The Ford Fusion Hybrid is based on the Fusion midsize sedan and gets an EPA-estimated 42 mpg in combined city/highway driving. It also has a sleek design and many available driver-assistance features. Competitors include hybrid versions of the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord as well as the diesel-powered Volkswagen Passat TDI. Ford also sells a plug-in hybrid version called the Fusion Energi.
(Skip to details on the: Fusion Energi)
New for 2015
A backup camera is now standard. A Terracotta Package for SE and Titanium trim levels includes terracotta leather-trimmed seats and door inserts, premium floor mats and 17-inch alloy wheels. SE models gain a six-way power passenger seat while the Titanium adds a 10-way power passenger seat.
The below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights; available fog lights
- Available power moonroof
- Available rear spoiler
- Hybrid-specific gauge cluster
- Automatic air conditioning
- Cruise control; adaptive cruise control available
- Cloth seats; leather available
- Folding backseat
- Available MyFord Touch multimedia system
- Available navigation system
- Available active park assist
Under the Hood
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder gas engine and electric motor make a combined 188 horsepower
- Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission
- Lithium-ion battery powers the electric motor
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Backup camera
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front knee airbags
- Backup camera
- Available inflatable rear seat belts
- Available lane departure warning and prevention
- Available blind spot warning system with rear cross-traffic alert
At full charge, the Fusion Energi is capable of traveling up to 19 miles on electric power with a combined total range of around 550 miles. It can reach speeds up to 85 mph in electric-only mode, according to Ford.
- Powertrain is similar to Fusion Hybrid but features a larger battery
- Can be charged by a 240- or 120-volt power source
- Trunk space drops from the Fusion Hybrid's 12 cubic feet to 8.2 cubic feet because of the larger battery
- Stop-start technology, low-rolling-resistance tires and regenerative braking for increased fuel efficiency
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi.