1999 Ford Ranger

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good truck

by Pushing70 from Germantown, Md | July 7, 2013

Very good truck. Drives and rides like a car! Excellent work vehicle! Great gas mileage and nice capacity too.

No more Rangers? What the.....

by Fast Buck from Central PA | July 16, 2012

Bought a red 1999 Ranger Sport 4X4 super cab with 75,000 miles in June 2008. The Ranger replaced a 1997 Tacoma with 210,000 miles that was bought back by Toyota as part of their "silent" rust recall program........oh well. The Ranger has been a pleasant surprise, nothing fancy, 3.0 engine, A/T , A/C and single CD player, no other options. Truck is used to haul stuff, dirt, gravel, furniture, bikes, etc. definately not babied! So far I'm very happy with this truck, have kept up with maintanenace, no major repairs, gas MPG is lousey but I knew that going in. Overall just a good, reliable small pickup. So it figures that Ford's not selling them anymore in the USA, not enough profit margin.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Ranger sport xlt super cab 4*2

by Mach1/ranger from Huron, CA | October 8, 2011

I got my 1999 ford ranger sport back in 2003, with 36K miles on it and now it has 229K miles...Its been up the mountains and to the coast, up to Reno nevada and down to michoacan mexico.... through the frigid cold to the scorching heat... This truck is a beat it down truck... And it will just keep going... keep up with its maintenance and I will take you where you wanna go... when it rains and play with my truck in the mud and it never gets stuck... I trust my ranger (my toy) more than my 2003 mach 1(my baby)... This truck is awesome...

9 years and still reliable

by fluke from orange, ca | July 9, 2011

Have only changed the oil (and other fluids), brakes, battery and tires in 9 years. Bought used with 24k and now at 55k. Drive it 6 days a week to my local (10m rnd trp) job.

Lil Red

by Ray from South Bend, IN | December 29, 2010

I have owned my 99 Ford Ranger XLT Sport since 2003. It has been a great little truck. It is as comfortable as our Toyota Avalon and I would just as soon drive it. The only gripe (and reason for 4 stars in performance) I have is the mpg. Most of the time I get about 15.5 mpg around town. If I am very careful, I can get 17.5 mpg. But that is always being aware of how I drive. I didn't realize just how much I loved this truck until it was hit two weeks ago and the other guys insurance co. (Geico) totaled it. I have been looking for another one but can't replace what I had for what they are offering.

My first Truck

by sportsdude89 from Rochester Hills, MI | May 1, 2010

I have the 4x4 XLT supercab flair side. I bought this Truck used with 78,000 miles on it, I now have 105,000+ on it. It has delivered for anything that I have needed for it to do for me. I now take it up to college with me and it doesn't mind the extra driving. My friend has needed to haul stuff numerous times and my Ranger has help him get the job done with no problems! Mine has the AM/FM CD & Cassette, everything power, great inside & out!

My Ranger

by Always Looking for a Good Deal from Franklin, WI | February 22, 2010

I was looking for a reliable small truck for the weekend jobs around the house and to assist with family and friends. The Ford Ranger is strong, reliable with enough room to have the kids tagalong to the lumber yard, nursery etc. Just big enough withough being a full size truck.

this is a verry good pickup

by tmoney from South Dakota | January 20, 2010

i have put about 50000 miles on it and only put a belt and u joints and a barty in it it has 110000 mils on it b 4 my ranger i hanea 99 nissan frontier and it was a pice of junk the ranger is a lot better built truck that is why they say built ford tougth

Excellent reliable truck

by frankwage from | November 19, 2009

XLT Extended Cab / Auto / Off Road Package 4x4 -This truck has been dependable and trouble free. Bought it with 20K miles and now has 130K. No major repairs ever. Doesn't leak or use any oil. Good work truck, hauled a bunch of firewood, but drives comfortable. 16.5 mpg in town, 18.5 to 19 mpg on the road. Highly recommend, buying another Ranger soon. Best value for the money in this truck class.

Gets the job done

by DaveFST from | November 30, 2008

I bought this truck new and at around $25000. thought it was a bit high for a compact truck but a full size wouldn't fit in my garage. It only gets about 14 or 15 MPG but I only drive it in stop and go city traffic. I have the 4.0L V6 4x4 XLT 4 door extended cab. It's been reliable with only minor problems.

Featured Services for this Ford Ranger