2002 Ford Mustang

Available in 9 styles:  2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Solid Relaibility

by Stanger from Denver. CO | January 2, 2016

Own a drop version of the Mustang GT for about eight years now and have driven over 90,000 miles without any major trouble spots or having ever been left stranded. The most I have had to do is front and rear brakes once each, tires and regular routine maintenance. Had to repair a brake light switch under the dash, and repair the seat control switch panel which came loose and became unplugged It is begining to show its age appearance wise, mainly the drivers seat, the hood scoop and the spoiler paint is faded but still has the original top and windshield. While it has been garage kept it has been driven in all four seasons the full 8 year of my ownership ( in Coloado BTW) I install a set of Blizak tires for the winters and does much better than you would expect. It has been a good, fun and very reliable car with over 130K miles. I think this is Fords best car!

Best car ever!!

by Colonel Mustard from Georgia | December 9, 2015

I have had my 2002 Mustang for 9 year now, 175,000 miles. I got it in high school and being a young girl, have missed a few annual service checks. I have had to replace the alternator (once 6 months after I bought it and a year later because it was refurbished), brakes (once), spark plugs (once), motor mounts (once and I think they took advantage of me on that one) battery (once). This has been the cheapest car for repairs. It is now starting to show it's age and needs a new fuel pump (I am guessing), has a slow oil leak and the seat belt sensor is bad. This car has never left me stranded. I would recommend it to anyone. I am sad to say that we are trading it in for a bigger friendly vehicle. I hope the next owner gets 9 more years out of it.

Well worh the money

by brothersdown from Rainbow city, Al | December 8, 2015

I bought my GT on 4/17/07. I have always enjoyed the car, first off let me say the car had 54000 miles on it, now it has 64000, not very many miles have been put on the car since I bought it, the reason why is I am nearly 66 yo, I grew up in the 60`s driving corvettes, Camaros and chevells, all big block, now everytime I get in to my GT it brings back memories and I am afraid I will get into trouble, the car is 4.6 but is very strong at least through three gears, it is metallic blue with 5 speed, gray interior, it even has the original battery, but needs charging if left parked for over three weeks, as for the car, I would recommend it to anyone, have put on new brakes, and fixing to add new tires, get you one if you can, drawback is the small pistons, you cant add anything to this engine, but is fast enough for an old man like me..

Awesome car!

by MustangLovr from California | October 9, 2013

I am 17 This is my first car, it is now my daly driver from home to college. My 2002 mustang V6 is amazing, Even on gas it is not that bad. Exterior wise it has a stunning design, doesn't even look like a car made 12 years ago. I love it, i come from a family of mechanics and car guys, and there all impressed and say that this car can last me up to 200,000 miles if taken care of. My car has 92,000 miles as of now and it is running strong,Great car will never regret it.

Reliable, Fun to drive, Looks good.

by Car Guy from Illinois | November 13, 2012

This is my 3rd Mustang. I still have the first two, I just can't let them go. The 2002 convertible is my Parade car, it gets so many compliments I just keep showing it. Reliability is fantastic, although there are two routine maintenance items. Oil changes every 3k and rear tires. I know a little less throttle would reduce this item. My 2000 mustang (daily driver) has over 165,000 and it feels like it is running as strong as it was when I got it 8 years ago. It loves the interstate on and off ramps, just eats them up. I have had great performance out of mine, and I recommend them to you. I recommend the leather interior, because it is so easy to maintain.

A few issues

by KenC from Iowa City | June 5, 2012

Bought this when 8 years old. Sensor for EGR was replaced. AT indicator (red marker on shifter) sticks, but trans is reliable. Seat belts don't recoil. Otherwise this is a fun car.

This car gets looks of envy!

by Sweet muscle car! from West of Chicago, Illinois | June 4, 2012

Found a 2002 Ford Mustang on Cars.com. Contacted the owner and fell in love with the car at first sight. The owner purchased it for herself and always garage kept it and absolutely loved it. Perfect condition and a great price. The only negative is a kind of squishy ride, but I drove another GT and it was the same. Must be a characteristic of the model. Sweet car and makes me feel 16 again!

great fun to drive

by larryb from WAYCROSS, GA | November 10, 2011

I PURCHASED THIS CAR IN AUG 2002 BRAND NEW, SINCE THEN I HAVE ADDED COLD AIR INTAKE, BILLET ITEMS, BULLET WHEELS WITH RED CALIPER COVERS AND HANKOOK 245-40-18INCH TIRES. ALSO ADDED DUAL FLOMASTER MUFFLERS. HAD TO REPLACE BATTERY AT 7 YEARS AND REPLACED ALTERNATOR AT 9 YEARS OLD (AUG 2011). IT IS A GREAT LOOKING BLACK STANG AND IS FUN TO DRIVE. I KEEP GETTING COMPLIMENTS ON IT.

Very good bang for the buck

by horse power guy from Atl,Ga | November 6, 2011

This has been an excellent car for the money and very reliable too.I think the 4.6 liters were pretty much perfected by 02.I've had my gt for about 5 yrs now and bought the car with 50,000 miles.The engine burns no oil and I have driven the car very agressively for 5yrs.This model has amazing torque for everyday driving and more than enough horsepower when you need it.20 mpg in town and 26mpg on the hwy going75mph.The reliability of this car is very good especially for a domestic.Comfort is good enough for every day use.

nice car

by mustang dude from moyock, nc | March 30, 2011

I had a 2002 Mustang v-6 for 6 years. I loved it. Water pump went out at about 80,000 miles and the fuel pump went out at about 115,000 miles. Other than that I had no problems with this car. I would recommend this car to anyone.