See Also: 2009 Ford Shelby GT500

Available in 8 styles:  2009 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Beware

by Shelby KR from | November 24, 2013

Called the dealership and told them that I want to by the car. They told me it's mine and that I will receive the down payment contract first thing next morning. Called them next morning to ask for the contract and was told, that they are doing the paperwork right now. Two hours later, they called me that they sold the car to an employee of the dealership the day before! They called me back another two days later and offered me the car again but they told me that they have higher bids in the meantime... The told me that I can have the car if I'm willing to raise my offer by 16k over the original agreed price. Seems like they try to play games with their customers! Beware

Great Mustang

by RaeTrumpet from Hampton, VA | November 22, 2013

I've always wanted a Mustang. just purchased an 09 in cream-puff condition. Great price. A lot of pep with decent gas mileage with this much acceleration, V6. It rides well, Even my wife likes the ride We are 72 and 68. Gorgeous color, dark Candy-apple ride. As they say, "it has eyes."

Great Looking Muscle Car

by Carnut from Ocean City, Md. | August 4, 2013

Bought the Mustang for my wife, and she loves it. I am very pleased with it's performance and finish. It is to be seen if it is as reliable as the Elantra it replaced. I was a bit disappointed that a sporty car like this did not come with some of the items that our "economy car" Elantra had, such as driving/fog lights, and vanity mirror lights, to mention a few. Overall though it is a good looking car.

ford mustang 2009

by luke from tampa, fl | July 19, 2013

this car has style, but like the 2005-2009 mustangs there is a defect in the cowl of this car located by the wipers. right after my warrant expired water started draining into the floor board. there is a rubber sleeve that drains the rain water and car wash located behind the battery. once this sleeve gets dirty the tank fills up with water and drain through your vent which leads to your floor board. if you begin to experience any problems with your door locks this will be your first sign. then you will start to have sensor errors, mine sensor fault was the tire pressure sensor. the funny thing is that this is known by ford and when i took it in they claimed it was the defrost causing the problems and suggested i get their water damage guy to clean up the water damage form the car. the great thing is that i live in florida so defrost isnt the issue, the issue is it rains too much in florida. so since my warranty has expired they documented that my sensor was bad and my defrost evaporator is bad. unlike other car companies who fix defects in the manor of recalls for has obviously set up a contingency plan to take no fault in the design of the car and its poor drainage system. i hope my warning can save you from the heartache i have experienced because i truly love this car prior to these issues. you can look on the internet to see how you yourself can fix this problem to prevent almost lemon law effects to this car. the other night a cop knocked on my door to tell me my alarm was going off. i couldnt get it to stop without unplugging my battery and the car smelled like it was shorting out. sad thing is i bought this car off the showroom at my local dealer ship for it is a 45th anniversary edition. thanks hope this helps. car only has 43000 miles on it and was purchased in july 2009 and is only used for casual driving

LOTS OF FUN!

by Lisa B from NH | September 1, 2012

waited and watched for this car a long time. got exactly what I wanted thanks to cars.com! Right color too!

Great Convertible

by Mustang Enthusiast from Houston, Texas | July 2, 2012

After several months of looking, I found just the color combination mustang gt convertible. It has low miles and is just like new excpet of $$$$. It is driven primarily on weekends and is great fun.

My Mustang

by QBAAHORA from Las Vegas | October 21, 2011

This was an extremely reliable convertible which I bought used. I like the styling and the spaciousness of the front seats. The seats themselves, however, are awful. The stereo is pitiful and the clock is so small as to be unreadable. I also miss a temperature gauge. Having said this the A/C is excellent for a convertible. The ride is quite good as is the handling. Mine has the older V-6 so if you are looking for an economical and fast Mustang get the new one. I think the styling is unmistakably Mustang and looks great on a convertible. I like the 2009 tail end better than any year made. But lose the antenna mast. Who uses them anymore? Yugo!

Gets attention

by Jim from Chardon, oh | October 4, 2011

Bought a California Special in vapor Silver. I put 20" foose wheels, pypes mufflers and a shelby rear spoiler on it as soon as i got it. This car gets compliments everywhere i go. The ride quality is great for a sports car, even with the 20's on it. I thought about getting the refreshed 2010 body style but have to say, my 09 looks better in many ways...especially the back end. The interior is the only semi-negative point on the car. The newer model is definitely new ford and mine is old ford in that department. All-in-all, i love my mustang.

Great looks, fun to drive, and I fit well in it!

by paul1966 from Midland, Mi | March 11, 2011

Being 6'5, and 250# finding a car I fit in is a challenge. Lots of head and leg room. Great car, good feel, and has everything I want. No problems so far.

Mustang Review

by ChuckG from Los Angeles, CA | February 25, 2011

First car for my son. He loves it. The car performs well, has all the goodies, and is way cool Compared to the Camaro, which has poor visibility, and not close to interior finish vs mustang. We're very happy with this car