2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Starting MSRP

47 city / 47 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

updated Review

by One year old fusion hybrid from Orlando, FL | April 20, 2014

After one year and 15,000 miles, the gas mileage of my fusion hybrid only gets better. I am now getting 50 mpg on average. I always follow the onscreen coaching and find it very easy to get great gas mileage. Reviewers who are not getting great gas mileage must not be driving the car as recommended. A great car purchase for me, and I plan to have this car for years. Others love the look of this car. I do too, but I also love have a good size hybrid and paying a lot less at the gas pump!

Excellent Car, Rides great and has power!

by Zoomie from Alabama | April 8, 2014

I have owned car for a year and 35,000 miles. Gas mileage is from 48 in town to 40 on highway at 70 mph. The software upgrade gives the battery only up to 85 mph instead of 62. This Car is FAST, rides nice and looks great. I love how when in traffic the electric motor assist propels you much faster. When the Ice storm had me stuck in traffic for 5 hours without moving I only used 1 gal of gas!

Estimated MPG is a JOKE

by JOHN from Bethlehem, Georgia | February 22, 2014

Special ordered the car in Titanium Trim and had to wait 5 months to get the car. In town my wife gets about 40 mpg, but on the highway at highway speeds, I'm lucky to get 35 mpg. Most of our trips are to South Florida and all highway at 65 to 70 mph. We had the update done and we gained 1/2 mpg. Other than the MPG we love the car, but FORD owes us all a large REBATE as we could have bought the regular Fusion gas model and got the same if not better highway mileage and got ALL of the incentives Ford was offering on the Fusion excluding the Hybrid.

Great car but might as well buy a camry

by Shop-a-holic from Dallas, TX | February 3, 2014

I purchased a pre-owned 2013 Hybrid and expected to get the EPA 47mpg, but after 3 weeks and hwy/city driving, I never even reached 40mpg. Even with conservative driving, my average was 38.5. Considering the price and the misrepresentation of the mpg, I decided to trade it back in for a more consistent hybrid. Besides the mpg, this is a great car but don't expect to get 47.

2013 Fusion Hybrid Mileage Joke

by Normal Driver from Normal IL | February 3, 2014

Let me start by saying, I really like the look of this car and was really hoping that this was the start of great things from Ford, boy was I disappointed. We have had this car for a year and have heard all the excuses... You will get better mileage as it gets older, well we used to get around 37 miles per gallon and now thanks to the Ford recall to "tweak the mileage" we get around 31-33 MPG. I would never waist my money on another Hybrid. In fact as deceptive as Ford's advertising is, I am not sure I could ever buy another Ford.

Nice but deceptive

by Trout from Northwest Arkansas | January 31, 2014

There are things I really love about this car but that has been offset with some degree of dissapointment. The car is very comfortable and handles well but the advertized EPA fuel efficiency is misleading. The actual fuel efficiency so far, (about 39 MPG) has been almost 20% lower than the advertized mileage of 47 MPG. It appears that using things like a heater or air conditioner dramatically reduces fuel economy??? Who drives a car without a heater in the winter time? I suspect that there are gas driven cars that get close to this without the added hassle or potential maintenance issues associated with hybrids. If I could do it over I would probably not buy this vehicle because it now appears that the fuel advantage promised is not there and the small advantage over a gas only vehicle is not enough to warrant the added cost or potential problems.

Mileage scam

by Fusionconfusion from Virginia | January 13, 2014

Mileage is a scam. Rated at 47, when taken to the dealer they tested my Fusion at 34.7. This is the dealer test. The trim is not flush. Was told by the dealer this the way all the Fusions are. For a $30,000 car this is ridiculous. Don't count on getting close to the mpg Ford tries to sell you with.

So far, so good

by Car Consumer from Colorado Springs, CO | December 30, 2013

We've had the FFH since January and put ~9500 miles on it (It replaced our 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid). We have averaged 47.8 mpg over the life of this mid-sze car. As previous hybrid owners, we are quite cognizant of the many variables necessary to achieve this (driving habits, hills, your tires size and type, weather/temp, etc.), but are thrilled that this car will also move quickly when needed. Our Honda had ~100 hp versus the 188 hp of the FFH. If you reasonably accelerate and brake, you will get great mileage - if not you'll get good mileage. The car is attractive and well made, and we are pleased with the modern amenities for the money.

After one year, I am still very happy

by chadjack from Southern California | December 18, 2013

I have owned the Fusion Hybrid for one year now and I am still very happy with this car. The mileage is great, the ride is comfortable and quite, and I am still learning new things about this vehicle. The only complaints I would have with this vehicle is that the moon roof motor went out (was quickly replaced by dealer) and sometimes the SYNC acts funny (blacks out or reboots while in use). Both have no effect on the vehicle itself, just the hassle of not having the car while it was repaired. I am averaging a solid 39 MPGs and I am far from a light foot.

Great Car

by Starnesc from Tallahassee, FL | December 5, 2013

I had searched for months reviewing all the hybrids out and this is the one that fit our family the best. We have 3 children(two of them teenagers) and all fit comfortably in the rear seats. I love the styling of this new model for 2013. I feel it is the sportiest of all the hybrid cars out right now. I love the instrument panel and all that it tells you that is going on with the car. Its like playing a video game trying to balance the battery time and gas engine time. Very quiet compared to the Prius V which we test drove as well. Little more interier room than the Prius V and more trunk space. You will not be disappointed with a purchase of this vehicle. Just make sure you keep your software up to date so that your gas mileage stays up in the 40's.