | August 2, 2015

I've been driving mine for 2 years and love it, but it is not perfect. First the problems. Trunk space is extremely small because of the room taken up by the batteries. It also has a nasty little issue where the regular 12 volt batter will discharge and you have huge issues getting into the car. However we have figured out how to live with these issues. From a design perspective for some reason the Titanium package only comes with black seats. Considering the summer temps in Kansas City a choice of a lighter color would be nice. Now for the good stuff. The interior is extremely comfortable. The Seats wrap around you and keep comfortable and in control. We manage to get approximately 22 miles out of the battery charge. This is great because we averaging about 72 mpg. The navigation works well, hands free is flawless, stereo sounds great. There was a couple of recalls on it and the Ford treated us well. Even supplied a loaner. All in all I do not regret buying it. Thank god I did not get that itty bitty Prius.

Great Car... However, mileage could be better!

by Dan from Rockland, NY | December 31, 2014

I drive 80 miles per day. With a full battery charge I get only 15 free miles. Ford told me I would get 20. Once the gas motor kicks on, I average low 40 MPG. In total with the 80 mile round trip, I normally average 46 MPG. I’m still happy I made the purchase. This is because there are so many rebates on the electric package vs. the standard hybrid package. I have to say, except for my fear of the cost of one day having to replace the batteries when they no longer hold a charge, I would keep this car for ten years. PS: I get discounts on some tolls because it is an electric vehicle. Off peak I can go over the GW Bridge for ½ price. There is also a nice onetime Federal tax deduction. Once battery technology is finally advanced, this car will be in every driveway.

Plug-In hybrid is the way to go

by Plug In-hybrid happiness from portage,mi | April 6, 2014

I have had this car 2 months and love it. -great car inside and out - I live in michigan and still get great mileage on battery or hybrid mode. -both interior and exterior are amazing - Sync system and touch screen are super easy for me to use, syncs with my Iphone no problem -smooth ride and very quiet - i have over 1000 miles and have only put $35 in my tank - no range anxiety for trips, when the battery is gone it switches into hybrid mode simply and quickly with no delay Best care i've ever owned

Help Mr Wizard...

by AwgDwg from TX | March 23, 2014

Side mirror defog - nor workie. Timed battery charging - no workie. Mis-aligned hood - looks like was in a boxing match. Nav / entertain system - exercise in anger management. Fuel economy - disappointing. Ghost reflections of dash - safety hazard. Side mirrors have useless fisheye corner - creates a huge blind spot. Battery charge costly. Don't get 20 miles from charge either. Dealer and Ford Corp customer service is horrible. Dealer says contact Ford. Ford says contact Dealer. To quote a friend..."What'd you expect? It is a Ford". Anyone want to buy out a lease?

So far very reliable car

by NinjaCJP from Schwenksville, PA | December 3, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this car so far. I have had muliple Ford cars the Fusion Energi Titanium is the most comfortable and awesome riding car . While it's a bit pricey for some glam options, the gas you'll save more than makes up for it. I was sold the minute I sat in the drivers seat. The colorful screens all over the dash reel you in with beauty but reveals extremely useful information with up to the second stats about your car and driving. The car is very good looking on the outside with an tough looking grill and sleek body style. Ford did a great job with making this more than just a typical car. It's fun to drive and you actually look forward to traffic so you can be in it longer! While there are many factors that go into the actual MPG, it's a very impressive range no matter what. I live in the north East where it's been a bit cold and have used the heat on medium (which can decrease distance on the Energi battery.) Yet I still get a combined average 60 MPG in the city and 70 on the highway. The brilliant Sony touchscreen display is impressive and having the ability to do almost any hands free command you can imagine with SYNC is quite nice. This is my very first hybrid and am very impressed. I never thought that I would buy a hybrid but am sold on it now.

Absolute Must Buy

by iVurbs from Phoenix, AZ | August 23, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this car. I have never cared for Ford cars at all until I test drove the Fusion Energi Titanium. While it's a bit pricey for some glam options, the gas you'll save more than makes up for it. I was sold the minute I sat in the drivers seat. The colorful screens all over the dash reel you in with beauty but reveals extremely useful information with up to the second stats about your car and driving. The Coaches that you can set will help you save energy/gas and alter driving habits. The car is sexy on the outside with an tough looking grill and sleek body style. Ford did a great job with making this more than just a typical car. It's fun to drive and you actually look forward to traffic so you can be in it longer! While there are many factors that go into the actual MPG, it's a very impressive range no matter what. I live in a very warm climate where it's extremely hot and the a/c is always running on high (which can decrease distance on the Energi battery.) Yet I still get a combined average 67 MPG in the city and 87 on the highway. The brilliant Sony touchscreen display is impressive and having the ability to do almost any hands free command you can imagine with SYNC is quite nice. For a Hybrid, this is one impressive car that people will notice.

Energi

by HHboat from Plainview, NY | July 1, 2013

This rather expensive car has some software problems and there really in no customer support available from Ford.The only support vappears to be from customers. The totally inadequate owners manual DOES NOT HELP AT ALL. The problems remain unfixed and there is no real hope of a fix as Ford is too distant from its customers to care.Calls for tech help produced no viable rersponse

large on outside, but small on inside

by car buff, energy conscious from | June 18, 2013

How did Ford build such a large car on the outside and manage to make the inside feel like a compact. Large enter console robs hip room. The door sills are wide and they are sloped towards the inside. The results are narrow foot space, especially in the rear. I would not want to sit in the back seat of this car for >30 minutes and I am only 5'9". On a positive note, absolutely love the outside design. Once of the best looking cars available. Handling and quietness are first rate. Front eat comfort is good to very good but the passenger seat could use power adjustable lumbar support. Also, one must be careful loading the small trunk. The lid and latch will hit you in your head.