See Also: 2014 Ford Shelby GT500

Available in 8 styles:  2014 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I wish it drove like it should

by What a joke from Los Angeles, CA | July 6, 2014

I leased this car on new years eve and was really excited to have this brand new mustang. While test driving the car I noticed the engine had no engine braking and spoke with the sales rep about it. He told me that its just a new engine and it should break in and drive normal soon enough. 5000 miles later and it's been the most unpleasant and frustrating car I've ever driven. Ford claims the car drives normally yet the engine refuses to slow down. At 1500 rpm in any gear, the engine starts giving itself gas again even with the foot off the gas. Trying to slow down and keeping the car in gear...it's like driving with cruise control on. Even dropping the car into first gear doesn't slow it down once it's in gear. This is the biggest joke of a car and I want it recalled. For the record, I've driven 3 other identical cars and they all do it. The V6 mustang with a manual transmission is broken beyond belief.

2014 Mustang GT 5.0

by Driver from Mpls, MN | July 4, 2014

Wow, this car is a real rocket on the road, very fun to drive. Mine is a 6 speed manual and it works and feels great, the clutch is not hard to use. I haven't drivin a manual in about 20 years. I specifically got the track package and was disappointed there was no oil gauge. The climate control is manual and I thought Ford kind of cheaped out there - this is a top of the line Mustang. Owner since 5/31/14, 780 miles on it on 7/3/14.

Great looking car

by richlittle from paducah, ky | June 9, 2014

Got 26.8 mpg on my new Mustang on trip to St. Louis and Michigan, at around 78 mph.. Car handles great and is really nice.

finally - after 50 years

by CS Lt from Midlothian, VA | May 29, 2014

Everything I wanted - drop top - leather interior - big sound - factory duals. Got the V-6, but has lots of punch and go, plus will do much better for milage. This is not a race car, it is for driving enjoyment and that's why I bought it instead of the 5.0 version Sound system is great - lots of capacity and remains clear - no distortion. Lots of fancy little things on the dash: dash light colors, ambient lighting color, steering control adj., numerous engine readings, plus the normal milage and distance. Back seats are tight - but - really comfortable to set on.

2014 Mustang v6

by '14Pony from Kansas City | May 24, 2014

I've owed many cars including a few BMWs, several Mercedes, a Camaro, and everything in between. Trust me when I say the mustang is the best. As a daily driver/commuter, this car has the performance, looks, and attitude that puts me in the right mood every time I drive it. I test drove every car in the class and can honestly say that for me, this car won my heart hands down. Everyone has their own opinion on muscle cars and that's as it should be...for me personally, I wanted 2014 and not the new 2015 design. With no disrespect intended to others, the Camaro was too chopped and the Challenger too rental car-ish. I'm so glad I bought this car and highly recommend it to you.

old vs new Mustang

by Tuck from connecticut | May 24, 2014

when you consider my first mustang was a muscle car with the 271 HP hipo 289 engine .. Food for thought ... The new 2014 with the V6 with 305 hp and up to 30 mpg would blow the doors off of my old classic . . So I got a 2014 all black loaded mustang premium ragtop .. i am 67 years old .. My first new car being a 66. hipo mustang... love em both but the new car is way superior. all around ....

My Little Black Pony

by MY Little Black Pony from Monroe Center, Illinois | May 9, 2014

My 2014 Ford Mustang is a fun car to drive and looks awesome! I always notice people, men especially, looking at the car. I love the feature of the Mustang horse symbol shining on the ground when you unlock the doors or open the car doors.

Fun ride everytime

by Chin from Atlanta | May 7, 2014

Mustang, the name is well know in the NeedForSpeed game series. I grew up with this virtual car. When planning to buy a car for commuting and outing/road trip, I compared different type of cars and SUVs. But when I took the test drive of 2014 V6 automatic, I was thrilled and simply loved this. I drove coupe of similar vehicles like Dodge Avenger, Charger, Chevy Camero. But something with in this beast, which attract me. in 6 months, it has 6.5K milage. I took it for couple of road trips FL. Participated in Charlotte, NC 50th birthday celebration of Mustang and nearest states. Highway transmission, performance, better road grip, control on speed, swift turns and fuel economy is great 27-28 on an average 70-75 miles/hr. Music, seamless Bluetooth connectivity and sound clarity is superb. Till now no complain no issues. Proud of Owning a Mustang!!!

Fun Car

by G1 from Dallas, TX | April 25, 2014

I bought a 2014 v6 premium. I have 2100 miles and am averaging 19.1 mpg overall, with no issues so far. It is a fun car to drive, it handles really well! The ambient lighting that comes on the premiums is definitely worth it, it is a lot if fun to change the color settings for night driving. I can actually fit 2 average sized adults in the back, as opposed to the camaro where my head would touch the roof. The mustang has blind spot mirrors which help with the visibility. The LCD screen that comes on the premiums is loaded with info, such as how much oil life is left in your car, to checking your brakes, tire pressure, running a vehicle health report, etc...I use it as a daily driver and my only complaint is that there isn't a place to put your spare change, and the door pockets are almost useless, but that's minuscule. The camaro is big on the outside, but small on the inside. The challenger has a "boat" like feeling, making it too big, but the mustang is the goldilocks if the bunch since it is just the right size!

A kick to drive... everyday.

by PonyRide from Renton, WA | April 22, 2014

I've owned many Mustangs in my life, and this is by far the best driving, handling, performing, and looking Mustang yet. I bought a GT premium with manual 6-sp transmission, track pack (Brembo brakes, sport suspension, and 3.73 gears), Recaro leather seats and CS spoiler in Deep Impact Blue. The car is a real kick to drive. The only negative is outside the car. The shiny plastic on the rear trunk lid panel and surrounding the tail lights looks kind of cheap and is difficult to keep clean. It should have been matte finished to tie in the look of the car better and for an easier clean without showing scratches so easily.. It also seems odd that Ford would equip this car with summer only high-performance tires that aren't safe to drive when the temperature dips below 40 degrees (there's actually a warning sticker for this on the car). They should have been all season sport tires. I've owned an earlier generation S197 platformed Mustang (2007 GT), and this car by far exceeds all aspects of that car in styling, performance, and comfort. Ford certainly got this car right! Even with the performance upgrades, it's a pleasure to drive everyday.... if it's warm enough.