2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

44 city / 41 hwy

Overall

2013 Fusion Hybrid Doing Great After 18 Months

by Graham from South Florida | July 20, 2014

I got my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid in January 2013. It now has over 30 thousand miles on it and is running great. The gas mileage I get is sometimes as high as 48 miles per gallon and sometimes down to 42 miles per gallon. It depends on how I drive. After a while you learn how to drive to get the most optimal mileage. I love this vehicle and am very glad I purchased it. The 2013 Fusion Hybrid looks great, runs great and is very comfortable.

Updated Review- Gas Mileage improved to 42.6 MPG

by New Fusion LOVER from Woodhaven Michigan | May 8, 2014

I have owned this car for about two months now. I bought it new. It started out getting around 41MPG when it was right out of the showroom. It has improved to 42.6. If you are not getting over 40MPG I would strongly recommend making sure you have the latest software update, that you use the "Engage" feature and the "Brake Coach". When you maximize your braking, it significantly boosts your gas mileage. While using those features I average around 50 MPG around town. This car loves traffic jams. The car is not the most solid feeling car, but its a lighter car for gas efficiency so... I would definitely rate this car FIVE STARS overall and HIGHLY recommend even though it does not get the rated 47MPG. 42.5 overall is still pretty commendable!

updated Review

by One year old fusion hybrid from Orlando, FL | April 20, 2014

After one year and 15,000 miles, the gas mileage of my fusion hybrid only gets better. I am now getting 50 mpg on average. I always follow the onscreen coaching and find it very easy to get great gas mileage. Reviewers who are not getting great gas mileage must not be driving the car as recommended. A great car purchase for me, and I plan to have this car for years. Others love the look of this car. I do too, but I also love have a good size hybrid and paying a lot less at the gas pump!

Excellent Car, Rides great and has power!

by Zoomie from Alabama | April 8, 2014

I have owned car for a year and 35,000 miles. Gas mileage is from 48 in town to 40 on highway at 70 mph. The software upgrade gives the battery only up to 85 mph instead of 62. This Car is FAST, rides nice and looks great. I love how when in traffic the electric motor assist propels you much faster. When the Ice storm had me stuck in traffic for 5 hours without moving I only used 1 gal of gas!

Estimated MPG is a JOKE

by JOHN from Bethlehem, Georgia | February 22, 2014

Special ordered the car in Titanium Trim and had to wait 5 months to get the car. In town my wife gets about 40 mpg, but on the highway at highway speeds, I'm lucky to get 35 mpg. Most of our trips are to South Florida and all highway at 65 to 70 mph. We had the update done and we gained 1/2 mpg. Other than the MPG we love the car, but FORD owes us all a large REBATE as we could have bought the regular Fusion gas model and got the same if not better highway mileage and got ALL of the incentives Ford was offering on the Fusion excluding the Hybrid.

Great car but might as well buy a camry

by Shop-a-holic from Dallas, TX | February 3, 2014

I purchased a pre-owned 2013 Hybrid and expected to get the EPA 47mpg, but after 3 weeks and hwy/city driving, I never even reached 40mpg. Even with conservative driving, my average was 38.5. Considering the price and the misrepresentation of the mpg, I decided to trade it back in for a more consistent hybrid. Besides the mpg, this is a great car but don't expect to get 47.

2013 Fusion Hybrid Mileage Joke

by Normal Driver from Normal IL | February 3, 2014

Let me start by saying, I really like the look of this car and was really hoping that this was the start of great things from Ford, boy was I disappointed. We have had this car for a year and have heard all the excuses... You will get better mileage as it gets older, well we used to get around 37 miles per gallon and now thanks to the Ford recall to "tweak the mileage" we get around 31-33 MPG. I would never waist my money on another Hybrid. In fact as deceptive as Ford's advertising is, I am not sure I could ever buy another Ford.

Nice but deceptive

by Trout from Northwest Arkansas | January 31, 2014

There are things I really love about this car but that has been offset with some degree of dissapointment. The car is very comfortable and handles well but the advertized EPA fuel efficiency is misleading. The actual fuel efficiency so far, (about 39 MPG) has been almost 20% lower than the advertized mileage of 47 MPG. It appears that using things like a heater or air conditioner dramatically reduces fuel economy??? Who drives a car without a heater in the winter time? I suspect that there are gas driven cars that get close to this without the added hassle or potential maintenance issues associated with hybrids. If I could do it over I would probably not buy this vehicle because it now appears that the fuel advantage promised is not there and the small advantage over a gas only vehicle is not enough to warrant the added cost or potential problems.

Mileage scam

by Fusionconfusion from Virginia | January 13, 2014

Mileage is a scam. Rated at 47, when taken to the dealer they tested my Fusion at 34.7. This is the dealer test. The trim is not flush. Was told by the dealer this the way all the Fusions are. For a $30,000 car this is ridiculous. Don't count on getting close to the mpg Ford tries to sell you with.

So far, so good

by Car Consumer from Colorado Springs, CO | December 30, 2013

We've had the FFH since January and put ~9500 miles on it (It replaced our 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid). We have averaged 47.8 mpg over the life of this mid-sze car. As previous hybrid owners, we are quite cognizant of the many variables necessary to achieve this (driving habits, hills, your tires size and type, weather/temp, etc.), but are thrilled that this car will also move quickly when needed. Our Honda had ~100 hp versus the 188 hp of the FFH. If you reasonably accelerate and brake, you will get great mileage - if not you'll get good mileage. The car is attractive and well made, and we are pleased with the modern amenities for the money.