2009 Ford Fusion

See Photos & Videos

Overall

It's a Great Car

by Fusion Buyer from Martinsville, IN | February 5, 2014

On January 7, 2014,I traded my old AWD Jaguar X-Type in for this vehicle. I have a 2009 Ford Fusion SE with the 4-Cylinder Engine. It is painted in White Suede with the black premium cloth interior. I do wish it had the 6 in it. It has a 5-speed automatic transmission. This car is very well equipped with the Sun n' Sync packages that has the sunroof, Microsoft Sync bluetooth services, and the Sirius XM radio. My car also has the Audiophile sound system in it. While my car is an SE, I have put in the SEL interior facia with the analog clock. I didn't like the FUSION badge inside and I detest faux carbon fiber. This one is a piano black facia, and the vehicle had the wiring clip for the clock plugged into a dummy connector. I simply plugged the clock in, and voila! Anyways, whilst my car is not a head turner, I do like the styling, I always have, and it drives pretty good. My gas mileage is right at what the manufacturer claims, so I am not complaining. I have not done any long-distance traveling in it yet, however, I am so far pleasantly surprised. I will be taking a trip to Oklahoma from Indiana, and will be eager to learn if my mileage is better than the Jag (I would only have to stop 3 times and averaged 28MPG in that car). I bought my vehicle with 38,000 miles on it, and so far, I am pleasantly surprised. I would have to say that this is the best car I have bought yet.

Help me, I have fallen and can't get up.....

by SuperDave from Lenoir, NC | January 14, 2014

09 Ford Fusion SE 2.4, Auto Bought new 9/13/08 Owned for 95k miles: Water pump out (30k miles) Starter 2 batteries Drive belt Power steering pump/fluid Oil leak/valve cover AC compressor issues Transmission fluid burns up transmission after 85k miles (manual calls for fluid change @ 150k miles) Transmission solenoid CD deck not ejecting discs Trouble code renders car un-driveable after battery change (similar known issue with 2010 models which Ford refuses recall on) 2.3 lacks power 2.3 gets horrid MPG, much less than EPA estimates Very little rear view visibility No transmission mode indicator on dashboard Constant "hissing" noise (vacuum leak) nobody could find Excellent design, roomy interior, good interior build quality, and excellent ergonomics in interior Improvements suggested: Never resurrect the Pinto engine again! Use quality tranny fluid or change maintenance interval for fluid change to 50k miles. Lower rear deck to promote better and needed rear view visibility. Ford already buys transmissions from Nissan. Perhaps Ford should start buying motors from Nissan. A Nissan motor would have been a huge improvement to this car, as well as a Nissan transmission. Use only regular metal jacket oil filters, not the cartridge type filters. Improve the bottom underside panel that is not DIY friendly. The spaces for the access doors to the old filter and oil drain plug warp too easily over time and the access doors will not fit properly.

Needed a reliable car

by Snowman from Orrville, OH | December 26, 2013

I purchased my 2009 Ford Fusion at White's Maibach Ford in Orrville OH. My brother-in-law recommended that I talk to Darlene Morrison. Even though I did not have an appointment set up with her, she quickly assessed my needs, recommended several vehichles, test drove and was on my way in only a few hours. If you are looking for a new or used Ford, be sure to ask for Darlene.

+++Great Car+++

by Piper from | October 29, 2013

I have owned one for over 41/2 years. Rides great and is totally reliable. Its the Best Car I have owned for the Money! Great Job Ford!

Very Reliable Car

by K Dowling from Charlotte, NC | August 21, 2013

I bought this car used in 2012. I've had no trouble out of it. It's been very reliable. I love how stylish it is, too. I love the Bluetooth option. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market.

Ford Fusions

by likeFusion from Ohio | March 25, 2013

My wife has a 2006 Ford Fusion and the car has proven to be one of the smarter decisions we've ever made. It is still an excellent car. Myself recently just purchased a 2009 Ford Fusion and it's only been about a month since purchasing it, so far it is going to be another very good decision. It has the sync system that I think is great, we love our Fusions!

I feel pretty!

by Cleargrace from Tennessee | December 14, 2012

I am extremely pleased with my 09 Ford Fusion. Stepping on the gas produces a surge of power (3.0 6 cyl.) and delivers excellent speed and performance. The ride is smooth, but I can feel the road under my wide tires as I maneuver the 18 miles of curves along the beautiful Ocoee River. The interior of the car is sleek with microfiber seats and leather and vinyl appointments. The dials (and real clock!) are understated yet effective, with several added benefits of mileage and trip tracking (25+ mpg), sync, Sirius, great stereo, 6 cd changer, and more! Yes, there are cupholders, nestled between bucket seats with electric controls that comfortably hug my torso and a roomy back seat that will fit two adults and a child comfortably. I could live in the roomy trunk, that can be made even larger by opening the back seat two different ways! A creamy pink iridescent paint called white suede ices the cake that is my sporty new-to-me car! I feel pretty! I highly recommend this vehicle- did I mention the electric windows?!...

Great choice to switch to

by New Ford Owner from Vermont | July 4, 2012

I have been a Chevy owner since I started driving and seemed to have a slew of problems. I recently purchased a 2009 Fusion SE and I am extremely happy with it. The car handles extremely well and is peppy for a 4 cylinder. No complaints about the MPG since I have averaged 26 mpg City and 34 MPG Highway. Love the handsfree Sync system. The ride is smooth and comfortable with very little exterior sound even on the highway. I'm rather tall at 6'3 and find there is plenty of leg room, at least in the front. Great value!

Wonderful Car!

by Fusion Lover from Stevens Point, WI | December 7, 2011

My husband and I had been shopping around for a different vehicle for several months. Trying to decide should we go crossover or car. We have 2 tall children and needed more leg room in the back seat plus we want to try for another child and wanted room for an additional car seat. We decided that purchasing a car would be the more financially responsible choice. We purchased our 2009 ford fusion sel on 12/3/11 and we absolutely love it and so do the kids. We are averaging 33mpg. The seats are combination leather and cloth and are extremely comfortable. Handling is awesome! we drove it home from the dealer in icy road conditions and had no trouble at all. The Sync and 8 speaker stereo are incredible. I love that i can connect my smartphone and play my mp3's. My husband was sold on the cup holder lights changing colors. LOL. Overall this is a fantastic car at a fantastic value!

not as stellar as car review ratings

by new Ford owner from tacoma, WA | October 3, 2011

I purchased a used 2009 SEL 4 cylinder Fusion from a Ford dealer back in May. it had 42K miles on it. I was not too happy to discover the little 4 banger only got around 22MPG in the city. the Hwy milage is great. around 33MPG. then the air circ fan for the cabin started making a terrible sqweeking noise. I took it apart, lubricated and tighten and fixed the problem but I had to lay upside down on my head in the psngr footwell to do it. recently the AC went out. coolant sprayed out on hot engine and I knew there was trouble. haven't taken to dealer yet, hoping they will cover on warranty but my guess is they won't. I've heard other Fusion owners have the same complaint of AC going out. worried that my first foray into Ford ownership was Foolish.

Featured Services for this Ford Fusion