2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Available in 1 styles:  2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr FWD Sedan shown

41 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Excellent towed vehicle and for around town!

by Dessert 1st from Anderson, SC | February 2, 2014

We bought the 2011 Fusion Hybrid because research said it could be towed behind our motorhome. We also wanted a town car that got good gas mileage. Our Fusion Hybrid has exceeded our expectations on performance and comfort. The ride is smooth and quiet. Controls are useable, but take a little learning because of the integrated electrical controls. It also came with many more features than we expected, which we LOVE. The back-up camera is much more useful than I anticipated - and I am used to them from having RV's. Proximity sensors have already saved us a few dings. The styling and materials are average, not unique or high-end but nice and functional. The trunk is easy to get things in and out and has moderate capacity. We would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Ford Fusion-new experience

by Grandma from Roseburg, OR. | November 15, 2013

I had not particularly looked for a hybrid, but the low mileage and the condition of the car appealed to me. The remaining warranty was definitely a plus.

Nice car that is also a hybrid

by Practical environmentalist from Kansas City | February 23, 2013

I've had this car for about a month, and so far I'm very pleased with it. It drives very well as a car, which is the main reason for buying a car. On top of that the hybrid system works well and allows me to be conscientious of my gas utilization. I'm generally driving more conservatively now as I work to maximize the electric vehicle mode usage (no gas). It is a bit of a game, seeing how far I can go all electric and pushing to maximize the trip MPG. We'll see how long this lasts, but I'm sure it will impact my long-term driving habits. I can get 40+ MPG for individual trips and have approached 40 MPG for a tank of gas. But when I am running late for something, I can ignore economy and drive aggressively. The car handles this very well. Of course MPG suffers, but at these times this isn't my primary concern. So the car adapts to what I need. Even during this style driving the MPG stays in the 34 MPG range, which is very good. All of these MPG numbers have been during cold weather. I'm curious to see how it works in more moderate temperatures. As for comfort, the car is very spacious. I'm 6'3" and work with several people taller than myself. But I've easily driven 5 adults to lunch in comfort. The trunk is a little small, so that could be a concern for some people. But it holds everything I have wanted to put in it so far. The Sync system works well after a little tweaking. Initially my iPod with 12,000 songs choked it. But switching to a USB stick with just a few thousand songs got it going. I also needed to update the firmware to the latest to get it to be able to read texts from my paired Galaxy S III (hint: upgrade, un-pair, then re-pair to get it to work). But now I'm quite satisfied with how it works. So far my only gripe is fairly minor. I went to replace a burned-out headlight and discovered that it really isn't consumer friendly -- you basically have to remove the bumper assembly to get to it. So I had a shop do it instead. Not a major thing, I guess I need to get used to higher-tech cars requiring specialists to do most maintenance. It also handled itself pretty well during a heavy (8") snow. The factory tires did spin out on packed snow when I was partially caught in a snow bank, but I wouldn't expect much more from any sedan. I couldn't quite get it to "rock" out due to the traction control system kicking in. But eventually (with a little shoveling assistance) I got out. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the car. It is a good practical hybrid, and a good car in general.

Can't beat this deal

by Former SUV driver from Chicago, IL | June 12, 2012

I bought my fully loaded Fusion just over a year ago and have put over 10k miles on it and am very happy. What other family size car can you buy and get a consistent 40+ miles per gallon. Ford stepped up their game and produced a quality car for an affordable price. I don't drive conservatively and still get great gas mileage. The mileage does drop some to about 36 on highway, or if you turn on the AC, or during cold Chicago winters. Still not bad for a car of its size. Pros: Great mileage Comfortable seats Great navigation(get Sirius) Smooth ride Sharp design Well designed controls Cons: Initial acceleration lacking Average size trunk(manageable though) Average handling

Ford Fusion Hybrids are Great!

by Driver from Virginia | January 1, 2012

My 2011 hybird has aprox 7K and is great on the fuel, with the weather being 32 deg, getting 36.7 mpg, notice using less heater places it in hybrid mode, during the summer months 38 MPG, the rear door lock sticks, and one light on the push button entry pad is on and on at times, other then that great ride, love the blind spot warnings, and the rear carmera. my rating and 9 of 10 the dash speedo should have been electronicly displayed.

Hybrids still not worth the money

by 2bit from P-City | December 26, 2011

I like a lot about this car. Styling is nice for the interior and exterior. The car is 2 years old with 23K and no problems. I never would have gotten the car without alll of the tax incentives for the hybrid motor. It seems that the electric motor will always cross over when you move from a stop and does not go very far below 40% charge without clicking to gas. All things considered, I love the car, but should have gone with the 4 cylinder and pocketed the cash differrence. Looking to reflash the chip if an improvement comes out.

What a savings

by Thrilled Fusion Hybrid Owner from Ashburn, VA | October 31, 2011

I have a long commute every day and have gone from buying three tanks of gas a week to only buying one. This car is great and is basically paying for itself. The features are great – the sound system is awesome and the sync feature for using an Ipod and cell phone “hands free” is great. The heated leather seats are a great comfort on a cold day. The safety features are also a comfort.

A Man's Car

by Bousquet from Canada | September 29, 2011

I work for a very large entity and we have a fleet of hundred's of vehicles such as Impala, Camry Hybrid, Civic Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid and a few Police Interceptors. I have driven all of the above models and the Fusion is my favourite to drive. Way better handling and styling than the Camry. Way above the Civic at all levels. It is definitely a fun car to drive and it does look very good. The whole futuristic dashboard makes it feel like an incredibly advanced machine which is actually what it is and what it should be like. Thumbs up Ford!!!

The real ultimate driving machine

by Buckeye Pete from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. | July 8, 2011

Have had my 2011 Fusion Hybrid for 6 weeks and absolutely love this car. It is extremely quite and smooth as silk. Purchased the model with leather, navigation, back up camera and upgraded stereo because it was the only one available. These options and SYNC make this a truly luxury vehicle. Have driven 2400 miles with equal highway and city driving and average about 37 mph. City is about 40 and highway is around 40. A smaller car may have a better overall dollar value for basic transportation but this car feels like a $50,000 car and I feel it is a great choice for return on investment.

Commute Reward

by The Pelican and The Rose from San Francisco Bay Area | June 1, 2011

The Rose got a new job 50 miles away and it was time to replace the 97 Civic. We looked at the Prius, the Civic Hybrid, and the mid-sized hybrids from Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Hyundai. The Ford had the best combination of comfort, fuel efficiency, driveability, navigation assistance, and sportiness (especially with red exterior and black interior). After five days with the new car, we're both very satisfied, and the commute seems a lot less stressful.