See Also: 2014 Ford Mustang

15 city / 24 hwy

Overall

2014 Mustang GT

by Ross from Minneapolis | April 22, 2015

I bought a 2014 Mustang GT last fall and I absolutely love it. It's amazing how well built this car is. The 420 HP engine is amazing. Although I like to tinker with cars to make them more powerfull, I find that this engine is more than adequite for all your driving needs. What I was really surprised about was the great gas milaege you can get. Although it's a Muscle car, it can get very good milaege at the same time. If you drive on the highway at 75-80 you get the advertised 26 MPG, but if you trully want to get outstanding gas milaege, you can get 30 MPG on the highway by keeping the speed down between 55-60. This is economy car gas milaege, while still having awsome power. This is the best car I have ever owned.

Best Performance Car for the Dollar

by Bears 50 from Coatesville, Pa | February 20, 2015

This is a great car for the money. I traded in an 2009 Mustang GT and the 2014 does not feel anything like the older model. Such an improvement. Better electronics, quieter, now mechanical noise when shifting, better handling, more niceties like the pony light on the mirrors and lit sill plates, actual headrests on the rear seats, comfortable, a six speed transmission that provides the extra gear where one felt missing in the 09 and the motor is a wonder of power, smoothness and the ability to pull smoothly even in higher gears. What a great car. Ford does it again!

mustang muscle car?

by jethro from Ohio | February 4, 2015

Main issue is our 2006 ran and looked like a true muscle car. The 2014 runs like a muscle car But looks like any other economy car. The engineers missed the boat again removing the sporty rear spoiler and front scoop and replacing them with plain Jane accessories. Started off the new design with muscle and have taken it away.

Fun, comfortable but mileage not so great

by Logan from Cross Plains, TN | January 19, 2015

I only have this car 3 weeks so hard to rate reliability , but comfort, heated seats,ergonomics are awesome. Love the virtual guages seat will not recline flatback and that I hate because I like to take a nap during lunch sometimes they only go back 30 degrees. but when driving they are comfortable even teh back seat although it looks cramped is actually good for a full sized adult due to the way it is angled.radio and sync system are awesome I noticed that even a 2011 is going for 22-25 k so they hold their value.But only getting 23 MPG you just can't go above 60 for good mileage I have a 1997 grand prix that get 29 at 85 -90 and seems to have more punch to it . Still I have the mustang convertible and already thinking of buying the fastback in addition to this one

by Hulk from Indiana | January 13, 2015

This is my first mustang I got the base gt manual in the Gotta Have It Green. I love this car power on tap color is amazing its a little tight in the inside but im 6ft 10in tall. I cant say it enough I love this car and the lump under the hood makes it worth it don't get a v6.

Dream Come True

by Pony love from Central Texas | October 26, 2014

I bought a stripped down V6 with manual transmission and absolutely LOVE this car! It feels solid, weighty, and is very responsive. In curves and corners it handles well --even when the turn involves a hump rather than a bank, she never "walks" out of the intended path. Turning through gravel, she stays true. Shifting is easy and smooth. The clutch is firm but not tough. The stick is comfortably reachable and the shifting pattern is close but each gear is very easy to find right from the start. Reverse requires a slight press down as you pull it over and push up into gear, but it is not hard to find nor difficult to accomplish (even for a relatively small woman). Ergonomically, this car is really a great fit; the seating is firm and comfortable, the slightly retro dash has an uncomplicated easy-on-the-eyes charm, and the cabin layout allows me to keep my eyes on the road which is a good thing because even the V6 loveloveloves to go fast. And she really does it well. I never understood why guys gush about the sound of a car's engine...that is until I was driving my Pony home from the dealership-- she isn't a Shelby or a GT so she talks a little softer...but she has such a sweet sound I hate to turn on the radio. I don't have a backing sensor and this car was a major style change for me; even so, it is easy to get acclimated to her size and shape. The one thing I'd say is that if you are not accustomed to long coupe doors, if won't take too many occasions of under-estimating the space you need in order to get out of your car...without climbing out the window ;-).

