2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid

44 city / 41 hwy

Overall

False Advertising

by Hustled from DFW | August 21, 2014

Bought a new Ford Fusion Hybrid - Titanium. Based on my experience, I'll never buy another vehicle from Park Cities Ford or a Ford vehicle again. I had your standard "run of the mill" car buying experience of it being a complete pain on top of just flat out being lied to. FYI, you'll get a lot of support from the sales team if you feel out the survey with a negative response. So save that until the last day of your eligibility time frame to fill that out. I didn't get any support after my vehicle broke down 72 hrs after I drove it off the lot. Once I completed that survey, the GM suddenly became annoying interested in helping me for the SOLE purpose of getting me to fill out another survey giving them a "Satisfactory" rating. He even went to the extent to give me the guilt trip of people's pay being effected by my survey. He didn't seem too concerned about my recent lemon purchase. The vehicle has great technology and looks nice. The overall performance of the vehicle is terrible and the premium you pay for the hybrid is not worth the cost of gas savings. Ultimately, the sticker misrepresented the actual MPH. It claimed 47 mpg when I bought the vehicle, they recently revised that to 42 mph but I'm only getting 34mph. I drive 3 miles to work every morning and am a conservative driver. I would like to think the "hybrid" vehicle with a 4-cyclinder could do better than 34mph. All in all, I'm UNSATISFIED the support team surrounding Ford has not been pleasant to the point of the call center telling me if wasn't worth my time asking for a manager because they would read the same script.

Ford….Not your grandfather company

by Restaurant Guy from Irvine, CA | August 1, 2014

The last Ford I had was in 1975. Ford had their issues! When I was looking for a Hybrid I went to many dealerships. I chose the Ford Fusion SE Hybrid as the looks great, it is fully loaded and drives & preforms very well. The gas consumption compared to my BMW is about 40% of what I spend on gas. THANK YOU FORD!!

kinda disapointed

by smokestack from ohio | June 30, 2014

I geuss I should have bought a Lincoln, 38. 5 avg and I would have had the name status and better warranty than the titiamium fusion

Best Car I've Ever owned

by Mr. Satisfied from West Wildwood, NJ | June 20, 2014

I bought a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. I've had it for 14 months and thought others might want to know how that model did. I love it. I get 45+ MPG. Its a quiet, smooth ride. There have been no mechanical issues. I take it to Ford for routine maintenance. AC cools car quickly. Heater is good. Great brakes. Great acceleration when you stomp on it to enter traffic. I'm 54, so the factory radio is fine, but for the 20+/- year olds, the volume might not be loud enough. Heated leather seats are a must if you live in an area that has actual winter weather. I also recommend the remote starter. When the car starts, the doors lock - good safety feature. Good trunk space for a hybrid - back seats fold down so the fishing rods can go on the trip. I could not be more positive about this car.

Too soon to tell

by Skyrocket from Western PA | June 16, 2014

I've had the car for less than a month. so far so good, better than I expected. I am going on a road trip in 2 weeks. Then I will have a better feel for the car.

Exceeded Expectations

by Jimmy Johns from Cincinnati, OH | May 16, 2014

I bought an SE model, which is (in my opinion) worth the extra money for a few upgraded features. With that added in, the value was still outstanding. This car is a real head-turner. I've gotten quite a few comments since I've bought it, and no one believes that I've gotten nearly 50 mpg in a car this size and that looks this good. My only complaint is that the headrest is awkwardly shaped/oriented so that it pushes your head foreward when extended up. However, the 6-way adjustable seats (an upgrade option) make the ride otherwise very comfortable to just about any driver. I've had passengers in the front and back, and everyone's made it a point to mention how comfortable and spacious the vehicle is. Everyone loves the speaker system and Sync stereo system. The gauge display is great--it shows you exactly how your driving is affecting your fuel efficiency, and gives you a readout of how well you drove when you get out. While I may be in the minority in having owned only compact cars (Focus, Accent, Corolla) prior to my new Fusion, I'm still amazed at how small the car handles. It stops on a dime and can hold a tight turn radius. I'm a very happy owner.

