2007 Ford Fusion

See Photos & Videos

Overall

No problems

by JJ from Canada | April 20, 2014

I bought my 2007 SEL V6 used, had 50,000 k on it when I got it. Today it has 111,000 K and all I do is Change the oil, filters, tranny flushes. Nice ride, lots of power, gook mpg. Always starts no matter how cold. I look after it and it does the same for me. Next car will be a Fusion I am sure.

engine problems

by Camielle from Chicago | March 31, 2014

Do not buy this year of model! i bought mine used with 84,000 in November. It's now March and I found out I need an entirely new engine !!!! I hate this car. It gets terrible gas mileage, the seats kill my back, and it's known for being defective. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR!

2nd worst car I ever owned

by Average Joe from Chicago | November 9, 2013

This car should not have had such a big engine for such a small car. The 3.0 engine is far to big for this car. I am getting on average 21 in the city and maybe 23 on the highway and this is terrible.

Started giving problems at 50,000 miles

by Former Toyota Owner from Alburtis, PA | October 1, 2013

At 50,000 miles the air conditioning unit broke. One day I turned it on and I felt like it wasn't working. I took it to the dealer who had it for a full 3-4 days and my car needed four parts and my total bill was $950 plus I had to pay for a rental car. And then at 51,000 miles I couldn't get out of my door one day. The door handle broke and just the door handle costs $60 with tax from the dealer and luckily I have someone to put in in for me otherwise I'd probably have to pay a lot at the dealer. Other than this, I have had not any major problems. The seat belt does not retract all the way and was like that this when I bought the car with 20-something thousand miles. And the car feels like the steering wheel shakes when I drive. I own a V6.

149,000 Miles, Ready To Die

by FusionOwnerLady from Austin, TX | July 25, 2013

I bought my 2007 fusion brand new in December of 2006. I would say she was worth the money new but I would highly discourage you from buying this model out of warranty. Right around 60K the air conditioning belt started squeaking. Had it tightened, then replaced. The thing still squeaks. At 100K – the struts needed to be replaced. At 115K, the air conditioner stopped blowing and had to be fixed. Now at 140K, the transmission is slipping. I heard that is a common problem with fusions. It’s really comfortable, the seats still look brand new, the trunk is huge and it never broke down on me.

Not the best car I have ever owned, but decent

by the fusionater from Akron, Ohio | September 4, 2012

I purchased my 2007 Ford Fusion for my son in August of 2010. You can get this car in a five-speed which is what I have. The five-speed is fun but not recommended. If you are interested in buying the Ford Fusion i recommend you stray away from the 2.3L four cylinder. It has limited power and not recommended when traveling through the mountains (example: West Virginia). The four cylinder however, does get fairly good gas mileage if you don't beat on it. If you are looking for a car with power stay away from this one. If you do drive it like a race car check your oil every chance you get. I have never had a car 2007 or newer burn oil like mine does. Other than that it will provide reliability and is a good starter car for someone just getting their license. (Example: My 16 year old son).

fusion

by fusion from | August 13, 2012

good car just small for me, being 6'3" 275lbs. very peppy. have had no issues with it. wife loves it.

Great car for size and money

by Bamamomof3 from Huntsville, AL | July 8, 2012

We were looking for a car that better gas millage than the 15 mpg that our SUV and Pickup got. We also had three growing children one of which was fixing to get her learners permit when we were looking to make this purchase. We had narrowed it to the Ford Escape or Fusion, and found it interesting that the 3 kids had more room in the back seat of the Fusion than they did in the Escape. Also the Cheaper Fusion offered many more features like power drivers seat which did not come in the basic Escape. We drive Fords because my grandfather retired from there and we got a family discount. We have never really had any major problems with any of them. That can be said of the Fusion as well. It is comfortable to drive and easy for 4 to fit in, if the 5th person is small or the ride is short then there is no problem with 5. I have a bad disk in my back and have problems sitting for long periods of time. I have no problem sitting in the front seats of the Fusion for up to two hours without getting out to walk. The same cannot be said for the back seats, but I also can't sit in the back seat of our 2004 Exhibition for more than 30 minutes without discomfort. There is road noise but less than we have in the Exhibition. And besides a 6 disk CD changer, it comes with a MP-3 outlet in the center console along with an extra 12 volt outlet hid in there so you can hide your valuables and still charge them. It had over 77,000 miles and all we had done was scheduled maintenance when a man pulled out in front of my 18 year old daughter. She slammed on the brakes but could not stop in time. The air bag did deploy, but at a slower rate since it is designed to go off based on your speed. This kept her from being worse by the airbag than from the crash like happened to my mom in a wreck in a early 90's car. I have been looking for a replacement for 2 months now and can't believe how hard of a time I am having finding something of equal quality for the price.

Love my Fusion

by Love my Fusion from Kansas City Mo | June 30, 2012

My Grandpa retired from ford. So i have been driving foods all my life so i decided to to buy my wife this car for are wedding gift. Bought it new for 21k and the only repair i have had to do to this car would be replace the tires and wipers. A very good car for the money if you take care of it.

Would not buy AWD again

by Ford Racing Fan from Kansas City, MO | April 23, 2012

I have owned many Fords both good and bad. This one is just OK. I have owned it for 1 1/2 years and have put on 40,000 miles. I like the styling and the ride and feel, but Gas mileage is HORRIBLE on the All Wheel Drive Model.....I drive mainly highway and average 23MPG. This is even AFTER I had to put in 6 new Coils, 6 spark plugs and a computer because coils shorted out the computer. I got better gas mileage in a 10 year older model FULL size car. All wheel drive is not even that good in the snow. I can get around just as well in a front wheel drive car. NOT worth the extra money.

Featured Services for this Ford Fusion