1999 Ford Mustang

Get Value

Overall

1999 Mustang GT

by Mustang Owner in STL from Chesterfield, MO | August 23, 2014

It's a nice car, great entry-level muscle car. After a while, you may want to upgrade though if performance is your thing. While it's certainly not slow, at the same time, here in 2014 it's nothing special. You can even get a new Camry with more horsepower now. Yes, really. Pull up to a light next to a new Mustang or Camaro and you're basically driving a joke on wheels. On the plus side, the New Edge body styling looks awesome and remains the best-looking Mustang after the new GT500s. It's a very reliable machine too, so it has that going for it. I've owned three Mustangs (1989 convertible 5.0, 1995 GT, and this one) and none of them have ever left me stranded anywhere.

love my mustangs

by mustang owner from Phoenix, Az | April 5, 2012

Car is great, lacks power off the line compared to my 93 cobra handles great, ok on gas milage, but suspension beats you up on long trips. Bought my 99 anniv. edition off the show room floor and only has 39,000 miles on it...but still love driving it.

1999 Mustang GT

by Mustang GT Lover from Northern VA | December 19, 2011

Bought it used for our 18 year old son. Everyone loves it. It has had 2 owners, and is in excellent shape. We had it vetted by an independent auto shop.

She's got pep

by Derrick from Virginia | August 12, 2011

This is my first car, i have had it for over a year. It is a convertible,GT 5 speed with over 100k miles on it. I have had no problems with it in the slightest way and that is saying something because it has to put up with my driving. I learned how to drive a stick on this car, and i learned how to drive period in this car. It is not overly aggressive to the point cops are staring you down at every red light, but it can still deliver PLENTY of power when you want or need it. I love this car, i wouldn't trade it for a 2011 anything.

Like a loyal dog, ready and raring to go (fast)!

by Stangman from Wheaton, IL | July 9, 2010

Power,power, and more power with the handling to go with it, the Mustang GT is fun to drive. Wheather in the S-bends or on the straightaway you will be pinned to the back of your seat. The tranny is smooth shifting and responsive, and the steering is pinpoint perfect. When you step on the gas there are no sluggish delays, it's time to hold on. The interior is sharp yet soft and easy on the eyes,and the exterior screams "MUSCLE". Then you look at the stance, and it's commanding of respect. On top of all this, this "steed" isn't going to trample your wallet at the gas pumps. So test drive one of these noble American wild horses today and I promise you'll love riding your trusty mount off into the sunset time and again.

love the car

by 99v6 from altoona ia | May 12, 2010

i have a 99 mustang v6, and i love it! hands down the best car i have ever owned or driven! great reliability too! awesome power for only being a v6, 190 hp 220 ft/lbs can get you just about anywhere, pretty decent traction in snow, though i would recommend snow tires, cheap upgrades for the cars too, by far the funnest car to drive if you ask me, great cornering, great acceleration in WOT. would recommend this car to anyone.

Great 1st car!!

by Leo from Mt. Holly, NJ | November 7, 2008

This is my 1st car I've ever owned and it has been a good car. The only bad thing is the brakes, I have had numerous repairs and a new brake booster. The gas milege is pretty good for a V6. Great stereo if you get the MACH. Leather has stayed very nice for almost being 10 years old and the paint is good.

GREAT LOOKING GT

by DICEMAN from LONG ISLAND,NY | November 25, 2007

I PURCHASED MY GT IN 1999,AND STILL OWN IT.I HAVE 60,000 MILES ON IT AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT.I LOVE ITS PERFOMANCE AND HANDLING.ITS BLACK CLEARCOAT AND I HAVE ADDED CHROME WHEELS,IT STILL LOOKS AWESOME.I HAVE HAD MANY PEOPLE ASK ME IF IT WAS FOR SALE.I WONT SELL IT ANYTIME SOON.I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH IT AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Solid & Reliable

by Muscle Car Enthusiast from Allentown, PA | June 28, 2007

I purchased my Electric Green GT in April 1999 as a means of remembering my late teens. Its been 8 years and 71,000 miles and with the exception of the collision damage caused by my son in 2000 & 2001 the car has been EXTREMELY reliable!! My only complaint is the comfort of the bucket seats - they leave a little to be desired. In the performance category, it more than holds its own against cars with more advertised horsepower and MSRP in the stoplight to stoplight arena. Other than scheduled maintenance, the only problems experienced have been a cracked COP (coil over plug) unit and an inner rear seal in the rear end! Another very attractive feature is the ability to feed it regular (87 octane) fuel and still have it deliver the "goods". Nice feature when gas is $3 per gallon. I find myself driving it more than my more comfortable (and more expensive) sports sedan. If you are considering buying a 35th Anniversary edition - GO FOR IT!!!!

Hard Top GT

by Mustang Lover from So. Cal | December 30, 2006

I've had my GT a little over a year now, So i think I may have some decent input. I love it! Car is reliable, fairly comfortable, and really has that aggressive muscle car look. Handling was nice, though traction was a bit rough, i put in a new pair of control arms and it vastly improved. Was a quiet car for the engine its packing, though if u buy one, its not too far off in your future to add an exhaust to give it a bit meaner sound. Its not the fastest car out there, but most of the time, when i need it to go, Its always out in front, without a bit of hesitation, even with the automatic. If its not enough for you, a computer chip will open your eyes, and your car. A couple flaws noticed were: The intake manifold had not been replaced yet with the aluminum version that is out now. May be a good idea to have it checked out by ford after the purchase to ensure it wont blow out on you and spray radiator fluid everywhere. Another thing Is the seatbealts, They lock when needed and will keep you safe so dont run for the hills, but sometimes have difficulty retracting, I heard a rumor it was a recall, but have not confirmed it. Overall a really great car...Styling,ride quality,performance...I would defenitly say give her a try.

Featured Services for this Ford Mustang