2002 Ford Mustang

$614–$13,142

Overall

Awesome car!

by MustangLovr from California | October 9, 2013

I am 17 This is my first car, it is now my daly driver from home to college. My 2002 mustang V6 is amazing, Even on gas it is not that bad. Exterior wise it has a stunning design, doesn't even look like a car made 12 years ago. I love it, i come from a family of mechanics and car guys, and there all impressed and say that this car can last me up to 200,000 miles if taken care of. My car has 92,000 miles as of now and it is running strong,Great car will never regret it.

Reliable, Fun to drive, Looks good.

by Car Guy from Illinois | November 13, 2012

This is my 3rd Mustang. I still have the first two, I just can't let them go. The 2002 convertible is my Parade car, it gets so many compliments I just keep showing it. Reliability is fantastic, although there are two routine maintenance items. Oil changes every 3k and rear tires. I know a little less throttle would reduce this item. My 2000 mustang (daily driver) has over 165,000 and it feels like it is running as strong as it was when I got it 8 years ago. It loves the interstate on and off ramps, just eats them up. I have had great performance out of mine, and I recommend them to you. I recommend the leather interior, because it is so easy to maintain.

A few issues

by KenC from Iowa City | June 5, 2012

Bought this when 8 years old. Sensor for EGR was replaced. AT indicator (red marker on shifter) sticks, but trans is reliable. Seat belts don't recoil. Otherwise this is a fun car.

This car gets looks of envy!

by Sweet muscle car! from West of Chicago, Illinois | June 4, 2012

Found a 2002 Ford Mustang on Cars.com. Contacted the owner and fell in love with the car at first sight. The owner purchased it for herself and always garage kept it and absolutely loved it. Perfect condition and a great price. The only negative is a kind of squishy ride, but I drove another GT and it was the same. Must be a characteristic of the model. Sweet car and makes me feel 16 again!

great fun to drive

by larryb from WAYCROSS, GA | November 10, 2011

I PURCHASED THIS CAR IN AUG 2002 BRAND NEW, SINCE THEN I HAVE ADDED COLD AIR INTAKE, BILLET ITEMS, BULLET WHEELS WITH RED CALIPER COVERS AND HANKOOK 245-40-18INCH TIRES. ALSO ADDED DUAL FLOMASTER MUFFLERS. HAD TO REPLACE BATTERY AT 7 YEARS AND REPLACED ALTERNATOR AT 9 YEARS OLD (AUG 2011). IT IS A GREAT LOOKING BLACK STANG AND IS FUN TO DRIVE. I KEEP GETTING COMPLIMENTS ON IT.

Very good bang for the buck

by horse power guy from Atl,Ga | November 6, 2011

This has been an excellent car for the money and very reliable too.I think the 4.6 liters were pretty much perfected by 02.I've had my gt for about 5 yrs now and bought the car with 50,000 miles.The engine burns no oil and I have driven the car very agressively for 5yrs.This model has amazing torque for everyday driving and more than enough horsepower when you need it.20 mpg in town and 26mpg on the hwy going75mph.The reliability of this car is very good especially for a domestic.Comfort is good enough for every day use.

nice car

by mustang dude from moyock, nc | March 30, 2011

I had a 2002 Mustang v-6 for 6 years. I loved it. Water pump went out at about 80,000 miles and the fuel pump went out at about 115,000 miles. Other than that I had no problems with this car. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Reliable and Fun to Drive!

by Pat McAwk from San Antonio, TX | October 20, 2009

This car is and has been reliable for many years, and me being as lead-footed as I am, is saying a lot. The only thing I have had to replace on my Mustang is the battery and tires, and that is after 6 years!! This car is great for someone who needs a reliable form of transportation and is looking for a little fun while they are at it.

2002 mustang gt

by josh from illinois | July 17, 2009

You will fall in love with this car instantly =] deffinitly the best car for the money and it performs good and looks good at the same time. Also, the mach sound system sounds amazing!

Easy to work on and upgrade. Affordable parts

by D4 from Agawam, MA | August 9, 2008

Installed Steeda underdrive pullys, K&N cold air intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust and a few visual upgrades such as a white guage plate, 14'' shorty antina, Projector headlights, custom 1,600 watt sound system (one 1,200 watt sony explode amp + 1 400 watt kicker amp and two 10'' sony expode subs, four Alpine component speakers).

Featured Services for this Ford Mustang