2006 Ford Fusion

Available in 5 styles:  2006 Ford Fusion 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great mid size

by FCB from Erie, Pa. | July 20, 2013

We have a 6 cyl. Fusion. Fuel mileage is 23 city and 29 highway. We replaced a Toyota Camry with this and I tell you the fusion is a much better car. Had lots of problems with Camry, no problems with this Fusion. We are 2nd owner and have 102,000 miles on it. Had 57,000 at purchase. Our 6cyl. Malibu we had before we bought the Camry got 2 - 3 MPG better than this Ford (my daughter has the Malibu -176.000 on it). Our next car will be either a Fusion or a Malibu. Both great cars. Will not ever buy another Toyota, why when the American car are as good or better.

This car is a BEAST !!!!

by tristan from Washington, DC | May 17, 2012

First off, let me start by saying I'm in sales, so I drive a lot. I'm very hard on my cars, and few hold up. This Ford has been amazing! I bought it with 65,000 miles on it and put another 45,000 on it over the next year. I have had zero problems! Not one. This is the only car I've owned that I can say that. Love it! Great job Ford!

extremely reliable

by Blue from Marshall , Texas | November 14, 2011

I have driven this car nearly 86,000 miles and still no factory recalls and i only had to put a new battery and that was at like 56,000 so far I belive Ford has steped up to the plate and hit a HOME RUN big time. I have had a minor issue on the ac, but it was fixed some relay switch . I do see Fusions all over the place now. If you looking for a dependable vehicle, try a fusion.

Life Saver, Literally!

by Missing My Fusion from Akron, OH | September 3, 2011

I was just in a car crash today, in my month old Ford Fusion. I wasn't paying enough attention and wasn't able to completely see the road which I made the awful mistake of pulling out onto. I was t-boned by another car doing 45mph. If it wasn't for my wonderful, amazing car that could just handle it, I may not be here right now.

I loved it

by Mackadanian from Virginia Beach, VA | August 31, 2011

my mom had this car for 2 years until a drunkdriver hit her she camed out alive safe good for an beginner driver my sister learned how to drive in the car rode smooth very comfortable but since her was special made it had back massagers in the seat and it had an platinum body but if it was regular i bet you will love it

Good, but not great

by FC Bayern Fan from Newport News, VA | August 20, 2010

I like the way it looks, the interior comfort, and the good gas mileage. Where the car lacks is in handling and speed. It's a little slow off the line and it makes really wide turns. For the price it's definitely a good option and gives you more room than a civic or corolla would.

great commuter

by Zuzu's dad from Seacoast NH | March 31, 2010

Lots of room for up to five people, easy in and out for my elderly parents. Great highway cruiser, does a steady 75mph at 2500 rpm with four cylinder mileage, 28 mpg combined.

Amazing

by Allen from Louisville, TN | December 17, 2009

I am someone who likes nice things. I mean, who doesn't? I always had the newest tech, or wanted it, and more then likely I will continue the trend. When I was shopping for a new car for myself, I had a few things in mind. I wanted power -- something that had the ability to pick up and go. The Fusion has that, but is no Dodge Charger or Taurus SHO. Good gas millage. My wife has a long ways to work, so she needed a car. Her having an SUV makes us spend way more then needed on gas. Now she can drive my car, and save money. Plus, with rising gas prices it's nice to have the ability to go joy riding and not worry about breaking the bank. And finally, I wanted both style and room. And I got that. With a kid on the way, I needed a family car -- and a tall person can easily have a comfy ride in my Fusion. I just bought the car tonight, so when it comes to reliability I can't tell you. But I had a 97 Ford Ranger XLT (which if you didn't know also has a Mazada engine, similar to the Mazada3 -- just the ranger built for hauling while the M3 built for speed). The truck has 30k miles until it hits 200k miles driven. And it still runs fine. If thats not a testament to the Mazada brand, know that the Fusion is a Mazada6 with American styling (with a European flare). Since it has a lot of Mazada parts, that means the Fusion also has good handling. Which it really, really does. :-) All-in-all, this is a good buy and if your looking for a good sedan/family car, and wanna stay domestic (America) go for a Ford Fusion. BTW I have the SE model.

Great Car - Love it!!

by Bob from Sewell nj from Sewell,NJ | December 9, 2009

Bought this car in Aug. '09, and I absolutely love the way it handles. It is a 3 year old off lease vehicle with less than 36,000 miles. I made sure to check car fax and purchased an extended warranty for peace of mind. The Fusion is also a sharp looking car. We just came back from a 7 hour return road trip from Boston and it was very comfortable. The seats gave great support and made the long drive pleasurable. I have had the car 5 months so far and only paid for routine maintenance. I would recommend this car and would definitely buy another Fusion. The 2010 hybrid model will be my next used car, but I will wait a few years to see if receives a high rating and positive reviews.

Great car for the price

by zaltanna19 from Modesto, ca | March 25, 2008

I have the 2006 model and bought it gently used. It has been a great car for only 14K. We were actually trying to buy a Honda but the Honda salespeople were horrible to us and acted like they were selling some high end Italian brand instead of an overated Honda. We were only trying to buy a used 2005 basic Civic but they wanted nearly 17K for it. After dealing with them for a while we marched right over to another dealership down the street and immediatly saw this beauty. We had previously considered the Fusion but felt it was out of our league and weren't sure because it was a newly introduced model. But this car was the right price and the dealer was all too happy to sell it to us without the attitude. Overall, we enjoy this car. Don't like the turning radius or the "clicking" noise it makes when we turn sometimes (usually only occurs when we are parking the car and still doesn't do it all the time). We were told it was a manufacturer defect that will be fixed for the next model year. Couldn't understand why they wouldn't fix it on ours since it is still under warranty. You may need to push the dealer to fix it if you have a problem. Its not loud enough to bother us and it doesn't effect how the car handles. But aside from that we haven't had any problems of course it is still relativly new and under warranty so its reliability and longevity remains to be seen. We have the SE model and kinda wish it had more comfort gadgets (mp3 etc). This model only came with hubcaps which I feel cheapen the vehicle ( I think the 2007 model come with real wheels). We have taken long trips all around northern California and have been comfortable at all times. The comfort and look of the vehicle is way better than Honda and we thank our lucky stars everyday we ended up with this car.