2001 Ford Mustang

$10–$15,474

Overall

favorite performance car

by stangnut from | March 23, 2014

thanks jeffery, every thing is just as we talked of on the phone. i appreciate the good deal we agreed on.the mustang has a good home.

Sad I had to say goodbye

by mello57 from Greenville, SC | June 12, 2013

I owned the V6 deluxe model coupe with metallic red paint and charcoal interior in the south for 8 years and it was hands down the best money I've spent on a car. It was recently totaled but even with 139,000 miles on it the car was completely SOUND. Take care of regular maintenance and go easy on the transmission (I know it's a sports car, but give it a chance to shift before you throw it into the next gear and save yourself some trouble) Some good things to know about this model mustang-- Never use the window to close the door, you will undoubtedly regret it when your window quits working. (You will find a lot of info on this in mustang forums) Park it in the garage or shade when possible. The paint doesn't like the sun, especially the spoilers. DO NOT attempt to change your own break pads unless you just so happen to own the very mysterious, unknown tool needed to both twist and push the pistons back in with. (Seriously. Its a pain and requires at least 4 hands) The interior plastics in mine still looked stunning by using a high shine cleaning protectant like armorall or meguires about 3-4 times a year. Many of my friends with much newer cars expressed their jealousy over mine b/c these cars just look great. This is a very safe vehicle as long as you remember that its a little lighter in the back. One of my friends owned an '02 and rolled it with her 18 mo. old son in the back. He didn't have a scratch on him. I would absolutely buy another mustang in a minute, but plan to start a family soon so its time to graduate to a sedan.

realdeal

by realdeal from grass valley ca | April 26, 2013

I like my convertible. I was disappointing that it felt stiff.. it was little slow on pick up.. mine was convertible so I liked it to cruiz with it. but I only had the car 8 days . the dealer put some on my contract as the lian holder. my car is paid in full but I will never buy from R an R AUTO OR EXPRESS AUTO on Marconi ave .sac ca Because my ex had the car repo an the dealer sent her there an now he wont show any prof or copy of my contracted .. it was a real nice car an looks realing good with top down

Great car

by Always have loved Mustangs. from Federal Way, Wash | November 4, 2012

This car was a Mothers Day present a few years ago. I love it. Fun to drive, turns heads, wins 1st or 2nd place @ car shows. I plan on keeping it for a long long time. Bye the way it's a "COBRA" contvertiable....

Great Car

by Sports Car Lover from Malvern, PA> | August 13, 2012

I purchased my 2001 Mustang in May, with 76,000 on it. So far, this being August, I have put 900 miles on it with no problems at all. It is great, tight running car, with a whole lot of pep for a V6. Really moves out when you need to. Love it.

best used car I'v owned,

by Sports Car Girl from Malvern, PA> | July 24, 2012

I love my Mustang, bought it the end of May, drives like a dream, and for a 6 cyl. really moves. No problems so far. Car had 76,000 on it and it drives like new.

Found My Low Mileage Mustang

by Must Have a Mustang from Colorado | January 9, 2012

I purchased a 2001 Ford Mustang GT. I was looking for this body style but I wanted a really clean, low mileage car. I was able to see the available models using this web site, which saved me tons of time. The most important factor is I found a great dealer with a car that exceeded my expecations. I couldn't be happier!

the best car i will ever own

by mustangfreak from Newport OR | December 18, 2011

this car has been amazing since day one. my ma gave it to me as a gift used after her of course but it has been the most dependable car i will ever own.It has 208,000 miles on it and it still rides like a drive liitle maintenance just oil changes and what not. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!

Best American Car I've ever owned!!

by Best American Car I've ever owned!! from Tampa, Fl | November 19, 2011

I always wanted a Mustang because I used to own an Iroc-Z and the guys in the Mustangs sounded louder and 100 times better! Ford makes it a standard in all their vehicles from factory. I had a few problems with the Camaro, and by far...this Mustang has always been the most reliable I've owned surpasing previous imports, etc. LOVE this vehicle and would recommend to anyone!!

terrible

by fmsd from olathe, kansas | November 4, 2011

i bought one with 50,000 miles on it and the repair cost as been more than the actual car. before this i had a camaro z28 and that was a lot faster and looked more sporty and i never had any problems with it.