A Western Washington State Review

by None from Washington State | October 15, 2014

I'll be short and blunt. After 10,000 miles on this V6 Mustang manual transmission, here are the observations from a Deputy who spends thousands of road hours in his car . Pros / Hits. Styling: We've never owned a car were we find people looking at it in the parking lot or slowing down to admire it. in dark read, it's a very sharp looking pony. Ford nail that just fine. Layout / features: Great trunk room. Front seats are like a form fitting glove. Instrument layout is excellent, as is the sound system, air, cruse control very sharp and precise. Headlights that light up the road well enough to read by, yet have a very crisp line between illuminated and dark that keeps the lights out of oncoming traffic. Go to high beam and the signs and animal eyes shine for hundreds of yards. Economy: Burning regular unleaded gas on a 600 mile trip to Idaho, we made 32.7 heading East, and 32 on the way home going West. Ran into some construction that caused a lot of parking and waiting. Around town, my wife averages 30.7 on her 25 mile commute to work. When I drive it, I'm down to 30.2. She's just smoother on the clutch than I am. The higher alcohol level, the less mileage. We run only straight gasoline in it. Have yet to try premium. Performance: For only a 255 cubic inch engine, WOW! It does however have a flat spot between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM that sputters a bit. Once past that it takes off. All other ranges are great. The handling is very sharp. As odd as it sounds, one item that really stands out are the breaks. This car will stop in a very short distance; as in hold on to your sunglasses! Cons / Misses: Shifting to reverse requires you to push the stick down, then over to the far left upper position. There is not much difference in the feel between being in reverse or first gear. Both of us have "hopped" up onto a curb when we intended to back up. It's just a very clumsy way of going into reverse compared to lifting a collar or having it's own dedicated position. Very annoying! Sheet metal has some very sloppy spot welds around the inside of the trunk area. One of which laid my hand open when I went to take out a sack of groceries. I should have gotten stitches! Some file and grinder work in the trunk area removed the "metal hooks" and some very sharp sheet metal edges. Automatic darkening rearview mirror is a major miss! It takes way too long to darken, then it's not nearly enough for country night driving. Headlights from behind you are blinding with no manual way of making them darker. This one is a major miss for night and evening driving that I'm going to have to fix one way or the other. The passenger seat has no electric option, nor does it slide forward quickly when tilted forward for a rear seat passenger. Another major miss that makes it very cramped to get something or someone out of the back seat. Engine flat spot. As mentioned earlier, when accelerating the engine has a torque flat spot between 2,000 and 3,000 rpm that is annoying. My wife never feels it because she is smoother on the throttle than I am. I tend to get on it a bit when getting up to freeway speed so I feel it. Engine governor. The engine has a programmed MPH limitation. Yes, it's well above the speed limit but this is a sports car so it should be able to perform like one if called upon to do so on an open to the public track. It's like selling someone a pickup truck then saying "now don't haul anything in it", or giving a kid a hatchet for Christmas then saying "don't go chopping anything with it". Road noise can be annoying on chip sealed roads. Blacktop only has the sound of air. Overall, this is one very well performing vehicle that we completely enjoy driving and would buy again. A very good blend of economy, performance, electronic features and styling. It's truly a Mustang.

US muscle car version 21st century

by Jimbo from Texas | September 29, 2014

At fifty years old the basic Mustang could be nearing car-old-age. My 2014 is just what I expect from US 21st century muscle car design. Small and light 400hp+ with exhaust note to die for. Punch it and 5.0 Mustang is all G force and looking at the sky. The "rear seats" are perfect for hamsters......or maybe an umbrella. Controls are not techo-videogame but more old school. No rear view camera. 60's muscle cars didn't have them. Don't want the added weight. They don't earn you a big thumbs up from other males as you pull into a parking lot either. Which brings up another point. Women will universally ask "why do you need all that power in such a small sporty car?" Then "take me for a ride" Men just say "yeah". Steve McQueen would understand. He would probably drive one.

2014 Mustang GT

by Geo 3 from Fort Pierce FL | September 29, 2014

This car is a rocket and much fun to drive. If you are looking for a fast reliable car . Buy one you wont have any regrets.

I don't see what others see in this car

by amirzaa from San Jose, CA | September 29, 2014

My 2006 Toyota Camry SE (V6) was in a minor accident, and in the shop for a week. In the meantime I needed to rent a car, and this was the only one they had available. Here is my review after driving a week: This car has no room, is uncomfortable, handles very poorly, is way to heavy and burns lots of gas. The back seats are a joke. I really don't get why so many people like this car. I guess they drove awful cars prior to this one. Only plus is it has a lot of power, but no brains. Can't wait to get my Camry back