2014 Ford Fusion

22 city / 31–34 hwy

Overall

decent car

by bb from ont, canada | December 16, 2014

bought a brand new se in the summer, not a bad car, dash sometimes rattles which is disappointing, good fuel consumption numbers

OK rental car

by lb74 from Minnesota | October 28, 2014

I rented one of these for my parents for a long trip. It served them well, good mpg, and not bad looks. The turn signals kind of suck, and the passenger seat sits way too low and can not be adjusted. It is an ok car, but my 14' Dodge Avenger is way nicer to drive, has a V6 with 283 hp, and in my experience can get 32 mpg if you drive reasonable. However, this car is not a bad choice. If you like this car, check out the new 2015 Chrysler 200's. That is a beautiful car and about the same price, and great mpg too! That would be my choice.

Look at this car!

by Nielsen Road Warrior from Paducah, KY | October 4, 2014

I've driven about 24k miles so far in my 4cyl Fusion. I've owned Mazda 6s, Honda Accords, and 3 series BMWs, and rented many Nissan Altimas, various Chevrolets and Dodges and Toyota Camrys. This is, by far, the best American car I've driven and is absolutely on par with any Japanese car I've driven. No, it's not on par with a Bimmer, but, you know, it's a BMW. The fit and finish is very good, it's reasonably quiet, composed on the bends, and good on the long interstate haul. Gravel roads? Sure, it's good on that, too. The stereo is good, Ford Sync is handy but the person you're talking to will sometimes complain about it because it picks up things you don't want and covers up the things you do want them to hear. Trunk space is good, back seat space is good, the front seat bottom cushion could be a bit more supportive. Any drive over 6 hours is going to make you sore. My only complaints, and I only really have two, are these: Cruise control. If you set it too high and decide you want to lower it as the engine climbs to the speed you initially want to set, it'll set it at the lower speed you're currently at instead of just lowering the set speed incrementally which it does once you reach the speed you're actually wanting. Maybe I'm just not used to it, yet, after 24k miles. The other thing, and this is kind of a biggie, is the accelerator. If you're driving along in town, 30-35 MPH say, and you need to go a bit faster to get around someone turning in or if you're pulling out of a lot and need to move a little faster than normal, it's as if the accelerator has to remember it's an accelerator. The result is you end up mashing on the gas harder and you're then launched immediate to a speed you really don't want to go. If you want to go from 15% to 20% on the gas, it will just sit there kind of wondering what you want, which makes you push harder which makes the car think it's a rocket ship.

Ford convert

by robertc-wylie from Wylie, TX | September 29, 2014

So I had a competitors car with quite a few amenities and was ok comfort-wise. No Bluetooth or direct iPod connectivity While shopping for a replacement for that, I ran across my 2014 Fusion SE. It had a little over 18K and was extremely comfortable. I have only had this for a little less than a week, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. First impression: the second I sat I the driver seat, I was at home. This was the car I was meant to drive! My take: Powerful (for a 1.5 L 4 cylinder!) - love the blind side mirrors and all of the amenities (heated seats!) Overall -- I have no regrets converting to a Ford customer. I look forward to many years of comfortable and fun driving in this car.

Nice looking with many nice features

by Driver from new york | September 25, 2014

only had the car a month so far I like it and had several nice comments The class that Shultz Ford gives on the Sync is great.

2014 Fusion

by Lbrown from Fayetteville, NC | September 25, 2014

I just purchased my 2014 Fusion SE this past week, and am loving it. It's comfortable, and sexy. Wasn't sure about the upgraded black rims but its' grown on me. Very happy with the car, and fun to drive.

Fantastic car for the price!

by Shane from San Diego, CA | September 25, 2014

First off let me say that my last car was a BMW 335i...and I don't miss it. Honestly, this car is extremely comfortable, looks fantastic, has plenty of leg room and a HUGE trunk!..I am a golfer so this is a huge plus. I noticed there are some people that complain about the Microsoft Sync, trust me when I say those are people that haven't spent the time to learn the system. There is a lot to the Sync, I have mine setup to my cell phone so that I have basically a wifi hotspot in my car! I changed the LCD Touch screen background to a pic of my wife and I...great touch. Satellite radio, and being able to send destinations from the internet or your iPhone app to your car is awesome! There are videos on youtube on how to set all of the Sync up, and its fantastic! The gas mileage so far is about 22mpg average, about 300 miles on the car so far. I hear that it will actually get better as you break in the car, some report are 25k miles you average 32mpg. Anyway, love the car. If it was to be picky about anything they could change I would say to change the passenger seat so it's not so low, or make it adjustable to raise it. Provide more videos for new customers on use of Sync including advanced features.

Happy Boostin

by Big Booter from North Dakota | September 21, 2014

2013 Fusion ecoboost 2.0, 22k miles. Looks great, great ride, great handling, power to spare when needed, quiet and smooth, well over 30 MPG highway, 25 in town. No warranty issues or problems thus far. Just a few drawbacks -Although there is plenty of leg room. center console is too wide and for a long legged person the drivers position seems a little narrow, the tilt steering wheel is inconvenient, The factory tires started making noise after I rotated them.

Best decision I have made

by Happy Customer from Sacramento,ca | September 15, 2014

I have knowen that I wanted to get a For Fusion for a while now but now that I hawve the one that I want I could not be happier. I particularly like the fact that you can set the seat positon for what is best for you adn it will remeber it. So many other great features as well. Really enjoying the car

New 2014 fusion

by Ford fan and Mustang driver from Augusta, GA | September 14, 2014

Just bought new 2014 Fusion. Previous owner of Ford 500. Had only the options I wanted without a lot of extras. Memory leather heated seats, backup camera, blue tooth, Sirius radio and efficient but economical engine. Comfortable and easy to drive. Well appointed interior but not showy. If you want a luxury car buy one but this Fusion fits my needs very well without going over board. Great value for the money.