2000 Ford Mustang

Get Value

Overall

Fun car to drive

by Derrick Kurzrok from Hollywood, FL | December 22, 2015

This has been an exceptionally fun car to drive. I have the convertible model and was fortunate to keep it when buying a second car. While its a blast to whip around town there have been several issues now that the car is over 100k. All of which have been fairly cheap to fix and if your even slightly mechanically inclined it is an easy car to work on with parts being readily available if your near a junkyard. The downfall of the car is really the styling inside, it is a tad tight, but 100% worth it is you know how to use a wrench, screwdriver or if its your first car.

There's Nothing Like a Mustang!

by Mustang Guy from Michigan | November 7, 2015

My 2000 GT convertible is the fifth Mustang I've owned and I am keeping this one for a long time. I bought it new and it now has less than 15,000 miles driven only in warm dry weather. No problems... no repairs... still has everything original from the factory. The only issue I have with it is the comfort over longer drives... seems the seat doesn't adjust to a position I find totally comfortable. Other than that, the car is a gem!

Love my Black Beauty!

by Mustang Princess from Tucson, AZ | October 9, 2015

I bought my 2000 GT 5 Speed manual in 2003 with 44,000 miles on it. 12 yrs later and now with 129,000 its still running just as perfect as the day I bought it. Only one major repair, at 110,000 the original clutch had to be replaced. This is the best car I've ever owned and the 2nd Mustang. It's a blast to drive and the throaty rumble it makes when I start it up still thrills me to this day.

Good service

by Russ from Long Beach | April 9, 2014

The guys were very professional and good cars.Got us financed with not very good credit score.Recommend to anyone.Thank you.

greatest place

by rudy from Cleveland Ohio | January 10, 2014

I bought a Honda civic. The greatest little car I ever bought. The salesman there were nice honest and more then willing to go out of there way to help me. Thank you long brothers. I'll be back.

Great car!

by Bullmoose from Mequon, WI | September 29, 2013

I found this convertible on Cars.com. I found a real gem, a 2000 Mustang Convertible with under 100,000 miles on it! The car is mint, and runs perfect, with a 2.8 V6 engine and a smooth transmission. I saw a Carfax report, and learned the car probably didn't see much of Wisconsin winters. No rust! This is a third car, purchased just for fun, and I plan to keep it garaged when the weather is bad. Thanks Cars.com!

Top Down

by Need for Speed from Tinton Falls, NJ | April 22, 2013

I found a 200 Mustang GT Convertible with about 146,000 miles. The car needed some detailing and a new clutch. She drives very well and serves the purpose I was looking to fill. I plan on driving this car as a weekend cruiser to the beach and around the area. I can't wait for the summer weather to finally arrive so i can go top down

First car

by Father of a teen from Tulsa, OK | September 3, 2012

After months of looking we found this car. It is what she wanted. Gas milage is not the best, under (20/gal) but she like it for the style. After driving it I think it is a good car for a teen as it has a solid feel as opposed to an import and that is important as most teens will tare up their first car.

12 years original owner

by Mustang or die from Los Angeles, CA | July 2, 2012

I love this car! Extremely reliable, great speed for a 6 cyl, great handling (I drove a new so-called performance car that was like driving a sponge), and overall fun car. Backseat space is a bit small but my now 16 year old daughter still sits back there. Mechanically I have mostly only done the routine maintenance type repairs. The two things that seem common to this car- exhaust leaks and windows going out of alignment. The windows may only happen in very hot climates, but they start to tilt in their track. Cost me over $400 to have the driver side fixed quite a few years ago. Now the passenger side needs it. The body shop says that for a few years the government put additives in the paint and they start to bleed through to the surface. Mine needs paint now. All cars from this era have the same issue. Before I would go spend a ton of money on a new car I would most definitely fix this one up. It has 108,000 miles on it and I still love this car. No technology or frills besides the basics. Mine averages about 20 mpg but I drive fast- and when you step on the gas it still has lots of acceleration power. Good old fashioned American sports car.

Changed my life

by Elstevo from Long Beach, CA | March 31, 2012

I was having my 2006 Escort wagon fixed yet again when my mechanic loaned me this 2000 Mustang bare-bones coupe. After a week I just had to have it; not much money considering freshly rebuilt V6, 136k miles. I love this car! Perfect reliability so far except for a replacement of the harmonic balancer at 150k. Car is smooth, solid, peppy and with 23MPG average in overall driving.