2002 Ford Ranger

2002 Ford Ranger

Available in 27 styles:  2002 Ford Ranger 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 5.75' box 111.6" WB shown

Overall

2002 Ranger

by deerhunter44 from Georgia | May 30, 2014

Perfect small truck. This my second Ranger sold the first one with 204,000 miles on it. Still going and every thing works perfect. Hope to drive this one for at least 10 years.

Something's not right

by Just Looking from | June 6, 2013

I noticed while looking through the pictures of this vehicle that the shift lever is on the steering column. This truck is listed as a 5 speed manual. What gives?

Luv this vehicle!

by FordGurl from Springfield, mo | May 12, 2013

used cars.com and did heavy research on ford rangers before I picked the year and model I wanted. Took my time and after 6 months I found my new baby on this website! After driving it, the dealer gave me a great deal! Thank you for your website!

Ford Tough

by Rocky from Dysart Ia. | March 31, 2013

Grew up liking Chevy's. Have since purchased Ford's and have had extremely great durability from them.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

by Jersey Rick from Jersey Shore | November 25, 2012

Bought it new in 2002 XLT model extended cab 4x2 and now has 205,000 mi with no problems. Had to replace trans at 94,000 due to bad converter,otherwise no problems at all,can't kill this thing! I just do the normal maint. at the local Ford dealer. Keep thnking about replacing it,but why should I. Runs great ,but starting to show it's age because I don't wax as often as I should. Ford made a mistake by not building the Ranger any more.

great little truck

by Red Rider from Central Point, Oregon | June 25, 2012

redhot and fun, we are really enjoying it. Great mpg compared to our former suv. We actually have two Rangers, the above mentioed and a 1992, my hubby drives "whitie" most of the time, with fuel prices he loves getting 24+ mpg

Disappointing FX4

by Ford Truck Guy from Laguna Niguel, CA | April 2, 2012

I have owned several Ford trucks, but my 2002 Ranger FX4 has cost me more money in maintenance costs in the last four years, that I could have bought the truck all over again. I have always kept meticulous care and maintained regularly per the recommended service intervals. Regardless of my preventative measures, the rear end, the transmission and the transfer case failed and had to be rebuilt; a computer module, two in-tank fuel pumps, EGR valve, O2 sensor and mass air flow meter have all failed as well. The insulating moulding around the doors don't seal properly and road noise is heard. The truck has 123k miles. The 4.0L engine is great.

Ideal small truck

by No Stranger to Ranger from Chicago suburbs | March 2, 2012

If you need to tow yachts every day, the Ranger probably is not for you; get a Super Duty diesel. The Ranger also might not be right for you if you need a car that does 70+ mpg; get a Fiesta ECOnetic diesel. If you want something that can haul normal loads, cruise around at 25 mpg, and actually start in Winter, then the Ranger is definitely a good choice. Mine is 10 years old, nearing 150k miles, and is still running as well as the day I took it for the test drive. It is the most reliable, comfortable and practical vehicle I have ever owned It just never lets me down. In fact, aside from regular scheduled maintenance my truck has needed only 4 minor repairs, all of which were cases of me letting it down - not the other way around. I love this truck. It has served me very well, and I hope it continues to do so for a long time.

never less the torque great vehicle for the money

by the blue ghost. from northandover,ma 01845 | November 25, 2010

this truck is 9years old and never had one breakdown.i went from boston to ny and got over 30 miles to the gallon thats with the 3.0 engine and some weight in the back.my friend drove and couldnt believe how much power it has.i hope this is my last vehicle i only have 68,000 on the engine,also great ride on the highway,downfall is rough ride on city roads,last but not least i live in the north and have alot of snowey winters and never have gotten stuck even in bllizards.i love this truck to death.

extremely versitile

by benjammmin from manorville, ny | September 28, 2010

I have the 02 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 liter engine. runs great. i can literally do anything with this truck. ive towed cars, hauled 40 heavy bags of mulch several times, and taken the truck offroading almost every day, no problems. exceptional in sand, mud, and snow in both 2wd mode and 4wd mode. as for fuel economy i cant really complain at all, 22 mpg with the 4.0 and plenty of power. the only thing i would change would be to make the extended cab a bit bigger, enough room for a full rear bench seat as opposed to the rear jump seats. although i am more of a full size truck kinda guy, the ranger will always be one of my favorite vehicles.

Uses car for Off-roading