Excellent car

by US Buyer from California | May 8, 2014

I researched for a long time before settling on very few candidates, and Ford Fusion Hybrid being one of them. After purchasing, I found almost everything to be meeting or exceeding expectations. First of all, the ride is very comfortable. The power seats with leather look and work very nicely. The noise for all driving conditions is low, and I was surprised how quiet it is even when I opened all windows on the road (the noise level is definitely much lower than a previous car I drove). The engine performs reasonably well. It accelerates quickly with just a little humming, and makes passing and lane changing easy. The average fuel economy has been meeting EPA estimates. Take note - while a new car has been in dealer's lot, turned on and off, and test driven for short distances, the avg MPG on the dashboard may show just 10 - 20, which is to be expected. Under normal driving after I took ownership, each trip (based on the summary shown in the car for a few seconds after turning off ignition) has been in the high 30s or 40s MPG. The interior design is good, functional, and easy to use, except that some touch buttons are overly sensitive. The touch screen is fine, though. Exterior styling is also nice, and I think it can withstand the test of time. Overall it is an excellent car to have at $30k range!

LOVE THIS CAR!

by tjwhenley from Dallas, TX | April 29, 2014

Bought the car on Friday morning and left on a 4 hour road trip the same day. I figured if I did not like the car, we would know by the end of the weekend. Gas mileage on the first tank was not what was hoping for however, I have filled up 3 times since then and gas mileage (calculated manually) has gone up each time, with the last one being 42+ mpg. I am happy with that as my former car was a Prius and while advertised to get 51, I rarely got over 47 without upsetting everyone else on the road. Love everything about the car; ride is great, feature rich, mpg, quiet, looks, etc. My wife does not like that the passenger seat tilts slightly to the rear, but that has been the only complaint. I think of places to go just to be able to drive it again. Wife has a new Cadillac and we both like taking this car rather than hers. Ride is as good, mileage is twice as good.

New Ford Owner

by djman from LaCrosse, WI | April 3, 2014

I have always had GM products, except for my truck (Dodge). After researching and test driving I bought my first Ford - the Fusion Hybrid SE. I picked it up on a Saturday and drove it to my daughters Dance Competition and back. The outside temp was 42 degrees and half of the trip was through hilly areas and the other half was interstate with rolling hills too. I was able to get 43.5 miles to the gallon on a new engine. Prior to this car I had a 2012 Malibu and was told it would take 10,000 to 15,000 miles to "break-in" to get the reported mileage - That never happend - why I switched to FORD. My first tank full I calculated the old fashioned way - divide the mileage since last fill up by the gallons of gas I put in and was VERY happy to see I got 45.4 miles to the gallon.

Incredible car

by Vinny1701 from New York City, NY | February 25, 2014

This is my 2nd Fusion, the first being a 2007 Fusion that I had for 200K miles. After one month of owning a brand new 2014 Fusion Hybrid, I cannot say enough good things about this car. It's more comfortable than my previous Fusion, which was very comfortable, and the technology in this new one blows my mind. From Bluetooth to turn-by-turn navigation (which is far superior to my previous Magellan GPS), this car is everything I would want. My present MPG, which started out at 34.2, is now 36.9 and it goes up every week. On one 21-mile trip in NYC from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn to Jamaica, Queens, 13.7 miles was done on the electric motor for a total MPG of 45.1. On a 90 mile trip on the Taconic Parkway I took this past weekend, which is infamous for being very pretty, very hilly and somewhat unforgiving if you're not paying attention, I averaged 44.1 MPG with the cruise control set to 58 MPH. Presently, filling up my 13.5 gallon tank will get me a total of 514 miles. I expect as the weather gets warmer, my mileage will increase...and I couldn't be happier.