See Also: 2014 Ford Shelby GT500

Available in 8 styles:  2014 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

This is a V6?

by JohnieR from Central Texas | December 30, 2015

V6 Premium. Ok, so I knew it had 305 horsepower when I bought it, but it is crazy how fast this thing is for a V6. It has the 273 rear gears, so it isn't all that fast off of the line. That is fine, as I don't drag race. However, anything above 40 mph and this thing jumps when you punch it. The only acceleration I care about it from 55-75 when I pass someone, and it NAILS that. Cruising at 70, I get 30 mpg! I traded a Taurus for this, and I will NEVER have another FWD vehicle. Until Ford comes up with a RWD sedan, this is my ride. It handles like a dream, runs like a rabbit, and has a decent stereo in the premium.

Incredible Car

by Mt. Rainier from Bellevue, WA | November 10, 2015

Wanted to own a muscle car - this beats other muscle cars hands down. Looks great, handles well. No issues whatsoever till now. MPG a bit lower than advertised, but hey, you dont buy this car for the gas mileage!

California Special

by Nana's Mustang from Patterson La | September 9, 2015

I have always dreamed of owning a Ford Mustang, recently purchased the 2014 California Special Package and its better then I had hope for. Looks Great and handles perfectly on the highway. My Dream Car come true.

Why I don't like Ford Mustang

by Rubia from Miami, Fl | June 9, 2015

The car is inside out is beautiful. I think young people will like it. It has lots of pick up, it can be very well be a collectors. Sincerely Alina

2014 Mustang GT

by Ross from Minneapolis | April 22, 2015

I bought a 2014 Mustang GT last fall and I absolutely love it. It's amazing how well built this car is. The 420 HP engine is amazing. Although I like to tinker with cars to make them more powerfull, I find that this engine is more than adequite for all your driving needs. What I was really surprised about was the great gas milaege you can get. Although it's a Muscle car, it can get very good milaege at the same time. If you drive on the highway at 75-80 you get the advertised 26 MPG, but if you trully want to get outstanding gas milaege, you can get 30 MPG on the highway by keeping the speed down between 55-60. This is economy car gas milaege, while still having awsome power. This is the best car I have ever owned.

Best Performance Car for the Dollar

by Bears 50 from Coatesville, Pa | February 20, 2015

This is a great car for the money. I traded in an 2009 Mustang GT and the 2014 does not feel anything like the older model. Such an improvement. Better electronics, quieter, now mechanical noise when shifting, better handling, more niceties like the pony light on the mirrors and lit sill plates, actual headrests on the rear seats, comfortable, a six speed transmission that provides the extra gear where one felt missing in the 09 and the motor is a wonder of power, smoothness and the ability to pull smoothly even in higher gears. What a great car. Ford does it again!

mustang muscle car?

by jethro from Ohio | February 4, 2015

Main issue is our 2006 ran and looked like a true muscle car. The 2014 runs like a muscle car But looks like any other economy car. The engineers missed the boat again removing the sporty rear spoiler and front scoop and replacing them with plain Jane accessories. Started off the new design with muscle and have taken it away.

Fun, comfortable but mileage not so great

by Logan from Cross Plains, TN | January 19, 2015

I only have this car 3 weeks so hard to rate reliability , but comfort, heated seats,ergonomics are awesome. Love the virtual guages seat will not recline flatback and that I hate because I like to take a nap during lunch sometimes they only go back 30 degrees. but when driving they are comfortable even teh back seat although it looks cramped is actually good for a full sized adult due to the way it is angled.radio and sync system are awesome I noticed that even a 2011 is going for 22-25 k so they hold their value.But only getting 23 MPG you just can't go above 60 for good mileage I have a 1997 grand prix that get 29 at 85 -90 and seems to have more punch to it . Still I have the mustang convertible and already thinking of buying the fastback in addition to this one

by Hulk from Indiana | January 13, 2015

This is my first mustang I got the base gt manual in the Gotta Have It Green. I love this car power on tap color is amazing its a little tight in the inside but im 6ft 10in tall. I cant say it enough I love this car and the lump under the hood makes it worth it don't get a v6.

Dream Come True

by Pony love from Central Texas | October 26, 2014

I bought a stripped down V6 with manual transmission and absolutely LOVE this car! It feels solid, weighty, and is very responsive. In curves and corners it handles well --even when the turn involves a hump rather than a bank, she never "walks" out of the intended path. Turning through gravel, she stays true. Shifting is easy and smooth. The clutch is firm but not tough. The stick is comfortably reachable and the shifting pattern is close but each gear is very easy to find right from the start. Reverse requires a slight press down as you pull it over and push up into gear, but it is not hard to find nor difficult to accomplish (even for a relatively small woman). Ergonomically, this car is really a great fit; the seating is firm and comfortable, the slightly retro dash has an uncomplicated easy-on-the-eyes charm, and the cabin layout allows me to keep my eyes on the road which is a good thing because even the V6 loveloveloves to go fast. And she really does it well. I never understood why guys gush about the sound of a car's engine...that is until I was driving my Pony home from the dealership-- she isn't a Shelby or a GT so she talks a little softer...but she has such a sweet sound I hate to turn on the radio. I don't have a backing sensor and this car was a major style change for me; even so, it is easy to get acclimated to her size and shape. The one thing I'd say is that if you are not accustomed to long coupe doors, if won't take too many occasions of under-estimating the space you need in order to get out of your car...without climbing out the window ;-).