1999 Ford Ranger

Available in 14 styles:  Ranger Regular Cab XL shown

Overall

Reliable truck

by PetrolHead from Tennessee | August 3, 2014

I currently own a white 1999 Ford Ranger, 2wd 4cylinder engine regular cab. It's nothing fancy, it has 60/40 bench seats, pleather, am/fm radio no cd or cassette, hand-crank windows, AC, 15inch American Racing rims, UWS tool box, Bed liner, less than 30% tinted windows, and BF Goodrich tires. My father bought back in 2000, when I was just a boy, as a company truck and gave it to me with about 86,000 miles on it as a teen. Five years later and I have put the odometer on up to 118,300 miles and let me just say in my time of owning this vehicle it has been wonderful. It's seen me through college, it's gone offroad (NOT MUDDING IT WOULD GET STUCK lol), it's hauled furniture, bricks, lumber, sand bags, etcetera, and the only work I've ever had to do was change the battery, spark plugs, oil/oil filter, and routine tire rotations all of which I can do myself (except the tire rotations). I absolutely love my truck and maybe because it's the first vehicle I've ever owned but it's been wonderful. It's taken dents in the side and I pulled them all out with a plunger of all things I mean I've done maybe two or three patch jobs that look like nothing ever happened! It's just an easy to work with truck that I highly recommend to anybody who is looking for an affordable vehicle for their son or daughter, or even as a good work truck. I've made good memories in my Ranger and honestly I plan to drive it till the wheels fall off. My only qualms would be that the gas mileage isn't outstanding, I'd say I get 15-17 mpg and trying to accelerate up to speed on the interstate with the 4 cylinder model takes a minute. I would say with gas prices fluctuating between $3 to $3.5 it costs me about $45 to fill it up completely from almost empty. Which isn't all that bad but if you drive back and forth to work or school like I do during the week you're looking at filling it up once every week. But seriously I'm happy with the vehicle and am glad that the problems are so minuscule. Hope this helps!

Great Truck

by Randy Andy from Pasadena, CA | July 29, 2014

I love the truck and how it handles. It doesn't get fantastic gas mileage but runs on ethanol e-85 which is 50 cents cheaper per gallon. It has been very reliable and looks great.

Good truck

by Pushing70 from Germantown, Md | July 7, 2013

Very good truck. Drives and rides like a car! Excellent work vehicle! Great gas mileage and nice capacity too.

No more Rangers? What the.....

by Fast Buck from Central PA | July 16, 2012

Bought a red 1999 Ranger Sport 4X4 super cab with 75,000 miles in June 2008. The Ranger replaced a 1997 Tacoma with 210,000 miles that was bought back by Toyota as part of their "silent" rust recall program........oh well. The Ranger has been a pleasant surprise, nothing fancy, 3.0 engine, A/T , A/C and single CD player, no other options. Truck is used to haul stuff, dirt, gravel, furniture, bikes, etc. definately not babied! So far I'm very happy with this truck, have kept up with maintanenace, no major repairs, gas MPG is lousey but I knew that going in. Overall just a good, reliable small pickup. So it figures that Ford's not selling them anymore in the USA, not enough profit margin.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Ranger sport xlt super cab 4*2

by Mach1/ranger from Huron, CA | October 8, 2011

I got my 1999 ford ranger sport back in 2003, with 36K miles on it and now it has 229K miles...Its been up the mountains and to the coast, up to Reno nevada and down to michoacan mexico.... through the frigid cold to the scorching heat... This truck is a beat it down truck... And it will just keep going... keep up with its maintenance and I will take you where you wanna go... when it rains and play with my truck in the mud and it never gets stuck... I trust my ranger (my toy) more than my 2003 mach 1(my baby)... This truck is awesome...

9 years and still reliable

by fluke from orange, ca | July 9, 2011

Have only changed the oil (and other fluids), brakes, battery and tires in 9 years. Bought used with 24k and now at 55k. Drive it 6 days a week to my local (10m rnd trp) job.

Lil Red

by Ray from South Bend, IN | December 29, 2010

I have owned my 99 Ford Ranger XLT Sport since 2003. It has been a great little truck. It is as comfortable as our Toyota Avalon and I would just as soon drive it. The only gripe (and reason for 4 stars in performance) I have is the mpg. Most of the time I get about 15.5 mpg around town. If I am very careful, I can get 17.5 mpg. But that is always being aware of how I drive. I didn't realize just how much I loved this truck until it was hit two weeks ago and the other guys insurance co. (Geico) totaled it. I have been looking for another one but can't replace what I had for what they are offering.

My first Truck

by sportsdude89 from Rochester Hills, MI | May 1, 2010

I have the 4x4 XLT supercab flair side. I bought this Truck used with 78,000 miles on it, I now have 105,000+ on it. It has delivered for anything that I have needed for it to do for me. I now take it up to college with me and it doesn't mind the extra driving. My friend has needed to haul stuff numerous times and my Ranger has help him get the job done with no problems! Mine has the AM/FM CD & Cassette, everything power, great inside & out!

My Ranger

by Always Looking for a Good Deal from Franklin, WI | February 22, 2010

I was looking for a reliable small truck for the weekend jobs around the house and to assist with family and friends. The Ford Ranger is strong, reliable with enough room to have the kids tagalong to the lumber yard, nursery etc. Just big enough withough being a full size truck.

this is a verry good pickup

by tmoney from South Dakota | January 20, 2010

i have put about 50000 miles on it and only put a belt and u joints and a barty in it it has 110000 mils on it b 4 my ranger i hanea 99 nissan frontier and it was a pice of junk the ranger is a lot better built truck that is why they say built ford tougth

Featured Services for this Ford Ranger