2003 Ford Ranger

2003 Ford Ranger
Available in 25 styles:  2003 Ford Ranger 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 5.75' box 111.6" WB shown

Overall

love my baby even with a transplant.

by jim from San Diego Ca. | May 30, 2016

I bought my 2003 Ranger new and haven't loolked back. The truck was trouble free for thirteen years until a timing chain broke. The engine was okay but the overengeering made a simple repair expensive and was cheaper to put a newer overhaul instead of using the original motor. The4.0 is a great little motor with a lot of torque and hauls a load well but it is fairly complicated for a domestic. I would like to see ford bring back the ranger except with the 3.9 or a less complicated motor because the truck overall is great and the v6 has plenty of power. Imay have this truck until the wheels fall off or until ford revives the ranger. Love my Baby.

2003 Ford Ranger Edge

by blueeagle from Friendship, TN | January 7, 2015

I bought a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge reg. cab truck with a 3.0 V-6 and 5 speed auto trans. 4 weeks ago with only 57,000 miles on it, owner lived a few miles from here and just drove it on weekends. I have had two other Rangers in the past and just love these little trucks. I had a 1985 Ranger bought new with a 2.3 4cyl engine and 5 speed manual and put over 300,000 miles on it before giving it to my son. I bought a 1999 new with the 3.0 V-6 flex engine and 4 speed auto and had just over 460,000 miles on it before hitting a deer with it 4 weeks ago. I'm having it fixed. I think it was a bad mistake Ford made when Ford stopped making the Ranger. I don't need a full size truck.

only truck I've loved.

by lovemyford from waverly,Tennessee | December 2, 2013

Best time I've ever driving! Love my other one so much,I want another just like.SO FUN TO OWN!Thanks

best vehicle I've owned

by oklip955 from OKC, Ok | April 25, 2013

This is my third little truck and first Ranger. Bought it used in 2005 when gas prices where going up. Just basic maintenance and at 210,000 miles. Its a 4 cy manual regular cab. I've kept track of the mileage and it ave 25/26 around town and 27 on the highway. I just want to clone this truck. Ford bring back the Ranger and put comfortable seats in it. My 2003 has comfortable seats the newer ones don't. So I keep my little red Ranger. I guess when the motor quits I'll just buy another motor for it. Its a keeper.

ranger

by ragtop from Ocala Fl. | December 10, 2012

I purchased my 2003 on 10/11 with 101,000 miles. It is the xcab 3.0 6cly.liter, Automatic Edge. It is still running strong and is very reliable, and dependable. Ive put some 12,000 miles since the purchase and have had some brake wrk done. Regular maintenance. And the air recharged. It's hot in Florida. Not bad 4 a 10yr. Old truck. My only complaint would be It's a little light in the rear end, slips n the sand/wet grass.

two of them for eight years - no problems!

by coffee from fort dodge, iowa | April 3, 2012

easy to get around easy on gas (with small mods) all the power i could want. ( if i want to go fast i'll buy a mustang) comfortable, and never failed me.

good little urban pickup

by bruce from Central MN | March 9, 2012

Bought used for 4600. Surprised by the low end power of the 4-cyl. Thought for sure it would be "hyper" and make torque way up in RPM band but was pleasantly surprised at not having to spool up the flywheel to get it to move. However, passing power from 50 or so to 70 is very week. Could be fatal to someone not accustomed to it, but OK by me because I know it ahead of time. It's part of the sacrifice for great mileage, very accurately figured at 26.55 in town and 27.1 on the highway, where I rarely go less than 65 to 75, which would explain the small difference between the two. Lacks left shoulder room but all in all, I like it very much. Perfect for all the small things I do now that I'm retired. I've had a Ford 1-ton steel flatbed with hyd. hoist and a Ford 3/4 ton heavy-duty with 4-whl drive. Both performed exceptionally well despite the fact that I worked them to premature deaths. My doing, no fault of the trucks.

do not buy

by floppyjavelin from alexandria, VA | November 24, 2011

the odometer was rolled back on this truck. beware. if you're desperate, this might be a good truck.

Excellent overall performance and Value

by Kayak Hauler from Troy, OH | May 24, 2011

I just bought my first truck. After much research and test driving I decided on the Ford Ranger. This little truck just felt right. It runs smooth and has everything I wanted for taking my Kayak to go fishing. Similar Chevrolet and Dodge trucks were just not put together well with rust or things falling apart on about everyone I looked at. The Toyoto Tacoma was rated well and is overpriced by a great deal because of that. The Ranger is just the best of all the small trucks for Value, cost, and performance.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Sweet little truck

by Home Improvement Bug from Des Moines, IA | January 17, 2011

The 4 cylinder motor is great for an in town vehicle. It is great little truck for hauling supplies for home and yard projects.