2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Outstanding gas milage

by FFH enthusiast from Kansas | August 8, 2013

Great car to drive. Handles well and good acceleration. Getting 40mpg average. Got 67 mpg on 3 mile trip to work today. MPG will dip if drive aggressive so it is up to you how well you do with mpg. Took a 800 mile road trip averaging 75 to 80 mph and still averaged 33 to 34 miles per gallon. I have owned 750 series BMW, Land Rover, Acura... and am very happy with the quality of the Fusion Hybrids.

Blew away my impression of hybrids!

by Former gearhead from Chicago | July 9, 2013

I went from a V6 Nissan Maxima to the Fusion Hybrid with the idea that I'd be giving up a lot of performance. While it won't blow others off the line, this hybrid is quite respectable. The 4-cylinder gas engine packs a good punch when you throttle, plus the electric engine can keep you cruising with traffic at city speeds. Handling is as good as my old Maxima -- tight and firm. This car is loaded with all the goodies except nav, and forthe money is a great value. I'd recommed the Fusion Hybrid for those who want to go hybrid, but still want to enjoy the driving experience!

When Audi met Prius

by Suburban New Yorker from Suburban NYC | February 24, 2013

Adore this car. My husband calls me a New England hippie. He is a whitebread executive with an appreciation for luxury and performance. In this car, we've found a car that scratches both of our itches. This car is solid. It purrs. The ride is firm, the acceleration delicious. Love the heated leather seats and my moon roof. The mpg is, of course, lower than that of my Prius. But I feel safer, I can move on the road if I need to (I live in north Jersey!), and when I go over bumps, I don't worry about leaving part of the car behind. I didn't buy it for the sound system or the back up camera/blind spot detector, but these increase my pleasure in the car. I feel pampered. The husband says this car is as good as, or better than, the Audi. Seriously! And I know the maintenance costs and reliability are going to be worlds better. Toyota did a great thing by setting the bar high for fuel economy. They brought their idea mainstream. And now Ford and others have jumped into the game. I am looking forward to how competition will push car manufacturerers to shoot higher and higher, and my current mpg looks puny.

Very nice car but............

by First Time Ford owner! from Akron, Ohio | January 26, 2013

I have owned the car for about a month now. I have driven almost 2k miles. The car is comfortable and the mileage is definitely an improvement to the 2002 it is replacing. I seem to be averaging 33mpg. its not the 35-40 that is advertised on Fords or the GOV fuel efficiency website. The Sync system is nice once you get it setup. Setup is a little tricky, since you do not find your phone thru the Bluetooth settings. I also find using a regular GPS in the window to be more convenient then the navigator on Sync. The radio seems to lack much in displayed information. My 2002 would display the radio station call letters and the song being played. The Focus displays nothing but the channel number. Since the Hybrid has the high voltage batteries under the rear seat, there is a definite lack of truck space and you can not put down the seat for more space. The car feels like it could have been stretched in the back to be a sort of station wagon, something kinda like they did with the Focus. This car also has less trunk space than my 2002. Overall I am happy with the car, since no car can be all things.

great value

by bo from california | December 30, 2012

we got a ford fusion hybrid to replace the gas model of the 2010 ford fusion sel that was totled. the only area that is mildly disappointing was in the gas mileage. the sel got 25mpg around town and just under 38 on long trips. The 2010 hybrid gets around 36 in town and 37 on long trips. The hybrid is a joy to drive, quieter, and more responsive due to the electric motor on accelleration. the sel had leather seats while the hybrid comes standard with cloth seats, and backup sensors.. the sensors are a nice feature. great car, granted it only had 20 k miles. The hybrid is simply better bang for the buck.

Value for the money

by jjb from Houston, TX | June 25, 2012

50,000 miles on 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid and have averaged 42.5 mpg. Does not look like typical hybrid. Great car.

Best vehicle ever driven

by LOVE MY HYBRID! from DFW Area, TX | June 13, 2012

I bought this car in mid 2009 - 3 years ago. Without a doubt, this is the best car I have ever driven. It's classy and comfortable and it has an enormous amount of luxurious features. I drive mostly highway miles so my average MPG may be a little less than some but I will take 34.5 MPG anytime! Everyone who gets in it, loves it. It has almost 80,000 miles and has had no mechanical problems. It rides like a dream. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Drive for a living

by Drive for a living from Berwick, PA | June 5, 2012

Was looking to save the company I work for some money in fuel costs. At a projected 36mpg was going to save $3,500.00/yr. I am averaging 40mpg...Comfort, styling, performance all A+++. Only gripe is Sync phone volumn.

Love my Fusion Hybrid

by Catbird60 from Tucson, AZ | March 12, 2012

I have had Camry's for the last twelve years, but this time we decided to buy Ford since their quality was really improving and we wanted to buy total American. We bought hybrid because it was time. We're averaging 40 mpg in a very comfortable vehicle, love the way it looks and the handling is superb. My husband and his long legs is even comfortable and keeps telling me how glad he is we bought it. We're enjoying the electronic dash panel which helps us drive more economically while having fun doing it. We're very satisfied.

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, best car I have owned

by fugitive from Fort Worth, TX | February 6, 2012

I love my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. It gets the advertised milage and more. With a little change in driving habits I can beat this. This is easy due to the dashboard displays. Careful you don't look at the display and forget the road because it has a lot of information for you to use. It has great comfort and a great ride. I have all the options, including remote start, except the sunroof and spoiler. I have the sync and love the hands free phone option. Hook up a MP3 or sync to a Bluetooth device, it all great. I will buy another one when I wear this one out.