1993 Ford Probe

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Its a MONEYPIT

by RICKY from philly | July 21, 2009

If this car has more than 60k on the odometer, run and run away fast. It was great new, but it cost me big $$$$$ on repairs after 60k miles.

Great Car !

by Travis (Toreto) from Houston, Tx | May 12, 2008

I've owned my car for 2 years and has LOTS and LOTS of problems, but every time i put money into and had the problems fixed it was worth it once you get it on the streets, very good handling best I've ever felt no body roll, brakes are very good and stop on a dime ! it is very fast and get me into a lot of trouble as i have some after market goodies for it, but I will say this is a well car for its price can't beat it!, I would say for others that don't race it and maintain it very well then this would be a great and reliable car but on my hand i had lots and lots of problems, but i abused mine very badly it saw red line and very high rpm's daily so thats why mine messed up alot, also this car is very easy to maintain and keep up with but im telling you if you do not maintain it it will break down easily unlike toyota and hondas you HAVE to keep up with the regular tune up and do not skip it or you will be sorry. Great car on my hand I'm doing a popular motor swap in mine next week my oil pump went out and the motor went dry on oil and i blew the motor, so their goes 1500 gone,, Very good car other then mine being abused daily, i would recroment this to anybody looking for a fun car to drive.......

Great First Car

by Country Girl 71 from Lincoln, Nebraska | January 16, 2008

My parents bought me this car when I was 16 and I am still driving it eight years and 80,000 (150,000 total) miles later. Mine averages around 27 mpg city/highway combined. It is very quick, agile, and overall quite light on its feet, but it doesn't feel like driving a tin can. It has been very reliable. Only within the last year did it start having problems. The water pump, distributor and trunk struts needed to be replaced. These problems didn't end up to be too expensive as a family member got salvage parts and was able to fix them. However, the dealership quotes to fix these was over the current value of the car. The front seats are quite roomy and comfortable for the size of the car, but the back seats are a tight squeeze. This is a good car for parents who don't want their kids hauling friends around. The trunk is surprisingly big for the size of the car. Much larger than the similarly sized Neon. Overall this has been a very good car for the time that I've driven it. Great value for the cost.

"Best car ever"

by Travis from tx | November 14, 2007

This is my second probe except my old probe was a probe 4cyl i just bought my second probe for 1800 and it is a hundread times better then my 4 cyl it has a lot of power very reliable and nice look i recromend this vehicle to enybody.

Fun but expensive and tempermental

by sportscarfan from Grand Rapids, MI | October 6, 2006

I've owned my 1995 Probe GT for nearly a year now. This is actually the third Probe I've owned, the first two being first generation bodystyle. On thing that sticks out immediately about these cars is the handling. If you're looking for a fun car to drive, that sticks to the road and corners like a dream, this would be a car to consider. If your looking for a car that will allow you to pass someone on the freeway relatively easily, this would be the car to consider. If your looking for a car that will offer you the above but still be inexpensive on repairs, cheap on maintenance, stay away from the Ford Probe GT. The phrase "pay to play" serves this car well. I bought this car for $3500 with 120,000 miles on it, mainly highway miles the previous owner informed me, which I still believe he was being truthful about. In the last year I have spent close to $1,000 replacing trunk struts (trunk door always fell down, and is VERY heavy), Front shocks, Crank Sensor, two oxygen sensors, ft brake calipers, and a few other things. As of late, I'm having intermitant starting problems, fun fun, and I'm starting to get a ticking noise from my engine, possibly the lifters getting noisy. To make a long story short, if you have the money to keep up with repairs, and are willing to accept the fact that you are going to get ticked off at times with the car, you will overall love driving and owning it. I borrowed a Ford Taurus from a Ford dealer recently (which was very awesome of them to loan me) but once I got my car back, I was at home. The Probe GT is just a fun car to drive, point blank, just be prepared to pay the piper when there's a problem.

Featured Services for this Ford Probe