2013 Ford Fusion

Available in 4 styles:  2013 Ford Fusion 4dr FWD Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

22 city / 31–34 hwy

Overall

Nice looking car, good gas mileage, wiggly

by Commuter from Hudson, WI | September 3, 2014

Bought our Ford Fusion last year, like the looks of it, great gas mileage, handles nicely. After 30,000 have to replace the RCM module. The car has also been very "wiggly" when I hit any bumps in the road. The dealership re Yorker it and it is driving better.

Terrific Car, Good Looks, Good Performance

by Traneengineer from Lincoln, CA | August 20, 2014

I bought the car after my wife crashed our Caravan (the 5th we had had), and expected her to love it. She does, but actually prefers to drive the Explorer Sport, as it feels more like the Caravan. So I inherited the Fusion. It's a base model, 2.5 L, but lacks nothing. Great looking red metallic finish, good styling. The first car I have ever owned that people volunteer to me that it looks good. A sensitive radio with CD player and Aux inputs, and buttons and knobs (rather than a hellish touch screen) for controls for climate and entertainment. Bluetooth phone connection is WONDERFUL. I get over 35 MPG on long freeway drives, and 29 between my office and home, and around town. Never a tankful with less than 26 mpg. Comfort is excellent for 4, probably tight for 5. Interior noise is superb, almost as quite as my boss' Jag. Only a little wind noise when it's blowy outside. The Bad? With 20,000 miles some lights came on, so the dealer replaced the RCM (Restraint Control Module). Period. That's it. The dealer gave me a free rental for the time the Fusion was in their shop; I have no complaints. Caveat: I don’t push very hard. My cars and trucks always last a long time, as do my tires, transmissions, engines, shocks, springs, drive shafts, U-joints, brakes and just about everything. Gentle (don’t confuse that with slow) acceleration, braking, and cornering have a lot to do with that. I drive 75 on the freeway (80 on I5), and don’t enjoy last-minute lane change diving. I don’t baby anything (I live on a farm, on a dirt road) but do take good care.

Had enough recalls?

by Loved it at first... from New York | July 7, 2014

Loved my fusion, at first. Looks amazing, drives amazing, until four recalls later. Do yourself a favor and look up the recalls this vehicle has had. I know I will forever do it before buying a new car ever again because of this one. Most were minor, MOST. around 25,000 my power train went out. The computer in the vehicle though something was wrong, so it turned off on me WHILE I WAS DRIVNG. Yeah... no thanks.

Awesome car with great gas mileage

by Jeremy from Wichita, ks | July 2, 2014

I love this car would buy again and again. I have been getting around 33 mpg driving some city and mostly highway

Great enginering Poor quality ,

by IamRacing from ST Cloud Florida | June 7, 2014

I purchased my 2014 in Feb this year , and was surprised at the poor build quality , A very plastic steering wheel poorly trimmed seats and a headliner that started to hang after one week, a seat-belt that didn't work out of the factory and paint peeling of the front bumper ,Oh yes , Loud cabin (engine noise ) Now it does have its good side, Great road holding and accurate breaks , This car will give you over 30 mpg, I drive it hard , Just install a K&N filter and its good, Nice try ford but no cigar , I payed my $22k and could have done much better and got more for my money ,,

Love the Fusion!

by Southern gal from Illinois | April 28, 2014

I had driven a mini van or suv for over 25 years and finally decided I wanted a mid size car.I bought a 2013 Ford Fusion after one test drive!. I love the sporty look of the fusion and all the added features especially the voice navigation and blue tooth! I drove several other mid size cars and this one fit me best!

love my Ford

by Road racing nut from Charlotte, NC | April 26, 2014

Have owned the car for a little over a month and only driven it once. My wife drives the car and loves it. Twin Turbo 4 works well and fuel mileage OK. Quality of product excellent so far.

great car for the money

by texbru from lubbock,tx | April 22, 2014

driven 2000 miles in my ecoboost titanium. road handling perfect. assisted parking fantastic. looks awesome in and outside. mysync is the best out there. i am very happy with my purchase.

For the money? HECK NO!!

by BRZ driver from Missouri | April 11, 2014

When I bought a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium I was very impressed by the looks of the exterior and all of the amazing options of the interior. What I wasn't impressed by is the performance and reliability of this car. At just 26K miles the transmission went out, a lot of people where having this problem. Got a new transmission under warranty and in 500 miles the new transmission went out. Just goes to show how much time Ford spent on the mechanics of this car. If u are having problems with hard shifts, downshifting on the highway, or other signs of transmission error your Fusion might also have the faulty transmission that Ford produced for this car. Needless to say I got rid of this hunk of junk and bought a Subaru BRZ. This car costs less and is way more fun to drive. The BRZ is a little less practice but oh so much more reliable and I love my BRZ! And I hated HATED the Fusion.

Love this car!

by Andie from Florence, AL | April 8, 2014

I bought a 2014 Ford Fusion, base model, in November 2013. I had a 2003 Nissan Altima that I had driven for 10 years before I bought the Fusion. The car has been EXCELLENT so far! I've loved every second of driving it! The gas mileage hasn't been stellar, but I also drive through about 12 red lights in about 3 miles to get to work. When on the highway, it definitely goes up. The ride is incredibly smooth and quiet. I test drove a 2014 Camry, a 2014 Kia Optima and a 2014 Hyundai Sonata before deciding on the Fusion. It has the best handling, power and smoothness out of all of those vehicles. A couple of things that I'm not crazy about, but aren't big enough to make me dislike the car, is that when you fill completely up with gas, when slowing down or speeding up after stopping, the gas sloshes so loudly underneath the seats! I wasn't accustomed to that, but now that I know what the noise is, it's not a big deal. The second thing is that the car slopes in such a way that when it's raining, water drips into the car and onto the seat (or me) when I open the door. Again, not a deal breaker, just a little bit of an annoyance. Some things that I LOVE are the easy handling and the power that you feel when driving this car. It makes tight turns for its size. I also love the display. It's not too much, like some cars that I test drove. It's simple, modern and also great to look at. Looks sporty while still being modern! Another thing that I love is the bluetooth. I know it's pretty standard in cars now, but in my Altima, I didn't have it, so it's nice to use when I want to! I LOVE the seats. I did not want leather, but I love this cloth! It's like a sport/slick/smooth cloth that will be very easy to clean once kids come along! The back seat and the trunk are so roomy, it's hard to believe. The car is so fluid in its design, that the trunk space can be overlooked, but it's definitely there! Also, the back seats fold down, which I haven't had to do yet, but I can't wait to! Overall, I love this car. I get excited to take it on trips and love riding in it also, when my husband drives! I would buy another one in an instant, if given an option!