2006 Ford Mustang

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Beware of these years

by First Car from East Fishkill, NY | March 11, 2014

The 2005 to 2007 Mustangs have a serious defect that Ford refuses to fix. You can't get any fuel into the tank. The nozzle keeps clicking off.

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6

by Proud Mustang Owner from New Jersey | February 15, 2014

Just purchased this car about a month ago- racing red with a tan soft top. Overall beautiful car, drives nice and ride comfort is good considering its a sports car. You can still feel the bumps in the road pretty good because of the sports tuned suspension, but nothing to crazy. We have a few issues with the vehicle that are considered minor in my opinion- there is a rattling noise behind the dash when idling and around 40mph, somewhat annoying. Than there is also the starting problem sometimes it starts on the first crank, sometimes it takes a few cranks. It is winter in NJ right now, but it should start on the first try. I bought the car from a Ford dealer, so they are standing behind the vehicle and fixing it free of charge, along with providing us with a loaner. Other than these 2 minor issues, the car runs great, and the engine has a beautiful growl and hum when you are accelerating. This car gets up to speed fast- don't underestimate the power of the 4.0 liter V6 in this car- if you push the car to its limits, you will be in shock how fast it goes. My car has the tan leather interior along with the shaker audio system. The shaker audio system is a must have feature considering how great it sounds! The bass is unbelievable and really 'shakes'! The interior on 06 mustangs and pretty much all mustangs is basic- nothing crazy just the basics you would expect. Manual air conditioning, radio, etc. If you opt for the convertible, it adds a few more interior controls. My car also has the pony package, which is highly recommended. It adds ABS brakes, fog lamps that look awesome on the front grill, and some other safety features like traction control. It also adds the MyColor option to the speedometer which allows you to control the color of the speedometer- cool feature! Overall, if you are in the market for a 06 mustang, it is a great car and expect many years of fun driving and reliability! as long as you maintain this car, it will last for a very long time!

Sporty Mustang fun to drive

by Good grades from Columbus, ohio | November 18, 2013

I purchased a 2006 Ford Mustang for my son, (Bribed him to get good grades). I forgot how much fun it is to drive a sports car. V-6 still peppy enough to get down the road but no too fast to invite speeding tickets. My mini van is on a short leash.

great car

by stang owner from dallas | October 13, 2013

own a premium convertible with the pony package--great car--had a previous69 stang with a 302-this one is better in every way--kick to drive and gets lots of postive comments from people--would buy it again!!

All around American icon

by American Muscle!! from | June 15, 2013

Classic muscle that has represented America through many generations. Great resale value. Looks and performance combine an amazing thrill ride.

Great sports car for the money

by TV122202 from Lumberton, NJ | December 19, 2012

I purchased this 2006, white Ford Mustang and love it. I owned a 2001, red Ford Mustang that I bought in 2007 prior to this purchase and both have held up nicely and made driving a little more fun!

Some Mustang Quirks

by luangtom from Atlanta, GA | September 3, 2012

I purchased this 2006 Mustang GT with 25,000-miles on it. It now has 72,000-miles. I drive it like I stole it. The car does have its quirks. One being its poor design around the windshield. Ford did fix it under warranty, but did have to make three visits to accomplish it. Seems they had a design and a production flaw with the A-pillar and grommet area under the cowling. It leaked rain terribly until it was fixed by Ford. The other quirk is its over-drive feature on the 5-speed automatic. One must bypass it if driving under freeway speeds or the transmission does not know if to up-shift or down-shift. I just bypass over-drive if not on the freeway. It does not take that much more gas. Otherwise, it is a good car for the money. These two flaws are fixable, so I would recommend this car to anyone. Well,I still drive it like I stole it.

Fast, fun and surprisingly reliable.

by 1MEANGT from MD/PA | August 4, 2012

I bought my 06 Stang GT almost exactly one year ago, to the day of this review. She's a 06 GT premium 5 spd and let me tell you, I couldn't be happier, so far. She's fast, fun and surprisingly reliable. She turns heads and hangs with cars that far exceed her cost. So, yea, like I was saying, she sure is fast and fun. When I bought here, she was stock except for some Flowmaster Axle back American Thunders. Now, she was plenty capable, stock, but almost as soon as I took delivery, I added a CAI and a email tune and she became a whole another beast. I then proceeded to add LT headers, a high flow catted X-pipe, muffler deletes, CMCP delete plates, underdrive pulleys, 4.10 gears, a short shifter, a dyno tune and lots of cosmetic goodies over the course of the past year and let me tell you, there's not a day that goes by, that she doesn't put a smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby... Here's what I really came here to say, though. She has been an absolute tank. Like I said earlier, I've had her for a year and have already put 20k on her, as she's my one and only and she has held up admirably. No... You know what? Using the word admirably doesn't do her, or her makers justice. She's lived up to the old adage; built Ford tough and then some. How many cars do you know of that can be a reliable daily driver AND lay down 12s at the track for this price? The only thing that has gone wrong during this first year/20k miles, was her TPS sensor. 50 bucks and 20 minutes of my time were the bottom line, there. No matter what I throw at her, work or play, she never complains. Daily commutes, playing around on the streets and even time at the drag strip have never cost me more than some preventive maintenance, some fuel, well lots of fuel but what did you expect? and some new tires. I will be changing her original cooling and heating hoses, as well as putting in some new spark plugs very soon, but all of that was to be expected. Better to be proactive as she ages. Buy with confidence, folks. But as always, do your research on each specific car before you buy. But hey, if you'll excuse me. I think I'll go for a drive.

Fun and reliable car

by searay from maryland | July 2, 2012

V-6 convertible gets great gas mileage and still has plenty of power for that almost a sports car feeling.I bought the car used and have had it 4 years with no mechanical problems.Great car ! ! ! ! !

My newest toy.

by Denny from Fort Wayne, IN | July 2, 2012

It`s a used Mustang GT convertible, whats not to like. It was in show room condition, low mileage at a price that didn`t break the bank. It`s my summer car. I have an suv for the winter. It`s no econo box, it`s a Mustang GT. I love it.