2015 Ford Fusion Energi

40 city / 36 hwy

Overall

2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

by Irvine78 from Orange County, CA | August 3, 2015

I've owned a 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium model for little over 5 months. For the first 2 months, I've been driving about 80 miles a day in a commute, and I wasn't able to charge when I arrived at work. I saved my EV range until I drove home in the afternoon, when the traffic is actually far worse. So far, I've driven about 9000 miles and the car is averaging about 85 MPG. Last couple of months, I was able to charge from all of my work locations and I've seen monthly MPG jump to as much as 200 MPG. The average MPG would be much higher, had I been able to charge the car at one of my work locations, but that said, a midsize car that can accommodate 5 adults, this is an excellent value. The EV range (the distance this car can go with electricity only) from the factory is about 21 miles. I've been getting that and more, especially when I am carefully with the acceleration and brake early and gently to take full advantage of regen braking. On my average commute, I can add anywhere between 3-8 miles of regen miles to the exiting range. I've seen my EV range grow to as much as 34 miles, however, it's not abnormal for me to see range of 30 miles on frequent basis. If you're cranking on the A/C alot, you'll take a hit in the range but still, the penalty of using the A/C does not greatly hinder the range all that much (2-3 miles reduction as soon as the A/C kicks in). If your commute is less than 20 miles or so a day, this means you'd never have to use any gas to and from work and the range you can get out of a single gas tank would be well, infinite. I've been averaging about 1500-2000 miles per tank. The car has a 14 gallon tank. I've seen cases where people have gone more than a year before they had to fill up the car, but I'm thinking that's a bit extreme and one must have really short commute and they have charging stations everywhere they go. I have been filling up once every 2 months now for the past couple of months. The trunk of this car is really small. Some people have been reporting that they did not purchase this car because of the size of the trunk. It will fit a standard size golf bag (minus your long drivers and hybrids), a large suitcase and plenty of groceries for my wife and I. But if this is your only car and you need to carry more, then reconsider. Perhaps then, you would want to look into purchasing a Ford Fusion Hybrid, Ford C-MAX Hybrid or maybe even a Toyota Prius (which my wife has and we've been using this car for our IKEA runs). So far, I like this car. ALOT. It's nice to see that I do not need to fill up every week (such was the case with my 2004 G35) for the same commute, and the fact that around town, I can go almost anywhere without having to burn any of my gas. It's addicting to drive this car, not because of the sheer acceleration (it's not a Tesla Model S P85D), but the fact that you have the choice of staying in EV mode and seeing your real life MPG grow and grow into something a conventional car can't attain. The savings in your wallet for not making the stop is REAL. And if you wanted to drive to Las Vegas or even farther, you can do that without the fear of range anxiety. It's the best of both worlds, for now.

Better Gas Mileage than a Prius Plug In

by Vermont Driver from Montpelier, vt | July 13, 2015

I have a had my 2015 Fusion Energi Plug In for about 30 days. I have driven over 2,000 miles in a very short period of time. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Gas Mileage is averaging 59.5 MPG with 2,000 miles of driving & occasionally plugging it in. If I plugged it in religiously it would be much better. My first drive home from the dealership was 82.5 MPG.The build quality, ride, gas mileage, and comfort have blown me away! I drove Toyota's for years and have not driven a Ford for probably fifteen years. Do yourself a favor and if you are looking at a Prus Plug in, you should at least drive the Fusion Plug In Energi so you can see the huge differences yourself. I get 25 miles of purely electric driving, versus 11 with the Prius Plug in. Right there is a tremendous difference, over twice the electric range. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, THIS CAR!!!!!

Very reliable

by Esel from Chester, VA | April 7, 2015

This is my second fusion and I was very pleased with the first and am, so far, very pleased with this one. I looked at other brands and made this my choice. I only wish it had fog lights to which I became accustomed on my previous fusion. Otherwise I'm very happy with this car.

Great Car!

by Laura from HB | March 26, 2015

I love my new 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium! The car is amazingly smooth, incredible gas mileage, awesome technology. I bought mine from Huntington Beach Ford and dealt with two great guys...Mike Foster and Dan Lucha...go get yours from them, they are good guys?