2000 Ford Ranger

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Perfect truck

by Teal from Virginia | July 5, 2014

We bought this truck for my son who just started driving because he loves trucks and we wanted a small size so it's easier to park and manage. This was perfect. Ours is a 4x4 so it has a big truck feel and nice look. He loves it and it is easy for him to load it with the lawn care things he needs for work and all his baseball stuff.

Great Truck

by Happy camper from tri cities washinton | March 5, 2014

I have had my Ranger for over 8 years and it has been the best truck. I have worked it hard hauling wood., pulling a 26 foot camper trailer, Loaded car trailers and drive every day to work. It has never let me down and runs Great at 145.000

Great Trucks!

by Ranger_Lover from Ohio | March 2, 2014

I've owned 4 rangers, a 1984, 1994, 1999, and my last a 2000. The last 3 all had well over 200K on them when I traded them in or sold them. My dad is still driving my 1994 with 285K on the original 3.0L automatic! I bought my 2000 4.0L 4x4 in 2004 with 40K on it. I had to rebuild the transmission once at 125K due to the common 2-3 flare in the 5R55E transmissions. The only other major repair was the upper intake manifold gasket at 212K. When I sold it, it had 288K on it and still running strong. I still see it being driven by the new owner from time to time. I used this truck while a volunteer for a local fire department. Drove hard and put away wet many times. Goes thru LOTS of snow (18+ inches during a blizzard) without much trouble. Had the off road package, which helped on numerous ambulance calls when the patient was off road and not accessible by the squad. These are great trucks, and would buy another if I didn't need the room for the family!

Another GREAT Ford Ranger

by NJ Mike from Jersey shore | November 9, 2013

This is my third Ford Ranger, this one is a 4X4 with the off road package like my last one. I love these trucks.

Impressed with the power

by p/u Enthusiast from Norflok, Va. | September 9, 2013

This little truck is great! Just what I was looking for. Great fuel mileage and comfort. It is small with comfort, and sporty. Supercab, stepside I really like the setup. The ride is really good. I have been an owner of the F150 and F100 for years. I was kind of afraid to get a smaller version. Now I wish I had of gotten one sooner. It is a great little p/u. There are a few little issues that I found with the truck after I bought it, but nothing major. I am a mechanic so nothing I can't handle.

For the money a real good Value

by Old Goat from Sedgewickville, MO | December 24, 2012

For the age vehicle still in good shape and style hasn't changed a lot over the years more interested in mileage and mpg than anthing else. Seems like a good compromosize for a small budget

want another ranger

by dragonblaze from Maine | February 29, 2012

mine is 13 years old and 178000 miles I want another RANGER love it!!! I would recommend this Truck to anyone Rangers are the best!!!

2000 Ford Ranger XLT

by RandallK from Ontario, NY | February 1, 2012

For a 12 year old truck with 136,000 miles on it I consider it a fair value for the money. The interior was pristine almost showroom fresh. The exterior shows its 12 years wear but no debilitating rust. I bought it for its trucking capabilities which I feel that it will carry out very well.

Reliable Truck

by 2000 Ford Ranger Owner from Braidwood, IL | May 15, 2011

I've owned this truck for six months now (3rd. owner) and it runs great! The only thing I've replaced on it was the oxygen sensors---the originals were still on the truck (10 years old) and the U-joints. Yes, the gas mileage was brutal at first---14 or 15 miles to the gallon, but I bought an air intake system and now get about 18 or 19 miles to the gallon consistently---that's on a 4.0 liter 4x4, off road package. I also noticed a horsepower increase. Other than my one modification and regularly changing the oil (every 3,000 miles), I have no complaints about the truck whatsoever. I will mention that the horsepower isn't superb due to the fact that the 2000 ford ranger still incorporated the OHV engine instead of the SOHC engine (2001-present). As for the interior, in my opinion it is very comfortable (extended cab). I am 6' 2" and fit into this cab with about 4 inches to spare, so no worries if you are tall and concerned about fitting in this vehicle. As for other features, my truck is 2 door. I would highly recommend trying to find a four door due to back seat accessibility issues. If you want a small truck, don't need to rocket off from a standing position, and need a reliable engine, then a Ford Ranger is right for you.

Terrible Truck

by Ranger hater from Rochester, NY | March 5, 2011

v-6, 3liter, flex fuel xlt extend cab ranger is a terribly designed vehicle. Numerous transmission problems starting at 80,000 miles. Frequency of repairs plus low mpg makes the overall cost very expensive.

Featured Services for this Ford Ranger